Any tricks to earn Cruise Credits?

However, as has mentioned here many times, you can only get spending credits up to one for each day of the cruise. So a 10 day cruise could be a max of 30 credits. 10 for the cruise, 10 if in a suite, and 10 for spending, which would be $3000 spending, or $300 per credit.

The only "trick" is pulling it off. Book often, preferably in suites for the double days, and once on board, spend like crazy. ;)

Buy wine & soda on board (don't bring it with you)

Eat at the Pinnacle Grill every day for lunch and dinner

Lots of spa/hair salon treatments plus thermal suite pass

Go to lots of fee-based cooking and spa classes

Play Bingo

Go on HAL shore excursions, the more expensive ones

Buy lots of stuff in the on board stores

Don't remove the HSC

However, as has mentioned here many times, you can only get spending credits up to one for each day of the cruise. So a 10 day cruise could be a max of 30 credits. 10 for the cruise, 10 if in a suite, and 10 for spending, which would be $3000 spending, or $300 per credit.

That's right. :)

I don't think anyone yet has come up with a scheme to get days other than legitimately. :)

We have heard that HAL is sometimes generous with rounding up. If someone spends $280, they might credit the spending as $300 so you earn a day.

I'm pretty sure a cash advance is not considered "spending". Tips on your account are.

ok so this raises a question - as far as I know I can raise the hsc but it goes to everyone - so if I want to give extra to special people, can only be done in cash correct? anyone found a way to do it with hsc?

ok so this raises a question - as far as I know I can raise the hsc but it goes to everyone - so if I want to give extra to special people, can only be done in cash correct? anyone found a way to do it with hsc?

To the best of my knowledge you can't target a specific person, or a group/sub-group like MDR staff, with the HSC. I guess you could increase it across the board and that would add to your on-board spending. I can't see any reasonable or easy way to get credit for out-of-hand tipping and would go as far as to say it can't be done.

On the S class ships, the verandas are considered suites. You get double points for those verandas. We are close to 4 star so have booked are last cruises on S class ships. We like them better anyway.

I'm quite sure that's right. I did that on the Zaandam where I was involuntarily placed in open dining and didn't have a set waiter to tip, but the only way I could give extra to the room steward was in cash. Crystal used to allow that before they became all inclusive and I wish HAL would follow suit.

Roy

Any tricks to earn Cruise Credits?

Don't remove your hotel charges (gratuities) as they count.

We still wouldn't take HAL excursions just to get the credits. I put together 12 days of private touring on our last HAL cruise. Better itineraries and smaller groups, and just happened to cost less.

I don't think anyone yet has come up with a scheme to get days other than legitimately. :)

We have heard that HAL is sometimes generous with rounding up. If someone spends $280, they might credit the spending as $300 so you earn a day.

Oh there was one poster that said he booked and cancelled as shorex and still got the credit. I can't remember the details. Karma will come back and bite people like that ( I hope ).

When we were informed that as 5 star Mariners that we would be getting free Pinnacle dinners, we cancelled the ones that we had pre-booked.

Those cancelled bookings did NOT count our total spending for our cruise.

When we get home -- I always check and add up all our spending on the ship and pre-booking expenses.

When we were informed that as 5 star Mariners that we would be getting free Pinnacle dinners, we cancelled the ones that we had pre-booked.

Those cancelled bookings did NOT count our total spending for our cruise.

When we get home -- I always check and add up all our spending on the ship and pre-booking expenses.

I think this person cancelled really close to the sailing. He was bragging how he got away with it.

Hhhhhmm we could have a max of 42 next cruise. I am not sure I will get to $4200 in spending?? $2000 I know we will get to but $4200 might be a little much. We have too many shore excursions booked independently.

Hhhhhmm we could have a max of 42 next cruise. I am not sure I will get to $4200 in spending?? $2000 I know we will get to but $4200 might be a little much. We have too many shore excursions booked independently.

Never say never - I do all my tours (generally speaking) privately and don't do HAL tours. That being said I walked off our cruise of 31 days with 17 credits. That's one scary thought!:D

Oh there was one poster that said he booked and cancelled as shorex and still got the credit. I can't remember the details. Karma will come back and bite people like that ( I hope ).

I think this person cancelled really close to the sailing. He was bragging how he got away with it.

Maybe he got lucky and it slid under the radar ......

or maybe not? ;) :rolleyes:

Can't believe every little thing we read all the time. :D

Never say never - I do all my tours (generally speaking) privately and don't do HAL tours. That being said I walked off our cruise of 31 days with 17 credits. That's one scary thought!:D

There were a few tours that were less expensive going with HAL. All with same companies so made no sense for me To not get credit days.

I'm just going with the kids and no DH. :eek::eek::eek: if I get to 42 cruise credit days. My bargain cruisetour will no longer exist.

Well I guess it no longer exists anyways after $3-4000 of shore excursions and Neptune suite upgrade, fairmont precruise. Sorry kids no inheritance for you we are spending it now together!!

I'm fulfilling Hollands plan of just get them onboard with the last minute bargains

On several of our cruises We have ended up with more cruise days than expected....not complaining!:) I do think that HAL rounds up.

Karen

Archived