Full Moon At Sea......

sail7seas

Tonight is the Perigee supermoon.... full moon.

It is gorgeous from my window in Boston and I'm hoping those at sea remember to take a look at the bright orange, great big moon. No place should have a better view than a ship at sea on a clear night. :)

Wherever you are, remember to take a look at it tonght. :)

We'll definitely be watching it here in Arkansas. Unfortunately, the super moon comes two weeks from our sailing on the Maasdam. We are really getting excited for this cruise. First time aboard the Maasdam, all new ports for us, and a return to Boston after spending several weeks there in 1976 before I was discharged from the U.S. Navy.

Tonight is the Perigee supermoon.... full moon.

It is gorgeous from my window in Boston and I'm hoping those at sea remember to take a look at the bright orange, great big moon. No place should have a better view than a ship at sea on a clear night. :)

Wherever you are, remember to take a look at it tonght. :)

You inspired me to check the full moon schedule for my upcoming Noordam cruise this coming Nov. I am very happy there will be a full moon on Nov 17th, which is the second night of the cruise:)

Ellen

Meds have kicked in and I cannot last much longer before the bed calls my name. Can someone take photos for me, and others in the same position of not being able to stay awake long enough to see it first hand??

Please??

Joanie

You inspired me to check the full moon schedule for my upcoming Noordam cruise this coming Nov. I am very happy there will be a full moon on Nov 17th, which is the second night of the cruise:)

Ellen

This is not a 'usual' full moon tonight.

It is what is called a 'supermoon' and is 14% larger than a normal full moon. The moon is something like 17,000 miles closer to earth than usual.

Joanie..... I'd be delighted to take a photo for you but I don't have a clue how to post photos.

I'm happy I saw the moon earlier as it was very orange. As it rose higher in the sky, the orange faded to white but is still vividly bright.

Sail, just last night I said to Tom wish we were on a cruise it would be neat to see this full moon out at Sea. Living in Vegas we often see very few stars because of al the lights of Vegas. We live several miles from the strip but it still is not the same as being away from any lights. Viewing the Moon is a little bit the same way but I suspect when it gets darker we will have the chance to see it. It is actually still quite light out yet. Looking forward to seeing it :)

It's a beautiful night here in Nova Scotia and the moon is very bright and seems larger.

It was over cast all afternoon and now allthe stars are twinkling as well and not a cloud in the sky.

Have a great summer all, be it on a cruise or tending your gardens or sipping a "pick me up" of some kind.

Helen

We'll definitely be watching it here in Arkansas. Unfortunately, the super moon comes two weeks from our sailing on the Maasdam. We are really getting excited for this cruise. First time aboard the Maasdam, all new ports for us, and a return to Boston after spending several weeks there in 1976 before I was discharged from the U.S. Navy.

OMG we are neighbors and I am also watching the Moon in Fort Smith . How Funny .

Thanks for your post, it's 5.50 pm Sunday here, as I walked along our hallway saw the beautiful big orange moon rising , called DH to look.

Have been outside to view the moon, feels like we will be having a good frost tonight.

Archived