pregnant

Hundreds of thousands of pregnant women have sailed safely and successfully for years.

Assuming you have permission from your doctor and are not at high risk, it is fine to sail BUT you MUST carefully read the guidelines each cruise line sets out for pregnant women to sail.

They delineate very definitely exactly how far in your pregnancy you can be to board and they mean it to the day. You will be required to submit a letter from your doctor stating it is safe for you and baby to sail, exactly the number of weeks into your pregnancy. The cruise lines do not give one day leeway. You must be within their guideline on the date scheduled to disembark or they will refuse to allow you to board.

Follow your doctor's advice and you should do fine.

My best wishes for a good pregnancy.

You can't have entered your 24th week in order to cruise. You may be asked for a letter from your doctor stating you're fit to cruise and how far along you are. If you don't have this letter, they could refuse you boarding.

Happy cruising.

I am not pregnant yet. But was just wondering what to do if it happens between the feb cruise and the august 2014 cruise.. yes i want more, but would like to wait until after both cruises

Why not use the cruise to - you know - bring home a little souvenir?;)

Archived