Quantum of the seas

has anyone been able to find out where the sailings will be for this awesome new ship and when they will begin.

Cheers

Your best bet is to post this question over on the Royal Caribbean

Forum.

New York (actually, Cape Liberty NJ), Bermuda and the Caribbean. They have a map on one of the on-line brochures I looked at. No routes, just a map of the ports she'll visit.

From Cruise Ship News:

"There’s a 12-night Southern Caribbean cruise, with stops at Labadee, Philipsburg, Bridgetown and many more. Then there is an 11-night eastern Caribbean cruise, a 8-night eastern Caribbean and also 7 or 8 night cruises, where the ship will stop at Charlotte Amalie, Basseterre and more.

You cannot book a cruise yet...However, Crown & Anchor Society members can begin to book their Quantum of the Seas cruise on May 27, 2013."

From Cruise Critic:

"Bahamas cruises include stops in Port Canaveral, Nassau and the line's private island, Coco Cay. Eastern Caribbean itineraries feature calls in San Juan, Puerto Rico; Samana, Dominican Republic; and the Royal Caribbean-owned Labadee resort on the island of Haiti -- with additional port calls in St. Thomas, St. Maarten and St. Kitts and Nevis on 11-night cruises. The Southern Caribbean itinerary is virtually identical to the 11-night Eastern Caribbean itinerary, minus the stop in St. Thomas, and with additional calls in Martinique and Barbados.

Although the line hasn't included a Bermuda itinerary on its Web site, the new Quantum of the Seas brochure has King's Wharf, Bermuda, listed on the back cover -- meaning the ship will most likely be doing Bermuda sailings at some point.

It is not yet possible to book cruises onboard the ship, however. Royal Caribbean has marked November 2014 for Quantum of the Seas inaugural sail date, and says cruises on Quantum will go on sale June 4."

Hi just wanted to say thanks for the info, the itineraries sound great, and I look forward to seeing another part of the world from my bucket list. And to be on that magnificent ship too, wow.

Cheers Lynsie

This might be the thing that finally get us on a Royal Caribbean ship since they are home porting in Bayonne and doing a wonderful 12 night Caribbean cruise.

Too bad it's not Celebrity. They choose not to keep a ship in Bayonne all year long, so we will have to try other options.

I like the concept of the virtual balcony. :confused: I can get the same effect cheaper by sitting in front of my TV for 7 days watching the web cam view from the bridge. :D Plus I can always hit pause if I need to so I don't miss anything. :rolleyes:

The ship will also have a sky diving simulator, that will be a first...

Listing Bermuda probably means it will make a stop there during a repositioning also. Might also mean that someone at Royal is thinking of doing something in Bermuda to compete with NCLs new Breakaway. I believe Celebrity needs to think of putting one of the S class ship in Bermuda to compete with Breakaway.

I like the concept of the virtual balcony. :confused: I can get the same effect cheaper by sitting in front of my TV for 7 days watching the web cam view from the bridge. :D Plus I can always hit pause if I need to so I don't miss anything. :rolleyes:

Then you haven't grasped the concept at all.

While I would not book such a stateroom because I enjoy sitting out on a real balcony, the virtual balcony feature will give the illusion that the stateroom has a balcony view instead of a solid wall. Instead of a 32" flat screen TV on a shelf with a view towards the front of the ship, and various information scrolling across the screen, the Quantum of the Seas will have an 80" flat screen positioned as if it were a door out to a balcony. This should give a good approximation of the visual experience of having a balcony stateroom, and be visible whenever a person is in the stateroom, much like a real balcony door.

Much better than your less effective solution.

We can see ourselves sailing on Quantum or it's sister ship in the future .The features on this new ship are awesome;):D

Hey Cliff! :D

At least we know she'll be a well-built ship, since she's coming out of Meyer-Weft shipyards in Germany. Rumor has it that she's being built on a modified Solstice hull. Should be interesting to check out the Meyer-Weft live-cam, once the keel is laid, and the build actually commences.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I really don't care for these new, really big ships. For me, cruising is about being on the ocean, feeling the waves, and relaxing. The new ships with so much going on are just not my cup of tea. So I'll happily cruise on the M class ships and leave the bigger ships to the folks that enjoy them. I have friends who love the big ships and that's fine. Different strokes for different folks.

Last week I got a Quantum brochure in the mail. Too much for me. I don't want to cruise with bumper cars, zip lines, and circus tricks. I know that Quantum is not for me. I hope that those people who enjoy big ships with lots of activities have a good time. It sounds more like a carnival type ship.

The new ships with so much going on are just not my cup of tea. So I'll happily cruise on the M class ships and leave the bigger ships to the folks that enjoy them. I have friends who love the big ships and that's fine. Different strokes for different folks.

You really do need to quit being so reasonable and accommodating in your outlook on cruising related topics. :confused:

The next thing you know, your radical ideas might very well spread to the "my-way-or-the-highway" type folks here on CC and the rest of us will loose out on all of our cheap entertainment. ;) :D :p :rolleyes:

What then? :eek:

You really do need to quit being so reasonable and accommodating in your outlook on cruising related topics.

The next thing you know, your radical ideas might very well spread to the "my-way-or-the-highway" type folks here on CC and the rest of us will loose out on all of our cheap entertainment.

What then?

So sorry! :( Being reasonable and accomodating has been an issue I've dealt with my whole life.:eek: I'll try to be more unreasonable and less accomodating in future posts. :p Wouldn't wany anyone to miss out on cheap entertainment! :D

23rd Nov 2014 – 8 night Bahamas

1st Dec 2014 – 11 night Southern Caribbean

12th Dec 2014 – 8 night Bahamas

20th Dec 2014 – 7 night Holiday sailing Bahamas

27th Dec 2014 – 7 night Holiday sailing Bahamas

3rd Jan 2015 – 8 night Eastern

11th Jan 2015 – 12 night Southern Caribbean

23rd Jan 2015 – 10 night Eastern

2nd Feb 2015 – 11 night Eastern

13th Feb 2015 – 7 night Bahamas

20th Feb 2015 – 9 night Eastern

1st March 2015 – 12 night Southern Caribbean