Silver Cloud (17 July- 4 Aug, London, Scotland, Iceland, Ireland, England

WesW

Wonderful sunny morning in Belfast. TxLadycruiser/Karen & Wayne, Ida and I did a nice 360 degree tour of Belfast with the Cloud excursion team, then we spent two hours at the Titantic musueum. Now off for Shuttle

to mid town Belfast, will post pix later. Tho, we had our first 90 min of rain :)

Please enjoy pix taken on our Belfast and Titanic excursion taken this morning:

Belfast City Hall:

belfastaft001_zps8417b2de.jpg

Grand Opera House:

belfastaft003_zpseecfbcfb.jpg

Barkeep at Crown Liquor Saloon serving me a Pint of Guinness:

belfastaft004_zpsc4ba8bf2.jpg

belfastaft007_zps87d7f0fe.jpg

Enjoying a Pint at Crown Liquor Saloon:

belfastaft005_zps27ad4875.jpg

belfastaft008_zps09b33207.jpg

Pix taken in Belfast during afternoon jog (beginning with City Hall then inside the Belfast City Hall):

belfastaft012_zps501e1840.jpg

belfastaft015_zps25f9c9cd.jpg

belfastaft014_zpscc23ec23.jpg

belfastaft017_zps2491b239.jpg

Pix taken tonight at pre dinner cocktails in the Panorama Lounge: (LtoR; Ida, Wayne, Karen, Wes, Joe_90 (visiting the Cloud from Belfast):

belfastnite004_zps15dc2764.jpg

TxLadyCruiser , Ida and I ate again at La Terraza tonight, we special ordered Spaghetti Carbonara with Chef Rudy. Outstanding meal in LT (our third time); pix of Rudy’s special Spaghetti C:

belfastnite006_zpsbf8817e9.jpg

Thanks Threechicks/Elsie, pass on to Ida your shoe compliment.

Pls enjoy some more pix taken from yesterday’s Belfast tour and visit to the Titanic Museum

belfastam010-Copy_zps549e84f0.jpg

belfastam017-Copy_zpsd6926a17.jpg

View of the Parliament building, in foreground is statute of Edward Carlson, the founding father of Northern Ireland:

belfastam110-Copy_zps78c41dec.jpg

View of the beautiful Belfast rolling hills taken from in front of the Parliament building:

belfastam106-Copy_zps32022d79.jpg

Pix of us taking from this view taken by TxLadycruiser/Karen (thanks Karen)

belfastam107_zpsb670c39d.jpg

Pls enjoy some pix from our visit to the Titanic Museum in Belfast yesterday:

Flat screen TV letting our group know we are visiting the Museum on the One Millionth Visitor Day. Celebrations during our tour included live music (instrumentalist ala those playing on the Titantic portrayed in the movie while sinking)

belfastam025-Copy_zps98e46b0c.jpg

Ida having some fun as “King of the World” in front of Titanic Museum:

belfastam092_zps252139fe.jpg

Shipyard where Titantic was Launched, Ida in front of memorial with names of each of the ill-fated Titanic passengers.

belfastam085-Copy_zps928c6965.jpg

We sailed in to an overcast rainy Dublin this morning. The Captain made a superb 360 degree turn around in the river as we closed in on docking. Pix of rainy Dublin dock as we approach for docking. Today, Ida and I endeavor to conquer our first visit to Dublin with TxLadycruiser/Karen & Wayne. We leave in 30 minutes for the Cloud's complimentary Shuttle taking us into the heart of pub crawl country...err mean Dublin. More later..

dublinamrow003_zps2021436f.jpg

Today’s Silvesea Silver Cloud Crew Profile:

