How I was trying to cruise on MSC. A REAL story step by step in pictures & video.

cruisetrail

why are we discussing HAL ships on the msc section? furthermore presently there are be zero cases of noro on, msc, while Hal ships often are effected by noro, so the only place many passengers would see is their Bathroom.

We are not discussing HAL ships.

In the picture you see HAL Signature class ship that has very similar layout of upper deck facilities vs Divina.

Front observation deck (missing on Divina)>Forward sun deck>Central pool area>Midship superstructure with restaurant and sun deck on top of it>Funnels>Sports court>Aft pool deck.

So for upper open decks it's a good benchmark for comparison. Read: explanation of what is what and why on the Divina.

Well my kids are to young to have their own inside cabin at this point, so two cabins is not an option.

We cruise for family get away from it all. And I spent lots of years at sea and I love ships and the sea. Never would do an inside cabin need to see the sea.

Also the fact that a private deck is also not crowded or well used seems odd? Why is it not busy? I know why the private sun decks on Divina are not crowded, one is yc only and the other has a fee. Its clear we are using two different definitions of private.

A table in a dark corner tucked away in the mdr is private but le muse is a private facility for select people.

YC free booze and soda can be a big cost saving in the YC. Especially when the ov cabins on hal are the same price of the yc on msc.

Is there a good reason to be a man of the people on vacation or is it the time to be treated to special perks of a faux patrician for a week?

You asked for my opinion. So you got the answer.

Why public sun decks are not busy and have private feel without barbed wire and patrol dogs?

Because ships are designed so!

Ask me why the Queen Mary 2 is not busy...:)

Tenements are "well utilized". Luxury houses are quiet and "not busy".

A table in a dark corner tucked away in the mdr is private but le muse is a private facility for select people

As you like sea views, when you are on the Divina, take a few pictures: views from Le Muse.

YC free booze and soda can be a big cost saving in the YC.

It's possible. Not for us though. We have 1 bottle in a specilaty per cruise at max. Soda of a certain famous brand is also a good cleaning agent for my car alloy wheels.:)

We rather focus on freshly squeezed OJ (free) on Signature ships - another "perk" for everyone.

Is there a good reason to be a man of the people on vacation or is it the time to be treated to special perks of a faux patrician for a week?

Why not?

Enjoy!

why are we discussing HAL ships on the msc section? furthermore presently there are be zero cases of noro on, msc, while Hal ships often are effected by noro, so the only place many passengers would see is their Bathroom.

In fairness, the CDC only reports noro on ships that include US port stops. MSC has only one ship (Divina) that will be included in CDC reports. HAL has, what, maybe 8?

And I'd certainly not agree that HAL ships are "often" infected.

This entire thread has gone totally off the rails.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Edited by jkgourmet

"A table in a dark corner tucked away in the mdr is private but le muse is a private facility for select people"

HaHa ... Did not know you had to be "selected" to eat at Le Muse ! and there was me knowing it was part of the Yacht club.

As for a Dark Table in the corner, Le Muse is more like a Goldfish bowl.

You asked for my opinion. So you got the answer.

So if I understand you, you would rather sail on the HAL signature class over the Divina YC even if the prices are equal. So in your view the whole ship has equal, or in your view, acceptable levels of service. You see no extra benefits at all to sailing in the YC on MSC.

As you like sea views, when you are on the Divina, take a few pictures: views from Le Muse.

I may do so when eating on the private sun deck 18 while having the breakfast and lunch there. Or in the Topsail lounge. Le Muse's location is not ideal but not everyone, in fact almost no one, will have any better views in either MDR. A few lucky tables.

It's possible. Not for us though. We have 1 bottle in a specilaty per cruise at max. Soda of a certain famous brand is also a good cleaning agent for my car alloy wheels.:)

We rather focus on freshly squeezed OJ (free) on Signature ships - another "perk" for everyone.

Well not everyone lives this way. You are lucky that the free drinks are enough for you. Sounds somewhat limiting overall but C'est la vie.

Why not?

Enjoy!

This is certainly not a serious answer. I have to be a man of the people all year, can't I choose not to be on vacation?

We ate breakfast only at Cagny's on NCL on our last cruise, in a suite, and the location was not ideal for sea views either but the peace and calm of not having to be hammer slammed at the buffet or at the MDR was really a fantastic perk.

The YC would seem to allow for that at all three meals and snacking all day. That seems to be a valuable extra in my book, but again that's my book. and I certainly hope not everyone reads from it. :p

"A table in a dark corner tucked away in the mdr is private but le muse is a private facility for select people"

HaHa ... Did not know you had to be "selected" to eat at Le Muse ! and there was me knowing it was part of the Yacht club.

As for a Dark Table in the corner, Le Muse is more like a Goldfish bowl.

You didn't quite get the point, but you selected to eat in Le Muse when you booked the YC and thus become a select person.

Select and selected have differing meaning and definitions.

It's time to prepare for the cruise.

How fast is laundry service on the Divina? What prices?

Thanks.

are you booking or tire kicking? Based on your numerous posts msc is not the cruiseline for you, book Hal, you will be much happier.

Laundry, for those of you who cruise they have a 25 piece special for 25 dollars,and we got the laundry back the same day.

It's time to prepare for the cruise.

How fast is laundry service on the Divina? What prices?

Thanks.

