So much for WOW SALE lol

Our next cruise is on the WOW sale. For our cabin choice, L, it is around $300 dearer for the 2 of us if we re-booked. I very much doubt that there would be that much on board credit from our cabin class to cover the extra cost.

RCI WOW Sale what is it all supposed to be about?

50% reduced deposit WOW!

Up to $200 OBC WOW!

Many cruise base prices gone up just before sale, WOW!

Yes, I found that out last year before I knew about purchasing Future Cruise Certificates whilst on-board.

Now all my bookings with RCI are with them which allows just $100 deposit per person and up to $200 on-board credit.

I also keep a running spreadsheet of prices and when I find the best, that's when I use the FCC.

REMEMBER though that any booking using the FCC has to be made via phone as they need to know the number of your FCC which then becomes your booking number.

I WON'T be transferring my FCC bookings to travel agents in the future after the fiasco I've had with the last one.:eek:

Yes, I found that out last year before I knew about purchasing Future Cruise Certificates whilst on-board.

Now all my bookings with RCI are with them which allows just $100 deposit per person and up to $200 on-board credit.

I also keep a running spreadsheet of prices and when I find the best, that's when I use the FCC.

REMEMBER though that any booking using the FCC has to be made via phone as they need to know the number of your FCC which then becomes your booking number.

I WON'T be transferring my FCC bookings to travel agents in the future after the fiasco I've had with the last one.:eek:

Causes lots of head scratching when i ask a question about a FCC on the RCI board:D

Apparently what we buy onboard are called Next Cruise certificates NCC, a future Cruise certificate FCC with RCI is a cruise credit given to cruisers when their cruise has gone pear shaped and a credit towards a future cruise.

The cruises i was looking at just happened to increase with the WOW sale by the exact same amount as OBC offered with the sale :rolleyes:

Now the NCC is only worth the deposit amount for me on those cruises :mad:

Looks like you need to use a NCC way before a WOW sale or wait to see if price drops below WOW sale.

The next cruise certificate has been replaced by the family and friends certificate and can now be passed on to anyone. It has been on the main RCI forum but cannot find much about it on the RCI website. When I purchased a Next cruise certificate on board they said you could double up and get twice the onboard credit with a WOW sale or C&A certificates. As I have since discovered you cannot use any certificate with a WOW sale and there are no C&A certificates for australian or Asian cruises.

The next cruise certificate has been replaced by the family and friends certificate and can now be passed on to anyone. It has been on the main RCI forum but cannot find much about it on the RCI website. When I purchased a Next cruise certificate on board they said you could double up and get twice the onboard credit with a WOW sale or C&A certificates. As I have since discovered you cannot use any certificate with a WOW sale and there are no C&A certificates for australian or Asian cruises.

There could be a C&A savings certificate for any cruise that isn't selling well. There was a C&A savings certificate for a Queensland cruise (later changed to a South Pacific cruise) that I booked on Rhapsody for Feb. 2014.

The onboard credit for WOW bookings is a little more generous for the same length cruise as for a Next Cruise booking - unless the latter can be combined with a balcony discount or savings certificate. I also haven't noticed price increases just before a WOW sale.

Just because someone has a Sale, does not mean the prices have to go down or change......

eg Harvey Norman is always having Sales and offering different incentives to buy.

A sale just means that they are focusing attention on the product they want to sell you..

in the case of the WOW SALE , a cruise.

Just because someone has a Sale, does not mean the prices have to go down or change......

eg Harvey Norman is always having Sales and offering different incentives to buy.

A sale just means that they are focusing attention on the product they want to sell you..

in the case of the WOW SALE , a cruise.

I agree David the word needs to have "On Sale" meaning that it is could be lower in price. But the RCI ads have "Save up to AU$1340 per person" we purchased on a WOW Sale and the cost per person has on average been lower by AU$350 per person ever since; so the interpretation by most posters is correct 'when is a sale not a sale when it is a WOW Sale' because RCI have stated that you are going to save money and in some cases you have not saved any thing.

Agree that a lower deposit does not lower the price or save you anything (unless you cancel), you still have to pay the difference only now it is a larger balance to pay.:D

Very true, but a reduced deposit is often enough to convince some people to book. I'd much rather commit $100 pp up front for a cruise than $450 pp. The balance due has to be paid eventually, but I like hanging onto my money as long as possible.

We had better get used to the prices heading north if the AUD continues to devalue. The cost of operating the cruise remains the same unless fuel increases but if our dollar goes down it has to be reflected in our cruise price. We just have to get used to increases unless the AUD firms again.

Phil :mad:

Very true, but a reduced deposit is often enough to convince some people to book. I'd much rather commit $100 pp up front for a cruise than $450 pp. The balance due has to be paid eventually, but I like hanging onto my money as long as possible.

Not sure just how many RCI cruises from AU/NZ only require $200 pp deposit that would in turn make the WOW sale deposit $100pp as you suggest?

I got my Sister In Law to buy me an extra one on her recent RCI cruise but nobody seems to know how to transfer it into another name?

I would like it in my name because i paid for it lol but how do you do it? When you call RCI they tell you the purchaser has to remain as one of the booked Pax?

She tried to buy a NCC in my name onboard the Allure and she had all my details including C&A membership number but she still had to purchase it in her name?

How do you transfer the entire NCC???

RCI dont know their Ars* from their Elbow! Carnival USA on the other hand is just so simple with everything?

Not sure just how many RCI cruises from AU/NZ only require $200 pp deposit that would in turn make the WOW sale deposit $100pp as you suggest?

I wasn't thinking specifically of Australia/NZ cruises, but I was confusing the 50% reduced deposit with the $100 pp Next Cruise deposit. However, shorter RCI cruises (9 nights or less) normally have a $250 pp deposit, so that's $125 pp during the WOW sale. A reduced deposit alone wouldn't be enough to entice me to book during the WOW sale, but that plus a generous onboard credit would.

We had better get used to the prices heading north if the AUD continues to devalue. The cost of operating the cruise remains the same unless fuel increases but if our dollar goes down it has to be reflected in our cruise price. We just have to get used to increases unless the AUD firms again.

Phil :mad:

Cruises are priced based on demand, rather than 'cost +.' They'll remain so... if sales fall drastically at a price, and they can get better prices elsewhere they just move the ship (which is how many of them got here in the first place, we started to pay more than other places).

Archived