Silver Cloud (17 July- 4 Aug, London, Scotland, Iceland, Ireland, England

WesW

Please enjoy some more pix of the Eden Project. In the first few pix taken in the Rain Forrest Dome, we experienced very humid conditions amid sounds/sights of gushing waterfalls—plants bloomed everywhere and beautiful exotic flora abounds representing countries such as Amazon, West Africa to Malaysia.

foweyday038_zps9081f36d.jpg

foweyday045_zps5eb5fabd.jpg

foweyday095_zps2daec047.jpg

The second bio dome at the Eden Project in Fowey, England (Cornwall) we visited was the Mediterranean Dome; here we experienced the climates and plants indigenous from such diverse desert climate countries like South Africa to California. Especially enjoyed the wine display

foweyday180_zps18eea9f0.jpg

foweyday208_zpsd555b055.jpg

foweyday211_zpsaea1e270.jpg

foweyday292_zps25301a09.jpg

foweyday210_zpsd8b932ea.jpg

foweyday296_zps8a4a50e4.jpg

Rally/Mike & Mary; RachelG/Rachel & George, Delialh21, Goofyisme, Elsie, OrpingtonT, All; Thank you

Good morning from a wonderfully sunny day at sea as we sail to our port of disembarkation, London Tower Bridge (we arrive about 1:30am Sunday) and Ida and I disembark with a few dozen others needing to avoid the Big Race (bike) traffic at 3:30am for our trip to Heathrow.

Rally, absolutely will pass y’alls message to Jorge. Rachel/Elsie—Ida says thanks for the dress (&shoe) compliments. TxLadycruiser got her beautiful dress worn last night at a Fowel dress shop (pix below) Deliiah21—did pass your warm regards to Carl—big smile from Carl. Goofyisme: getting a haircut next week  Thanks Tom--our pleasure.

Please enjoy some gorgeous pix taken from last afternoon jog at our last port (thinkAlmafi coast) Fowey, England (Cornwall). Beautiful sunny day brought many, many Fowey Families, teenagers out to the Ready Money beach (pix below).

010_zpsed4b2ac0.jpg

014_zps004e20c4.jpg

024_zpsef5a2a97.jpg

028_zps01d856e3.jpg

039_zpsb54282f0.jpg

041_zpsb7f7e6d2.jpg

044_zpsf29cf538.jpg

048_zpse9444432.jpg

Met a delightful Fowey couple out walking their mini doxie, asked If I could take their pix…they said yes but after I told them we have 3 long haired and showed them a pix, they wanted me to hold Rue and take my pix.

050_zps64fd18be.jpg

057_zpsea10d491.jpg

058_zps76ee713a.jpg

Thanks again for all the great pictures, Wes. Be glad that you are disembarking so early - walking around London yesterday was an absolute madhouse, as they began putting up the barriers and closing down streets for the races.

Safe trip home and I am looking forward to the pictures on your next Silversea voyage.

Michele

Wes & Ida,

Thanks for all the great photos etc. We live just outside London in the Thames Estuary and I'm tracking the ship at the moment. We may be able to see you sail past a bit later today. If we do manage to get a photo, I will post it here for you.

We are looking forward to sailing on Silver Whisper in Nov from Barbados.

Have a great and safe trip home.

Tina :)

RosseauGirl/Michele, Keith1010/Keith & Anne Marie, bsrKent/Steve & Barb, Roborab/Tina, All; Y’all are very welcome--our sincere joy to share these delightful port visits in pix/words with you.

Michele, we are happy we are taking Silversea Cloud transport to Heathrow vs the car service we canceled with the Bike Race congestion in mind. The London Tower Bridge port authorities will only allow us the Cloud to disembark pax before 4a.m and after 9a.m due to the Bike Race road closures/race.

Steve & Barb, we look forward to sailing/crossing with y’all again on the Spirit in early November—r, y’all game for another special Indian, and/or Asian dinner?

Tina, look forward to your Cloud pix. You will enjoy sailing on the Whisper (our fav SS ship (hardware) to cruise on. However, we have come to enjoy the Cloud--especially for special hard to get/dock (larger ships (greater than 300 pax) itineraries.

Silversea Cloud Crewmember profile.

Jaimearnel003_zpsff9587a4.jpg

Today, please meet Jaime, a member of the Housekeeping staff. He hails from the Philippines and is now on his third year working on the Silver Cloud. Jaime has served on the Whisper as well as the Cloud. Jaime is single and looks forward to seeing his family (mother and brothers (2) and sisters (4)) when he gets a chance to return home to the Philippines. Jaime’s primary duties as a member of the housekeeping staff are; cleaning staff cabins, cleaning the crew areas (e.g. crew deck hallways, crew bar). Jaime also picks up the laundry from the crew cabins and makes sure the crew laundry gets to the Cloud laundry team for cleaning. Jaime’s biggest challenge when working is when the Housekeeping team gets a new Housekeeping supervisor. What Jaime loves most about serving with Silversea and serving on board the Silver Cloud are: “crew food is good, there is a big difference working on a small ship (290 pax) vs a large ship, because you get to know well all the Cloud crew. Jaime has found the Cloud Crew to be more personal than on larger ships he has served on. Jaime is doing an outstanding job for the Silver Cloud. Pls see pix below taken at our farewell in the Venetian lounge last night. The Silver Cloud’s Captain, Capt. Luigi is presenting Jaime the most outstanding crew member award for July.

farewell018_zps1dcffbce.jpg

ps..forgot to load the pix of the excursion Txladycruiser (Karen & Wayne) took yesterday...Wayne's words for their jaunt to the Fowey Dress shop that Karen bought her beautiful formal dress yesterday.

