Back to Back Question

railman

I have booked our first ever back to back cruise and I have some questions. We booked a 5 day followed by a 4 day on the Ruby out of FLL in January. The booking summary has a note about it being booked as one logical cruise with it being two actual separate cruises. We made one $100 deposit each charging our FCC. I know we will need to clear customs on turn around day and re-board using new cruise cards.

My question is how will they count this as far as cruises completed for Captain’s Circle status. Will this be counted as one or two cruises? On a similar topic as we are both Platinum we each get 150 free internet minutes. Will this start over for the second segment?

My experience has been that you will only get 1 Captain's Circle cruise point but other benefits such as the Internet package are treated like 2 cruises. Thus you'll get 2 of them & my remaining minutes automatically rolled over when activating the 2nd package.

Paul has posted that by contacting Captain's Circle after his cruises he's received a point for each segment of a longer cruise & I plan to try it on my upcoming b2b booked as 1 cruise.

Astro,

FYI, one of the ones I got the second credit for was an old one, about 3 years prior. From your answer I thought you might have one or more for the past.

We do have 2 previous b2b booked as single cruises so thanks for that info and will contact them today. :)

Our first cruise was actually booked as a 17 day cruise. It was a 3 day from Vancouver to La followed by a 14 day LA to FLL Panama Cana cruise.

Although it was booked as one cruise, we discovered that the Captain's circle lady was counting it as 2 cruises. So we were upgraded to gold soon after we left LA.

When the subject of additional cruise credits first came up, I went back to see what I had that could have been two cruises instead of one. There were only two, but they went back lots of years. Not that we needed them; didn't make a bit of difference in our standing. However, they were immediately given and showed up in My Princess immediately.

Think everyone has answered all of your questions!

We love B2B cruises and have taken MANY on Princess.

Just saying .... Once you reach a certain level, it's the number of days that becomes the important factor.

LuLu

~~~~

Think everyone has answered all of your questions!

We love B2B cruises and have taken MANY on Princess.

Just saying .... Once you reach a certain level, it's the number of days that becomes the important factor.

LuLu

~~~~

As far as I know the only use for Cruise Credits after you reach 52 is to break a tie for most traveled.

Can someone confirm about internet minutes? I was given the impression that if I booked B2B as one booking number, my internet minutes were based on the number of days for the combined booking, not two sets of internet minutes for the individual cruises.

For us, it will make the difference between 250 minutes over 20 days vs. 500 minutes over 20 days.

As far as I know the only use for Cruise Credits after you reach 52 is to break a tie for most traveled.

The shocker is when you find that even 1000 days does not put you at the top :)

Hank

The shocker is when you find that even 1000 days does not put you at the top :)

Hank

And how about over 700 days doesn't get you invited to the most traveled luncheon. Not us, but happened in Feb/March on the 49 day Grand cruise.

On the Grand Princess around South America, there were three legs. Some booked it as one cruise some did it as three. All got the internet aallocation for each of the three legs. This may have just been self defense on the part of the internet manager. There were nearly 1000 Elites and about the same number of Platinums on the ship. Imagine if they all went to complain

You may want to check with the internet manager when you board.

On the Grand Princess around South America, there were three legs. Some booked it as one cruise some did it as three. All got the internet aallocation for each of the three legs. This may have just been self defense on the part of the internet manager. There were nearly 1000 Elites and about the same number of Platinums on the ship. Imagine if they all went to complain

You may want to check with the internet manager when you board.

Actually, there were 1040 Elites. Sounds like the IRS. :D

Bummer. I'm staying home, then. Actually, Mrs. pablo was

so disappointed by our last two princess cruises, that she insists

on a break.

You need to take Mrs. Pablo on a cruise with an exciting itinerary. That might pique her interest.

We had booked a couple B2B as one cruise and did not know about getting two credits until reading about it here on CC. On our last cruise we talked to the cap circle rep and got the 2 extra credits even though these cruises were over a year prior.

Thats one of the benefits of a site like this as Princess does not publicize this point and unless you ask, you don't get the benefit.

My experience has been that you will only get 1 Captain's Circle cruise point but other benefits such as the Internet package are treated like 2 cruises. Thus you'll get 2 of them & my remaining minutes automatically rolled over when activating the 2nd package.

Paul has posted that by contacting Captain's Circle after his cruises he's received a point for each segment of a longer cruise & I plan to try it on my upcoming b2b booked as 1 cruise.

As a retirement gift to ourselves, we plan on taking a world cruise. My TA recommends booking it as one cruise when it first opens. She says it will be less expensive that way and we will be able to have the same cabin the entire cruise. I am already Elite, so I am not too concerned with cruise credits. What I am wondering is how the internet minutes will work and if they will re-stock the mini bar? :eek:

OK, so I wasn't concerned about getting cruise credits as we generally take longer cruises now and make our Captain's Circle status based on days.

Now I'm reading there's a loyalty bonus that's based on number of cruise credits. Given that, I want to make sure I understand.

If you take a cruise with a single booking number that could have been booked as a B2B with two booking numbers, does a simple call to the Captain's Circle desk will get you two cruise credits instead of one?

OK, so I wasn't concerned about getting cruise credits as we generally take longer cruises now and make our Captain's Circle status based on days.

Now I'm reading there's a loyalty bonus that's based on number of cruise credits. Given that, I want to make sure I understand.

If you take a cruise with a single booking number that could have been booked as a B2B with two booking numbers, does a simple call to the Captain's Circle desk will get you two cruise credits instead of one?

We were successful getting this done on the ship last winter. We simply gave the CC host a list of the cruises and the dates. She could see in her system that they were two cruises with one booking number.

We'll be trying it again twice this winter, as we have one set of B2B cruises booked as a longer cruise just before the next set of B2B cruises which will be our 51st and 52nd cruises. I'm not expecting the extra $25 on that cruise where we hit 52, as it's part of a B2ab, but I'm hoping to get it on our 53rd cruise, and should, assuming the extra two cruise credits get added by the CC host on the ship.

Archived