Summit Concierge or regular balcony

Boatingmom

Is there any difference in the size of cabin between a concierge and a regular verandah? I'm looking at mid ship connecting cabins and could save about $500.00.Anybody think Concierge is worth it? Pros and cons please. What do you really use the concierge for especially with 2 teens?

Is there any difference in the size of cabin between a concierge and a regular verandah? I'm looking at mid ship connecting cabins and could save about $500.00.Anybody think Concierge is worth it? Pros and cons please. What do you really use the concierge for especially with 2 teens?

Some folks do CC to get the extra cruise credit or they like the cabin

location better. The one thing I like is the towels but for 500.00?

I sail solo and that is ALOT of money to me.....I would book the

regular balcony:)

CC cabins are a bit larger. A CC cabin will earn you an extra point but you have to determine if $500 can be spent on accommodations or specialty restaurants or excursions.

What ship are you looking for. On the S class ships there is really no difference from balcony in terms of size. On M class ships some of the Concierge cabins can be larger as well as the balconies.

What ship are you looking for. On the S class ships there is really no difference from balcony in terms of size. On M class ships some of the Concierge cabins can be larger as well as the balconies.

Hi Don, good morning...title of thread:D...they are sailing on SUMMIT;)

We would prefer the Conceirge Cabin on the Summit for the increased size of the cabin and the balcony, the better location, the extra cruise point and the amenities such as they are but not for $500. If the timing made sense I'd book a balcony and keep watching for a price drop.

Thanks for all the responses. We are traveling with a 17 and 15 year old. And I don't really want to be tripping over each other. When they were little we booked junior suite and mini suite all in the same cabin. Once we did connecting balcony to an inside (horrible it was Carnival). That was way too small and we lost the sofa. We will be traveling with another family who wouldn't get boarding preference. Booked Deck 8 C2 midship. may still switch.:confused:

Thanks for all the responses. We are traveling with a 17 and 15 year old. And I don't really want to be tripping over each other. When they were little we booked junior suite and mini suite all in the same cabin. Once we did connecting balcony to an inside (horrible it was Carnival). That was way too small and we lost the sofa. We will be traveling with another family who wouldn't get boarding preference. Booked Deck 8 C2 midship. may still switch.:confused:

Do not let that 'boarding preference' stop you from anything! It means nothing at all. There is just a separate line for CC, but it may well have more people in it than the regular line.

Seriously, other than the size difference, the 'perks' are mostly just hype. But if you will have 4 in the cabin that 15% is significant!!

Concierge Cabins are a tiny bit larger and come with some nice amenities but I feel they are overpriced. The Sky Suitees are a better value to me.

The Sky Suites are often 150% of the cost of a veranda if not more, so I'm not sure I'd call them a great value. Obviously they have people interested in them, though!

We would prefer the Conceirge Cabin on the Summit for the increased size of the cabin and the balcony, the better location, the extra cruise point and the amenities such as they are but not for $500. If the timing made sense I'd book a balcony and keep watching for a price drop.

I agree with this poster. We were in CC on the Summit and enjoyed the larger cabin and balcony, as well as some of the amenities - but not worth $500. Book a standard balcony and upgrade when the price for the CC drops.

For us, the primary decision point is room location. We sometimes end up booking CC because the only available balconies have public areas above or below them. After a couple of noise issues on cruises, having only staterooms above and below us has become the most important deciding factor. I'd pay $500 for peace and quiet but not for a few more square feet of space.

For us, the primary decision point is room location. We sometimes end up booking CC because the only available balconies have public areas above or below them. After a couple of noise issues on cruises, having only staterooms above and below us has become the most important deciding factor. I'd pay $500 for peace and quiet but not for a few more square feet of space.

Amen!!!! This is one our most important criteria!!!

We were in CC cabin in the Summit. Aft facing cabin. Balcony was huge. Very deep. We had a table and chairs for eatting and then loungers at the front of the cabin

Those are fabulous cabins!!! We have enjoyed them many times and they are wonderful for lots of reasons!!!!

Just had CC on Constellation, and don't think it was worth it. Rather than booking CC again, I would do Aqua Class. However, if you have 2 teenage boys, then that might not be an option for you since you're limited to 2 in a cabin in AQ. Also, concierge class does not mean that you have a separate concierge!

So they do allow 4 in a Concierge cabin on M class? I've been looking at Infinity and all the CCs show only for 2/3 persons. I've asked this on another thread because when we sailed Constellation, our steward advised us that we'd have been better in a CC as they were slightly larger. However, all the deck plans show they cannot accommodate 4 :confused:.

No 3rd passenger. Connecting CC cabins 2 per cabin. About $125 per person more for total cruise bill for ME. Breaks down to $250 per cabin. Summit is M class right? I'd get 15% extra room and midship deck 8 connecting cabins during spring break. Throw in sparkling wine, fruit, gross canapés and cheap binoculars. Do I have it right?? Also can I switch the sparkling wine for a nice cabernet??:rolleyes:

Archived