Silver Shadow Fails Sanitation Inspection After Caught Hiding Filthy Conditions from

mikedoes

I will do a review , we just got home, but it was the best experience in about 35 cruises. Our previous most recent cruises were on Crystal, Seabourn , Regent, and of course the Silversea one. They did everything right, and we booked on board a 10 day in Sept 2014. We have not ever done that before, so I have to say we were pleased. The food was fantastic, and just the whole experience was the best. I am dreading the November Silversea cruise, and again I had paid a lot of money ..this time a silver suite. I do not trust them, and now for sure they really do not want me on one of their ships. I know that some ships will get a bad report, but for the $$$$$ they charge this is beyond rediculious. On the Shadow last year it was one thing after another. I think in 10 days, the sheets were changed once!

Merriem,

I wanted to just plant my complete solidarity and empathy with how you feel. It is really uncomfortable. For what it's worth - I'm not a stalker :p - but I and any decent person would want you to really enjoy your November cruise.

So sturdy up girl! :)

You'll have a great time because you are resourceful and well - balanced. it's only a so£&ing cruise.

I hope you have a great time.

Merriem,

I wanted to just plant my complete solidarity and empathy with how you feel. It is really uncomfortable. For what it's worth - I'm not a stalker :p - but I and any decent person would want you to really enjoy your November cruise.

So sturdy up girl! :)

You'll have a great time because you are resourceful and well - balanced. it's only a so£&ing cruise.

I hope you have a great time.

I am going right to AMEX platinum this morning. This is our birthday cruise, both of us, and I am tired of spending money for a bad experience. I am mad at myself that I got sucked in again.

I am going right to AMEX platinum this morning. This is our birthday cruise, both of us, and I am tired of spending money for a bad experience. I am mad at myself that I got sucked in again.

Well good luck. But may I say ... you WILL have a great time if you decide to.

You and I - we can enjoy ourselves with a penny lolly and the person we love. Don't let anything too trivial compromise your natural ability to overcome all things including posts from idiots like me.

:)

Hope you can cancel without penalty and find a cruise that will give you the wonderful experience you both deserve. DW is taking me on a cruise for my 60th b-day later this year, and we want it to be as great and memorable as possible. And given what luxury cruises cost, we should expect no less.

Hope you can cancel without penalty and find a cruise that will give you the wonderful experience you both deserve. DW is taking me on a cruise for my 60th b-day later this year, and we want it to be as great and memorable as possible. And given what luxury cruises cost, we should expect no less.

Happy Birthday kiddo .....:p

The best way to guarantee your delight is to lower your expectations ..... :)

As someone who's been seriously flirting with the idea of sailing Silversea, you can bet this inspection failure -- teased on one of the major US networks' morning news shows today -- caught my eye.

I've read through this whole thread and now am quite happy I did not pull the trigger to book this line. I can only imagine it is even more upsetting to those who've sailed with Silversea before, whether once or many times.

I hope Silversea will address this in something other than a cursory way, but based on what I've seen from other cruiselines, I suspect that won't happen.

Happy Birthday kiddo .....:p

The best way to guarantee your delight is to lower your expectations ..... :)

Not for $11,000 plus first class air. We should hold companies to the high level we hold ourselves

Sheets not changed in 10 days? Wow. You will have a good cruise. as i stated earlier, now is probably the best time to be aboard SS. Let us know if things change for you.

How funny! :D

The best time to buy a product is when everyone says it is poo and whenit is clearly deteriorating!

Great stuff and a logic all of it's own world.:cool:

The logical thing would be to go to TripAdvisor and sort everything in reverse order and pick the worst hotels and restaurants because they cannot get any worst and must at this very point be getting better!

Not for $11,000 plus first class air. We should hold companies to the high level we hold ourselves

I must teach you about First Class air .... did you see the air travel threads a few months bacK?!

Genuinely. Higher expectations against a falling market.

Enjoy your trip.:)

I must teach you about First Class air .... did you see the air travel threads a few months bacK?!

Genuinely. Higher expectations against a falling market.

Enjoy your trip.:)

Why do you seem to think this is funny. This is serious and we don't need smart a$& comments. You do not need to teach us anything. Good day

Why do you seem to think this is funny. This is serious and we don't need smart a$& comments. You do not need to teach us anything. Good day

I didn't think it was funny. I was showing support, interest, humour and empathy. If this is how you respond to friendship and interest then I wish you lots of additional luck on your cruise.

:)

Hi! Welcome aboard!

Your deleted post implied additional knowledge. Care to share?

Jeff

I, too, was going to ask your source, not because I doubt you but really out of curiosity. This is directed to the original poster referenced above.

I have never been on a cruise. Just live life through all you folks that post on here. And I sure have enough sense to ask for my linens to be changed after three days. If you wait ten days, that is on you. In all departments, SS will push as much as they can. Push back and you will receive. It's been this way the past few years.

IMO, we should not have to push back...... however, it has been necessary on SS. On our September cruise we will definitely make sure that we have linens changed, bottled water (with top closed) and will return any food that appears to have been sitting too long. We'll do this in a polite way but feel we need to take care of ourselves since SS doesn't seem to care about passengers welfare. At the moment, the thought of eating anything on the Shadow is distasteful.

I have never been on a cruise.

Have I misunderstood this comment?

I am totally confused by all of your previous posts where you clearly claim you have been on a cruise. I've just glanced back through some of them.

Please explain.

:confused:

Archived