In this entire thread and in all the research you have done comparing HAL signature class to Divina you have not touched on laundry differences?

Just joking ;)

Does HAL do the laundry for free or have an onboard laundrymat?

Legion 3 ... My post was a somewhat Tongue in cheek reply ... :D

Being as i have not eaten in Le Muse or as yet traveled in the Yacht club, although the Goldfish bowl comment still stands .... :)

And yes i do know the difference between Select and Selected ... having been Twice Selected to visit the Bridge on our Two Ruby Princess sailings.

are you booking or tire kicking? Based on your numerous posts msc is not the cruiseline for you, book Hal, you will be much happier.

Laundry, for those of you who cruise they have a 25 piece special for 25 dollars,and we got the laundry back the same day.

alexkrn46,

Thank you for the info.

I have repeated several times that I cruise on all ships that happen to be on the right time, in the right place for the right price. There are better ships, but I cannot put them in my pocket and take them wherever I go.

And Divina prices!

In this entire thread and in all the research you have done comparing HAL signature class to Divina you have not touched on laundry differences?

Just joking ;)

Does HAL do the laundry for free or have an onboard laundrymat?

A laundromat is a plus on cruise ships (Cunard, Princess).

The Signature class offers laundry service for fee (except suites).

It's never an issue for us on any ship. We pack accordingly to avoid wasting time and money on laundry service (airline club members - free checked luggage or no questions at all if we drive to the port).

This time it's going to be a combination of cruise vacation and a longer business trip. So...

BTW how about laundry service for YC guests? Is it free?

Thanks.

What YC suite perks are common on HAL?

What is common on HAl not available in the YC?

I did not ask about what I wanted the question was directed to you. Is a HAL suite worth an extra $3000+ to YOU!

I wonder what a mini-suite would book out at for the same week? I assume the minisuite has no unique or special perks just what everyone has access to.

Please book YC on Divina no HAL ship worth extra $3000.00 . HAl is nice old fashion cruise line but be ready to go to sleep by 10 pm ,be ready to Noro , be ready to come back to same port because someone just died on HAL ship . happens to us twice :rolleyes: + always can see HAL ship in port and ambulance parked by it). Kids club had 6 kids on our 10 days cruise and maybe 11 kids on 7 days cruise. :rolleyes: I only recomend HAL to people with kids yonger than 3 years old and to people over 65 years old.

In fairness, the CDC only reports noro on ships that include US port stops. MSC has only one ship (Divina) that will be included in CDC reports. HAL has, what, maybe 8?

And I'd certainly not agree that HAL ships are "often" infected.

This entire thread has gone totally off the rails.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Sorry, you are not factual!

We have cruised on HAL so I won't say they are dirty, but it is a fact that HAL has the most CDC disease reports of any other line!

The average is 4x's a year for the last 10 years!

That's '4 times more then Carnival'! (40 reports to 10)

And there are many more Carnival cruises then HAL!

So your comparison of how many ships doesn't stand up to the facts!

Edited by Russian Bear

Please book YC on Divina no HAL ship worth extra $3000.00 . HAl is nice old fashion cruise line but be ready to go to sleep by 10 pm ,be ready to Noro , be ready to come back to same port because someone just died on HAL ship . happens to us twice :rolleyes: + always can see HAL ship in port and ambulance parked by it).

Thanks, GOLDENBONNEY. I needed that! ROTFL :D

Bret

Sorry, you are not factual!

We have cruised on HAL so I won't say they are dirty, but it is a fact that HAL has the most CDC disease reports of any other line!

The average is 4x's a year for the last 10 years!

That's '4 times more then Carnival'! (40 reports to 10)

And there are many more Carnival cruises then HAL!

So your comparison of how many ships doesn't stand up to the facts!

Here is the actual CDC data: http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/gilist.htm#years

Where did you get your CDC facts from?

Edited by Boytjie

I see one episode on the Nieuw Amsterdam since she was built in 2010 and zero for the Eurodam since she was built in 2008.

Please stop posting this noro garbage in this thread.

Thank you Norwegian Cruiser 73.

Did you try excursions? How are they in general?

One more question about spa experience. Did you try? How was it?

thank you.

Edited by cruisetrail

Here is the actual CDC data: http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/gilist.htm#years

Where did you get your CDC facts from?

Same site, you simply add the reports for the last 10 years which I did and you should come up with these figures(:confused:) I stated! (I did it quickly so I'm close:D)

HAL has its place, as does MSC, as does every ship and cruise line, and everyone has the right to spend as they want, to get what's important to them on a cruise!

This OP likes wrap around promenade decks as many do, others do not, there is no right or wrong, better or worse, just opinions!

This OP has stated they may cruise the Divina in the future for the right price, as I think anyone would also do!

Whatever cruise you choose, enjoy!

Another question - there will be three questions so far.

1. Divina excursions? Impressions?

2. Divina spa? Impressions?

3. How well do MDR dining time and show time match? Looking at real sutuation, what did you prefer: early seating or late seating?

Thank you.

Wow, this thread is almost nine months old. That's a lot of time to be researching and discussing! I've booked 5 cruises in that time period and sailed four. Woman have produced full term babies in that length of time!

Cruisetail, may I suggest you step away from your computer and actually go book a cruise? I think you'd be a happier human if you did so. I know a lot of us would be happy as well.

Enjoy your cruise!!