LAFFNVEGAS LIVE from the Zuiderdam to Alaska (version 2013)

LAFFNVEGAS

Greetings from Juneau Alaska we are now docking and getting cleared here at the A J Docks which are on the South end of the town. In town with us is the Westerdam that is docked right downtown and the Golden PrincessImageUploadedByTapatalk1368478006.518959.jpg.48fba8a9c31d6d2bb9db0ffd4427eb3e.jpg

Sorry your sandwich at Dunn's wasn't to your taste. We've been told the Dunn's in Montreal is much better. We've never been to the one you visited so I can't compare.

Happy you have lights in your bathroom again. Likely you weren't thrilled to have electricians in your cabin after midnight but at least they got the switch replaced. :)

Have fun and thanks for sharing your 'live from' with us.

It is good to have my cell service rather than using the ships wifi. I will be able to post some pictures I was not able to post before.

These pics below are from when Marcia and I went to the Butterfly Garden and Butchart Gardens.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368486854.348500.jpg.514476dc5e166265d1afcf4108d25f66.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368486746.277845.jpg.7318bb32a02328318dcaaf98c769a1f8.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368486823.672616.jpg.f6da8b3215f0a6abc4b59117015653e7.jpg

We are soaking wet and just got back on the bus to head back to the ship. Here in town the pics were loading better.

Here are some more

[ATTACH]271159[/ATTACH][ATTACH]271160[/ATTACH][ATTACH]271161[/ATTACH][ATTACH]271162[/ATTACH]

Great pictures!

Lisa, in Juneau you said you are at the AJ dock, far from town. How are people who don't walk far getting to the main shopping area around the waterfront making out. Past cruises we were on HAL at the Red Dog, I remember a long walk along a pretty deserted roadway in the past for some cruisers.

Monday May 13, 2013

Good Evening from Cold Wet Juneau Alaska on the MS Zuiderdam.

This is our 10th time to Juneau and probably the wettest of the 10 times. But that is quite alright. We have done the Salmon Bakes and Whale Watches and gone up to Mt Roberts a few times so this time we decided we would just walk around town and see the various. The economy seems to have improved a bit because this year there were really no empty stores like there were in the previously years. But plenty of sales people trying to get you into their jewelry stores and try on their diamond and various gems ;) We are docked out at AJ Docks which is about a mile from the Main part of town but with the in climate weather definitely worth the $3.00 PP cost of the round trip bus. We were also docked at AJ last year on the Zuiderdam as well as our very first cruise to Alaska in May 2004 when the Oosterdam was the very first cruise ship to dock at AJ.

We arrived around a little before 1 pm today and we were actually off the ship before 2. We came back around 4:30 relaxed and then went to dinner. Not a lot of people in early dining but they missed a very good meal this evening. I was very impressed there was a Ketchikan Seafood Chowder in a bread bowl that was so good, then the Braised Beef Ribs were the tastiest and tenderest I have ever tasted. Really a great meal for a cold raining day :)

Since we are late here in Juneau (10:00pm) there are no regular shows tonight but there is a Comedian at 9:30 by the name of Rod Long. Have not decided if we will go to that or not, then also the Indonesian Crew Show is at 11pm.

Spoke with our son this afternoon, it was 103 degrees in Las Vegas today, just a bit of a difference from what was probably 55 here in Juneau. But he does tell us all is well with him and the animals.

Even though Tom had avery full dinner and he also had them give him a piece of the Halibut with his Braised Short Ribs which was actually very tender per Tom and not dried out, he headed up to the Lido to see what was being served. I myself am stuffed we did not have a lunch but did have a lunch but did have a nice breakfast in the Lido, where after we ate we ran into Solocanadian aka Gail and chatted with her for a bit.

Well I think I will get this posted because I am thinking when Tom returns of heading up to the Crow's Nest to check out today's drink which is called a Artic Kiss not sure what it is because they call it Created with vodka from the upper artic regions. so need to see what that is.

Signing off from the Beautiful and Elegant MS Zuiderdam.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368505044.863881.jpg.bca04eb97441796a202d140f26d44d72.jpg

Good Morning from a very cold Skagway Alaska. There is a slight drizzle and it is 49 F per the ship's information on the TV. Although this is only our third time to Skagway it is also how it has been the previous two times.

We were awoken a 7am by the emergency Fire alarm that there was a fire in the incinerator area so there were numerous constant updates by Captain Turner. Tom and I basically rolled over and went back to sleep.

In our previous times here we always had all day shore excursions and have never had the chance to go to town and check out the shops, so that is the plan for today.

I finally have excellent cell coverage with all 5 bars. I was not getting that in Juneau on my phone, so will upload the other photos I have on the phone although took most on my iPad. I should have set my phone up as a mobile hotspot before I left home.

Yesterday I mentioned we were in port with the Golden my mistake it was the Star Princess and I believe she is here with us today.

Of course we were with the Westerdam yesterday. I am always amazed when I see the really large Crows or probably ravens in Juneau.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368551561.684941.jpg.89b10cff7e9292b5411fc792a741c479.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368551532.774946.jpg.f345e4e4d79229a8245613f9c235db38.jpg

Lisa! Thanks for the great photos! They really enhance your reports which are so interesting to read!

Do you have any photos of Joannie and solocanadian? Would love to see two favorite CC members!

Hope you will be having better weather, but your attitude to it is great.

Lisa! Thanks for the great photos! They really enhance your reports which are so interesting to read!

Do you have any photos of Joannie and solocanadian? Would love to see two favorite CC members!

Hope you will be having better weather, but your attitude to it is great.

I do have pictures but they are on my iPad rather than my phone. I might have to wait till I get home to upload those. The ships Internet is just not strong enough I have tried but it just does not upload. I wish I knew a way to access my iPad photos to my iPhone.

We LOVED the Skagway Brewing Company. Laid back. Nice people. Decent beer.

We also enjoyed Red Dog in Juneau. Yeah it's full of cruisers. Yeah the decor is hokey, but if you luck out you get this great geezer of a singer who is a lot of fun. It helped that we were at a small raised table near the front wall.

We LOVED the Skagway Brewing Company. Laid back. Nice people. Decent beer.

We also enjoyed Red Dog in Juneau. Yeah it's full of cruisers. Yeah the decor is hokey, but if you luck out you get this great geezer of a singer who is a lot of fun. It helped that we were at a small raised table near the front wall.

:) DH got a long sleeve Red Dog jersey and every now and then he actually wore it this winter. :) He had fun there.

What is it? I can't tell what the food is on that plate. :o

Thanks for the great photos.

Sail, top of the picture is two deep fried Halibut Filets on a huge stack of fries that Tom had, the the bottom was a Halibut sandwich w/ tomatoes and onions and tarter sauce then the side was Tater Tots

Archived