Today please meet Marlon and Rowena, a married couple on board the Cloud. Marlon and Rowena both hail from the Philippines. Marlon works flawlessly behind the scenes taking Room Service orders. Marlon’s primary duties are ensuring suite meal trays are delivered on time 24x7. Marlon’s busiest time is breakfast period with his biggest challenge coming on excursion days (e.g., when 30 or more meals are ordered at select time intervals; 7am-7:30am, 7:30-8:am). Marlon’s wife, Rowena is dual tasked taking all Food & Beverage requests made by guests, makes appointments/dining requests and tour bookings for guests. At the same time, Rowena is dual tasked serving as a Butler for a number of suites (including ours) on Deck 5. Rowena in her daily duties, ensures suite cleanliness, makes the bed in tandem with the Suite Attendant but does not clean the suite bathroom. Rowena excels in her Butler duties, she is the best butler we have had in multiple Silversea cruises—her service is intuitive 24x7.

belfastnite003_zpsc202c8ff.jpg

belfastnite001_zps94a88168.jpg

dublinamrow006_zpsf8454f9e.jpg

Once again, wonderful pictures, Wes! We are also booked on the Titanic tour in a couple of weeks, and your travelog is just making me more excited about boarding the Cloud on Sunday. Hope you enjoy your pub crawl....er, I mean Dublin :D, looking forward to seeing the pics.

Michele

More great pics. Can't wait to board the Cloud in a few weeks even though we just got off the Whisper 5 days ago!

Have either of you used the Spa and gym? Approximately how many pieces of equipment do they have? I assume there is a small jogging track on the upper deck....Thank you!

Colonel Wes, it looks as though you and your wife are enjoying your cruise as much as we all are enjoying your cruise. Thanks again for taking the time to taking us all with you. I'm looking forward to your next crossing and the photos that go along with it. Enjoy

Good Morning from the rocking & rolling, windy, rainy Atlantic as we sail in to Cobh (Cork). Cloud doors leading to outside have the “Caution Strong Winds” signs posted. Hopefully when we arrive (about 90 min) it will be nicer weather wise.

Michele, Hermanthecat/Herman, Les Picantins, All; Thank you for you kind words.

Michele, you will absolutely love the tour—one of the best we’ve taken anywhere.

Herman pls see Gym pix below; approximate number of pieces of equipment (2 bikes (recumbent, sitting), 2 ellipticals, 3 treadmills, good assortment of life fitness equipment (bench-press equivalent, flat & incline, no decline tho) robust set of dumbbells, two flat benches (adjustable for incline not decline)..hope this helps

Les Picantins; we will join over two dozen fellow CCrs and close friends (embark in Barcelona) on the Spirit’s fall crossing in just a tad over 90 days

Our visit to a truly fascinating city, Dublin Ireland. Please see Ida with George a Dublin Flower vendor and then giving a thumbs up as she notes one of Dublin's nicest shopping street's, Grafton Street. Then we (Karen, Wayne, Ida and our Hop on Hop Off (HOHO) bus driver smile as we depart for a delightful Dublin City Tour. We got off first at the Guinness Storehouse for one of the most enjoyable (hiccup) tours we've taken on any trip. During our seven hours in Dublin, it did rain more than 50% of the time as noted by the nice pix of Karen and Wayne. Also, please enjoy more pix of our day in Dublin:

dubineaft005_zps64137d3f.jpg

dubineaft014_zpsa2b6f475.jpg

dubineaft016_zpsf88e6d56.jpg

dubineaft051_zps5aa9743e.jpg

Hi Wes/Ida, thrilled you all had a great day in Dublin, despite the awful weather.

Thanks for the pix, and that Guinness moustache Wes!

Enjoy today in Cork.

Txladycruiser/Karen & Wayne thank you both. Really enjoying your Travelpod.

Regards

Sakaara

Wes, I have been enjoying all of your photos on this thread and facebook.

You all look so very happy and you are visiting great places. Continue to make memories that will last a lifetime.

I continue to applaud your photos and narratives of the crew.

Bravo.

Best to you and to Ida.

Keith

Wes, I have been enjoying all of your photos on this thread and facebook.

You all look so very happy

Keith

Apart from Wayne who does not look like a man enjoying himself in the photos.:(

I am hoping to be proved wrong when Wes gets a smiley picture of him.:)

Archived