Question for Copper 10-8

solocanadian

lived in Medford ..between exit 64-65 south of the LIE.. been down here retired in southeastern NC along the coast--just north of Myrtle Beach-- for the past 23 years.. we go back up that way one or two times a year for holidays with relatives for very short stays.......crowds .. traffic and the hustle-bustle up there these days 'send' us back ready to book yet another cruise :)

DH knows the Medford area too..You picked a lovely place to retire..We looked at property there in the early 80's & almost purchased a condo on the inland waterway close to Myrtle Beach..The same weekend we received a call from a Realtor here in SW Florida about a condo on the water which was being sold for a song..We flew down the following weekend & bought it..Kept it until we retired & then bought a house down here on the water with a dock for our sailboat...We were able to sail year round..Have only been back to NYC a few times since we retired to see DH's Brother but try to encourage them all to come to see us here..

My apologies to Copper 10-8 for going off topic..

Cheers...:)Betty

John Hope you don't mind but used your name in vain..

There is a brand new poster to Cruise Critic by the name of Swankg, who would like to get a message to CD Anthony Choice..

I suggested he contact you on this thread & perhaps you would know how he could get the message to him...

Cheers..Betty

I have been reading this thread and am assuming that John (copper 10-8) works or has worked for HAL. Is that correct? It is nice to get info on the crew for any particular sailing. I have sailed with HAL a few times now and recognize some of the people mentioned. Thanks, John.

Back on Post #160, he said it was too soon to somebody else who asked the same question.

Oops, didn't see that. I was told by HAL two weeks ago who the Hotel Director was scheduled to be, but I didn't ask about the others.

Thanks

Edited by kjw869

• 1 month later...
Oops, didn't see that. I was told by HAL two weeks ago who the Hotel Director was scheduled to be, but I didn't ask about the others.

Thanks

Can you share who the HD will be for January (and hoping also February)?

Can you share who the HD will be for January (and hoping also February)?

Hi, I was told the HD is scheduled to be Boban Zivkovic and the Captain will be Charles Whitaker for the 1/27/14 sailing of the Noordam.

Mr. Zivkovic was the HD on our Zuiderdam cruise in May.

Edited by kjw869

Capt - Wouter van Hoogdalem

HD - Rene Tuinman

GRM - Eduardo Portero-Lopez

CD - Kelsey Adami

EChef - Ajithkumar Gangadharamenon (common spelling)

aka "Ajith"

EHK - Jenna Schwartz

Always subject to change

Hi-

Is this the same group that will be on the Zaandam on the December 18 sailing out of Rio? Thanks for the info in advance!

Wow, are we actually keeping count of his working schedule? Creapy :confused:

I have been in communication with him and just stating the facts and letting folks know they probably won't be getting there questions asked until he has returned from his contract.

Hi, I was told the HD is scheduled to be Boban Zivkovic and the Captain will be Charles Whitaker for the 1/27/14 sailing of the Noordam.

Do you know who is on the Maasdam 1/27?

I always wonder why it is so important to know who the Captain will be. I cruise for the itinerary and the fun of being on a ship---and it is always a nice surprise to discover that the Captain might be one I know and have sailed with before.

It matters not to me...I am just curious.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I always wonder why it is so important to know who the Captain will be. I cruise for the itinerary and the fun of being on a ship---and it is always a nice surprise to discover that the Captain might be one I know and have sailed with before.

It doesn't do it for me either but some folks seem to like it.

• 3 weeks later...

You've got the wrong ship!;) Boban Zivkovic is still one of two HD's on Zuiderdam; the other is Frank Ulbricht. Ryan Whitaker is a staff captain on Zuiderdam

Capt. Robert Jan Kan will have Noordam on 01/27/14 and the HD is scheduled to be Mark Pells

You've got the wrong ship!;) Boban Zivkovic is still one of two HD's on Zuiderdam; the other is Frank Ulbricht. Ryan Whitaker is a staff captain on Zuiderdam

Capt. Robert Jan Kan will have Noordam on 01/27/14 and the HD is scheduled to be Mark Pells

Can I just say that this Noordam cruise has hit the jackpot? Captain Kan and HD Mark Pells, a dream team!

I should think about booking this!

In October, when we were on the Prinsendam, Capt. van Schoonhoven had to leave the ship for a medical condition. We had a temporary captain for a week, then Captain Gunderson came out of retirement to command the ship. Do you know if Captain van Schoonhoven is now OK and will he be returning to the Prinsendam?

I actually care more about who is at the piano bar, on Noordam, January 27.

As do I. Right now there's some guy named Lee, and I know that "Barry from Boston" (Barry Rockland) is supposed to board on Feb. 7th (the day that we 11-day'ers disembark). Is "Lee" still going to be there on the 27th?

Also, is Shane Michaels scheduled to be the CD for that sailing? And would you know who the DJ is going to be? (Hoping for Jazzy!)