063_zpsaff6d880.jpg

Thanks again Wes for posting the second half of the voyage for us who got off in Reykjavik. I've been back to work for three days now and already it seems like our cruise was another lifetime. It was by far the best sailing we ever had and Silversea has jumped up to the top of our favourite lines - despite the badmouthing here on CC amongst some circles. I was telling my co-workers that we need an Alfonso making our afternoon drinks for us. Not too sure my bosses would want to see me having a rum punch on my desk though.:D

The biodomes look really interesting and I got to check them out if I am ever in Cornwall, England.

Enjoy your arrival into London tonight. Too bad the arrival time is 1:30 am but I am sure many will still be up just to see it. Sad to see that this particular voyage is coming to an end.

David

Already looking at where I can next go on Silversea.

Thanks again Wes for posting the second half of the voyage for us who got off in Reykjavik. I've been back to work for three days now and already it seems like our cruise was another lifetime. It was by far the best sailing we ever had and Silversea has jumped up to the top of our favourite lines - despite the badmouthing here on CC amongst some circles. I was telling my co-workers that we need an Alfonso making our afternoon drinks for us. Not too sure my bosses would want to see me having a rum punch on my desk though.:D

The biodomes look really interesting and I got to check them out if I am ever in Cornwall, England.

Enjoy your arrival into London tonight. Too bad the arrival time is 1:30 am but I am sure many will still be up just to see it. Sad to see that this particular voyage is coming to an end.

David

Already looking at where I can next go on Silversea.

Thanks for your positive post. So glad you had a wonderful cruise.

And certainly, the only cure for the post cruise blues is to book another one as soon as possible !

This port by port experience has been just wonderful. The photos are terrific, the commentary brief and gave us an atmospheric tour. I nominate Ida as the best sport in CC history..always smiling, totally natural whether wet, wind blown, or posing in beautiful evening wear. Both she and Col Wes radiate joy and there's nothing in the world more attractive!

We board the Whisper in Sept for a TA and we'll be visiting many of the same ports. I now have some interesting new ideas...starting with the Hop on/off Bus in Dublin. This will be our third visit there so to be able to cherry pick our stops will be wonderful.

Thank you..we've had an outstanding cruise "with you"!

Wes, greatly enjoyed the posts and pictures, as always. Look forward to our next get together on the Spirit in three months. Can't wait to see what the Blarney Stone has done to your Army gift of gab! Hope you and Ida have a safe and happy return home! :)

Dieter

Herman The Cat/Herman, Bramcruiser/David & Richard, Spinnaker2, Nigella, Cruising Pashima, Mr. Luxury/John, Wellseasoned/Dieter & Debbie all; Your very welcome.

Herman, the Artists of Silversea now on board (came on board with us July 17th) are; Baratone High Tenor Dustin Cunningham,Tenor James Francis,Tenor Jason McClain, Soprano Mica ,Dominguez-Robinson, Soprano Courtney Cunningham, Soprano Katie MCConaughy

David, Yes, the Eden Project is a bucket list must do—esp. since (believe) Richard and you live within hours of Cornwall. Yes, plan to be awake when we sail down the Thames twds London Tower Bridge, we can get our passports after 2a.m.

Nigella, +1 (agree)

Cruising Pashmina, thank you blushing.

John: thank you.

Dieter..Ida and can't wait to sail with Debbie again...we'll put you on the Spirit Anchor in November :)

Wonderful last evening dinner with TxLadycruiser/Karen & Wayne in hot rocks (retired my camera..sorry no pix)..on return to our suite...Meghan (one of our SS crew profile members was at our suite to wish us well)

Thank you all for following Ida and I on this fabulous Silver Cloud voyage.

Next post from Heathrow.

Hi Guys,

We jumped on our cycles at 9.45 and arrived on our local seafront about 5 mins later. You were just sailing past Southend Pier with all your lights a-blaze. Seeing The Cloud bought back great memories of when all 3 ships sailed into Corfu last year (we were on Silver Spirit). Wind, Sprit & Cloud, a historic moment for Silversea.:)

Sorry we couldn't get a photo as it was very dark.

Have a safe trip back home.

Best Regards,

Tina & Steve from "Sunny Southend-on-Sea"

Archived