Things that can spoil your cruise vacation.

drfun48

The Sunset Bar only has a sunset each day for around 1/2 an hour tops.

One evening, we couldn't even SEE the sunset from the Sunset Bar. We were heading west, and the sky behind us just got darker and darker, but no sun to be seen! :mad:

I know I'm coming to this party late but here is my peeve..

I grew up thinking that mustard grew in the fields, then I get on the boat and they tell me we can't leave until we drill for it?? :confused: And really.. who discovered this underwater supply of mustard?? And who has the rights? I've priced it out in the stores, someone is making a couple of $$ from this venture for sure! Maybe the Captain is taking his cut off the top perhaps?? :confused: And how come this mustard is only found in ports? :confused: I'm so confused! :confused:

Gig103, just wondering, in order to avoid wrinkles, do you roll him or fold him wrapped in tissue paper?

Hah! :D

The tissue paper was a nightmare to clean up, so now we let him get wrinkled and have him pressed on the ship. Not to hurt his feelings though we tell him it's a hot stone massage :p

I know I'm coming to this party late but here is my peeve..

I grew up thinking that mustard grew in the fields, then I get on the boat and they tell me we can't leave until we drill for it?? :confused: And really.. who discovered this underwater supply of mustard?? And who has the rights? I've priced it out in the stores, someone is making a couple of $$ from this venture for sure! Maybe the Captain is taking his cut off the top perhaps?? :confused: And how come this mustard is only found in ports? :confused: I'm so confused! :confused:

Stewart owns the rights and has first go on the mustard drill - it makes up for those who do not tip him! :rolleyes:

That's okay. I wanted to be a friend of Bill's until I found out he doesn't drink anymore. Then I tried to find Dorothy and the staff kept telling me she was somewhere over the rainbow.

I've been reading through this thread but this did make me laugh out loud!:D

I want to be Dorothy on my next cruise so I can have droves of handsome men around that adore me, take me dancing all night, and then help me shop for dresses and jewelry in port!!

Didn't you know that the good looking men are all taken or friends of Dorothy?

Here's the topper,if your wife,husband,or significant other dies during the cruise,there is no pro-rated refund for days and meals missed and the automatic tipping is still charged the full amount. Cold and heartless I say.

But the upside is that as the freezers get full, they have to serve more ice cream

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

Stewart owns the rights and has first go on the mustard drill - it makes up for those who do not tip him! :rolleyes:

In addition to Dorothy, there is another girl who is more infamous than popular. Her name is Nora Virus, and she cruises a few times a year. I've never met her, but nobody ever has anything nice to say about her. Maybe she has a cold personality.

In addition to Dorothy, there is another girl who is more infamous than popular. Her name is Nora Virus, and she cruises a few times a year. I've never met her, but nobody ever has anything nice to say about her. Maybe she has a cold personality.

Fellow CC members encountered Nora on a cruise last winter and said she had such poor hygiene habits it made them sick! :eek:

No, I demand freshly ground pepper. I just don't expect to have to do it myself after a hard day at the beach or lifting numerous martini glasses ,tiring my wrists. I want to have my waiter or assistant haul one of those six foot mills to my table and do his job.

I think you have ALL missed the point of this thread...

If we are forced to grind our own pepper we risk a serious wrist injury that would prohibit us getting our money's worth out of the free drink package!

:D :D :D

If we are forced to grind our own pepper we risk a serious wrist injury that would prohibit us getting our money's worth out of the free drink package!

Looking at it from another angle....if we grind our own pepper it builds up muscles in our wrists, which would then allow us to do more 12 oz curls or 1.5 oz curls when we do shots.;) And if by some chance we improperly grind our pepper resulting in a sprained wrist that would not allow us to properly imbibe in those 12 and 1.5 oz curls, then our significant other can do the lifting for us and raise the bottles and shots to our lips. Afterall, they are there to service us, right.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have you not heard of straws - suck it up and be happy :D (RSI or no RSI)...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Couple of things deeply upset us.

The cruise didnt start well. It was suggested we arrive at 2pm to board in Southampton (the cheek). Well we havent booked a 14 day cruise to miss out on lunch on day 1, so we turned up at 11. To my horror many other people had done the same, and the queues were terrible. Well it took us at least 40 mins to park our car, go through security, check in and get on board with all the queuing, pathetic. Celebrity really need to sort this out. A professional cruise line should be able to deal with checking in 2000 people even if they all turn up at the same time.

The Muster Drill was a nightmare. modern Luxury I think not. Wouldn't it be easier to just have it available as a Video on Demand on the TV and if we need it, then we watch it.

The balcony cabins are a joke. Celebrity really messed us about - week 1 on our Med Cruise , every morning we got glorious sunshine first thing on our balcony, then week 2 I don't know what they did but it stopped and we had to sail all the way back to Southamton not getting any sun on the balcony until later in the day, that's not what we paid for.- what are Celebrity playing at? I was so furious I cancelled the cabin gratuities. Cunard managed to get this right on a 7 day TA so why cant Celebrity on a 14 day cruise?

Another thing we found infuriating was the general chumminess of the staff. Too smiley and friendly by half. we generally prefer staff to be seen and not heard and if they can avoid eye contact all the better. It is really most unnerving feeling that someone is watching you waiting for you to finish your meal so they can remove your plate. This is not what I call good service. My good lady wife even went as far as to say she found the service creepy. She said at times it felt as though they were trying to "anticipate" our needs. This was so not what we expected we cancelled the tips.

The MDR was a joke - for 14 days we had a completely different menu each night with a bewildering choice of about 30 items. Who goes on holiday to eat foreign muck like S Cargo?? Who in their right mind would eat Steak in tartar sauce?? Not once did I see old English favourites like tripe or dripping or angel delight. I asked one night if cook could rustle us, a traditional English mixed grill (sausage, eggs, bacon, black pudding, rump steak, baked beans, chips, gammon and peas), well the look I got!! Outrageous. If my local pub can do this why not Celebrity? I hope the Gastropub will be able to.

Also is it really asking too much to be want to be addressed by name by all staff? The only person who managed to do this was a cabin steward. If a little guest house in Blackpool can remember our names, I find it amazing that Celebrity can't.

I like to be up early on my holidays and reserve several sun loungers at different locations so I can take my pick later in the day and move if The whim takes me, I also like to block out a couple of sunloungers either side, so as not to spoil the view and give me a bit of elbow space. Outrageously, on several occasions a servant had the audacity to leave a card suggesting this was not allowed. This is not modern Luxury!

By the way i'm a future elite.

Edited by DYKWIA

DYKWIA if anyone is worthy of Elite it is you, I think you should contact the head office. If after hearing your experience they don't instantly upgrade you to Elite Zenith Alpha Plus, I think its clear then they aren't worthy of the title Mödêrn Lùxúry

I am a realist. Not everything is perfect. Not everyone likes the same thing. You seem to be very unhappy with Celebrity. Perhaps Celebrity is not for you. Most people who cruise on Celebrity have a good time. Many return. Some do not. There are a lot of different options for cruises. As I stated a few years ago, I still enjoy Celebrity cruises. I still miss some things. Whatever you do for your next vacation, relax and enjoy.