How bad could a balcony cabin be?

ChiGal1962

You landed a 2C. That's not a bad location at all, and you will not have lifeboats beneath you! :D You will be near the aft of the ship, starboard side, above Qsine - one of the specialty restaurants. Just be prepared for a "hike" to the stairs and elevators. Enjoy your balcony!

Thanks for the info, and great news as well!!

for us the diff is in the location of the stateroom --not the view... too far forward or aft would not be ideal...ship's movement, long walk to elev., etc.

plus we like to know what our cabin is ahead of time..

sad that they do not have more deals or cabins to accomodate singles--they should incorporate that into new builds like some other cruise lines and hotels.

Wifey and I always go for the guarantee and never had an issue in about 5 sailings no obstructed views or noise.....although that said we are booking through UK T/A and most seem to specify when you are paying for this "privilege" :rolleyes:

A potential for a little noise or a little obstruction? Not a big deal IMHO if weighing cruise vs don't cruise because of cost. Bring some earplugs. Go out on deck if you need to see more. My only concern on a cruise with a lot of sea days would be location as I tend to get seasick if all the way forward or back.

So, good news! Decided to be stubborn and checked online again this morning to see what the story was. What do you know -- the balcony guarantee was still there AND it let me book it as a solo. So click click and I'm going to Hawaii :)

Now to pop over to the roll call board and start immersing myself! And keeping my fingers crossed until the room is assigned ...

Thanks again for all of the helpful input.

Believe me, I read through the 100+ pages of the roll call .. sounds like a really fun group! I don't have a travel agent, but I suppose I could try to find one that I could trust. Just rather disheartened at the moment.

I am glad you joined the cruise, and I don't think you will regret it. If a balcony is what you must have for this cruise, only you know how important it is for the price you can get. I am glad it worked out and you can get your cheaper guarantee. See you in 6 weeks when the fun begins.:D

We always book a guarantee balcony, never had a bad one. Here is a pic of cabin 6274 on silhouette 2c cat, I was sitting in the chair and as you can see the hand rail at the top of the picture. Never bothered us and it got got plenty of sun and light.

image.jpg.9603569218f9bb96ae8c98258c80f767.jpg

So, good news! Decided to be stubborn and checked online again this morning to see what the story was. What do you know -- the balcony guarantee was still there AND it let me book it as a solo. So click click and I'm going to Hawaii :)

Now to pop over to the roll call board and start immersing myself! And keeping my fingers crossed until the room is assigned ...

Fantastic news! Glad it worked out and hope you get a room you are happy with.

Phil

We always book a guarantee balcony, never had a bad one. Here is a pic of cabin 6274 on silhouette 2c cat, I was sitting in the chair and as you can see the hand rail at the top of the picture. Never bothered us and it got got plenty of sun and light.

That is not so bad, the life boat is below rather than in front.:D

Happy to have you aboard. Glad it worked out. See you in 6 weeks, as Mic said.:)

Archived