Things that can spoil your cruise vacation.

drfun48

Just got back from my cruise & I have several complaints:-

The waiters would bring me a gluten free desert every evening & gluten free bread.

Butler would bring me gluten free toast in the morning & gluten free sandwiches for tea. Not only that but he would make my tea properly in a pot & pour it.

But the most annoying complaint & valid one is that my husband has refused to employ him & the stateroom attendants full time. I'm sure you will all feel the same outrage on my behalf.

Just got back from my cruise & I have several complaints:-

The waiters would bring me a gluten free desert every evening & gluten free bread.

Butler would bring me gluten free toast in the morning & gluten free sandwiches for tea. Not only that but he would make my tea properly in a pot & pour it.

But the most annoying complaint & valid one is that my husband has refused to employ him & the stateroom attendants full time. I'm sure you will all feel the same outrage on my behalf.

Awwww! Poor thing.....

I hate to be the bearer of more bad news but there has been a serious decline in the "Award Winning" Wine service as well. When the Sommelier opened a new bottle of wine for us he actually expected ME to taste it! :eek: The poor lad appears to have been stripped of his tasting cup by corporate cut backs. :( I guess I will be forced to endure the risky consumption of more wine. :D

Edited by still-learning

While on the subject, why are we assigned to a specific Mustard Station.

I know, it really sucks because sometimes you're in the mood for a hearty stone ground or a sweet honey type or a spicy German or some Grey Poupon and if you're in the mood for one particular type and you're assigned to another...then you have to eat your pretzels naked, which makes you thirsty, which then causes you to go to the bar for another drink, which, when I think about it, isn't a bad thing. :rolleyes:

"have to eat your pretzels naked" :eek:

Sometimes you know your nuts and sometimes you know you're nuts! :D

Here's one of mine.

Has everyone noticed that pepper shakers in the MDR have been replaced by small pepper mills ? Do they now expect us to grind our own pepper ? Just another sign of the decline of service.

Grinding pepper is a pleasure depending on the variety of peppercorns.

We've been on two cruises that were spoiled.

One because it was a convention of car part salespeople from Spain and cigars were smoked everywhere on the ship (Costa).

Another was due to a hurricane which made it necessary to stay indoors with all outside access barred. Smoke filled the ship due to the policy of allowing smokers to puff at every barstool on the ship (Holland).

The rough seas, missed ports, and seasickness were bad enough but the smoke was the worst to spoil the cruise.

We can only hope times have changed.

Penny

I've just had an email to tell me my edocs are ready - what??

Why is there not a butler knocking on my door with a gold envelope with then already pre printed. While he is here, he could put my luggage tags on and pack my bags. Do I really need to do this for myself?

A serious decline of service

I've just had an email to tell me my edocs are ready - what??

Why is there not a butler knocking on my door with a gold envelope with then already pre printed. While he is here, he could put my luggage tags on and pack my bags. Do I really need to do this for myself?

A serious decline of service

At least you don't have to clean the cabin. Sorry about the edocs. It was fun to get a package in the mail from the cruise lines.

Penny

Grinding pepper is a pleasure depending on the variety of peppercorns.

We've been on two cruises that were spoiled.

One because it was a convention of car part salespeople from Spain and cigars were smoked everywhere on the ship (Costa).

Another was due to a hurricane which made it necessary to stay indoors with all outside access barred. Smoke filled the ship due to the policy of allowing smokers to puff at every barstool on the ship (Holland).

The rough seas, missed ports, and seasickness were bad enough but the smoke was the worst to spoil the cruise.

We can only hope times have changed.

Penny

At least you don't have to clean the cabin. Sorry about the edocs. It was fun to get a package in the mail from the cruise lines.

Penny

A Penny tarnished an otherwise humorous thread... :rolleyes:

Edited by still-learning

Sheesh....... Modern Luxury indeed?

I keep my sarongs, shorts and t shirts in the top cupboard over the bed. Every night before bed, I have to climb up there, after a night at the Martini Bar, :eek: to get my OWN matching shorts and t shirt ready for a port day, pack my OWN port bag and finally, after all that stress, try to get a night's sleep before a busy day ashore!

:rolleyes:

How dare you --------this made me laugh out loud as it is EXACTLY me !!!:):D:D

Is anyone else fed up of being told to "Stand clear of the doors please" on the lifts? Surely the doors should move away from us --- or, if nothing else, tell us in an English accent !!!:eek::(

I sent a polite letter to the Master asking to steer the boat in open seas, but I was told some nonsense about maritime and corporate law and liability... Pfft, I'll remember that if he ever visits me and wants to steer my boat!

Imagine the audacity of the Sommelier in Blu when we had the beverage package. He just ASSUMED we would like more wine so he continually topped up our glass during dinner. He even had the nerve to ask us what we would be eating to try and match the wine to the food. :p

:d:d

:d

I have no idea what happened here.....clearly I need someone to show me how to use the "smiley faces". It would be nice if instructions were issued for those of us who were not part of the "smiley faces" generation.:o

I have no idea what happened here.....clearly I need someone to show me how to use the "smiley faces". It would be nice if instructions were issued for those of us who were not part of the "smiley faces" generation.:o

It should be a : followed by a D. :D