LAFFNVEGAS LIVE from the Zuiderdam to Alaska (version 2013)

LAFFNVEGAS

I do have pictures but they are on my iPad rather than my phone. I might have to wait till I get home to upload those. The ships Internet is just not strong enough I have tried but it just does not upload. I wish I knew a way to access my iPad photos to my iPhone.

Lisa, i googled it and there is an app for that in the istore. But, with the weak wifi, you might not be able to download it while you are on the cruise.

Lunch was excellent, we are now back on the ship. It is hard to believe it is over 100 in Vegas today and here it is in the 40s with 20 mile per hour winds here at the pier But it seems it has always been that way for us in Skagway.

Here are some more pictures from Skagway

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368569135.934395.jpg.76e9cd2d55d3d2677ec3fe88ca4b11a4.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368569085.821655.jpg.168ab680d2930a097037e13d97f25da9.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368569113.180680.jpg.e142ff8b76177e98ba9ec3507c1b3c92.jpg

Lisa, i googled it and there is an app for that in the istore. But, with the weak wifi, you might not be able to download it while you are on the cruise.

If you go into settings > iCloud > photo stream > on (on both devices) all of your photos will go to the cloud and be available on both devices within a few minutes. Just be sure to do it in a free wifi zone.

I ended up calling Verizon and it is something I can have added for $20 a month. I remember now I had thought about doing this earlier and it would have been good to add this before we left but since not many days left I did not add it.

If you go into settings > iCloud > photo stream > on (on both devices) all of your photos will go to the cloud and be available on both devices within a few minutes. Just be sure to do it in a free wifi zone.

Thanks now the free wifi zone is the key ;) especially since we are now back at the ship. Actually I will be able to post the pics on the IPad while waiting for or flight in the Sea Tac airport on Saturday.

We LOVED the Skagway Brewing Company. Laid back. Nice people. Decent beer.

We also enjoyed Red Dog in Juneau. Yeah it's full of cruisers. Yeah the decor is hokey, but if you luck out you get this great geezer of a singer who is a lot of fun. It helped that we were at a small raised table near the front wall.

We will be in Skagway the end of June, can you tell me if the Skagway Brewery is easy to fine, or will we need directions?? thanks.

If you miss the Alaskan Fudge Co. in Juneau, you can find a brach in Skagway on the main drag.

Do you have any recommendations, any favorites from the Alaskan Fudge Co? Anything else worth buying there, like chocolates?

Really appreciate some info, as I am determined to buy some instead of just walking past as usual!

Do you have any recommendations, any favorites from the Alaskan Fudge Co? Anything else worth buying there, like chocolates?

Really appreciate some info, as I am determined to buy some instead of just walking past as usual!

The others might want to find the brewery, but I will be looking for the fudge!!:D

If you miss the Alaskan Fudge Co. in Juneau, you can find a brach in Skagway on the main drag.

Oh we found it in Juneau, I have a small slab of peanut butter with chocolate chips and Tom has milk chocolate with walnuts :D

Tuesday May 14, 2013

Good Evening from Skagway Alaska on the MS Zuiderdam.

This will be a bit abbreviated because I am doing this on my phone and two I have been posting most of the day ;)

Last night after I wrote my report we went up to the Crows Nest for a couple of hours and watched us and the other two ships leave. We were the last with Westerdam being first out. Tonight we leave a bit earlier in about one hour so we will again head up there. Should be quite scenic tonight.

The MDR was much fuller tonight I had this great great Goat Cheese appetizer then had Crab Cakes with these cheesy jalapeño grits and black bean and mango salsa and topped it off with Creme Brûlée. Tom had a salad that had the mandarin oranges in it and Grandmas Chicken Soup and some type of Braised Beef Roulette. Then he had a Strawberry Sundae.

Today was actually a nice relaxing day since I even managed a quick nap this afternoon.

Tomorrow is Glacier Bay Day, we enter Glacier Bay around 6 am we will me at John Hopkins around 9:30 and Majorie at 11:00 am. So guess I cannot sleep in tomorrow.

Signing off from the Beautiful and Elegant MS Zuiderdam

Tuesday May 14, 2013

Good Evening from Skagway Alaska on the MS Zuiderdam.

This will be a bit abbreviated because I am doing this on my phone and two I have been posting most of the day ;)

Last night after I wrote my report we went up to the Crows Nest for a couple of hours and watched us and the other two ships leave. We were the last with Westerdam being first out. Tonight we leave a bit earlier in about one hour so we will again head up there. Should be quite scenic tonight.

The MDR was much fuller tonight I had this great great Goat Cheese appetizer then had Crab Cakes with these cheesy jalapeño grits and black bean and mango salsa and topped it off with Creme Brûlée. Tom had a salad that had the mandarin oranges in it and Grandmas Chicken Soup and some type of Braised Beef Roulette. Then he had a Strawberry Sundae.

Today was actually a nice relaxing day since I even managed a quick nap this afternoon.

Tomorrow is Glacier Bay Day, we enter Glacier Bay around 6 am we will me at John Hopkins around 9:30 and Majorie at 11:00 am. So guess I cannot sleep in tomorrow.

Signing off from the Beautiful and Elegant MS Zuiderdam

I am really enjoying your cruise! Thanks for posting your dinner choices: I l am seeing a few new items and look forward to trying some of these!

Hope Glacier Bay is as beautiful as usual!

The fudge is very good and they sell other chocolate. I usually stop at the main store on Franklin in Juneau and buy fudge for people back home. They usually look forward to it. I rate their fudge among the best I have ever had.

The fudge is very good and they sell other chocolate. I usually stop at the main store on Franklin in Juneau and buy fudge for people back home. They usually look forward to it. I rate their fudge among the best I have ever had.

Thank you for the expert opinion. I bet you have had lots of fudge!!

Lisa, just before your arrival in Juneau weren't you supposed to cruise to Tracy Arm Fjord? I never saw any mention of it. Was it part of your itinerary? It is listed in mine later this month. thanks again, enjoying your review, just waiting to hear how you like the "Rack of Lamb", if they still offer it.

Chuck

On our 7 day V to V Alaska cruise last August Tracy Arm was listed as a "service call" to offload the Tracy Arm folks into a smaller boat. Hub did that and loved it. If you itinerary says SC that's what that is.

Just checked the Volendam and Zuiderdam itineraries and Tracy is listed as SC.

On our 7 day V to V Alaska cruise last August Tracy Arm was listed as a "service call" to offload the Tracy Arm folks into a smaller boat. Hub did that and loved it. If you itinerary says SC that's what that is.

Just checked the Volendam and Zuiderdam itineraries and Tracy is listed as SC.

I've done that shorex ex in Tracy Arm and it's amazing and I'm a hard marker.

Archived