Winter 2014/15 Itineraries

Mentioned it on my blog, but Island Escape is going to be doing the western Med once again in April 2015, docking in Nice. No dates yet in Palma Mallorca.

Not winter 2014/15 based, but was just going through some old threads today to see when the summer dates were usually put in schedules, and this time last year dates for Norway were already put in the schedule, as at the time there was concern that ex-UK itineraries might have been stopping, but then Spirit appeared on them in August confirming they were keeping ex-UK.

But, so far, no bookings for anyway Norwegian ports, unlike last year. Are we going to have another case of no ex-UK cruises? :confused:

wot...no ex uk for summer 2015?? surely they wont drop this....take up has been good (hasnt it?) maybe they are thinking of deploying majesty?? instead (it's bigger)

I thinks this may mean the final nail for the spirit??:(

I must say I am a little worried that thoms are doingthe whole winter season this year with just 2 ships?? this is not the big expansion fraser wanted....hopes its not a (downsizing) trend

lets be (ever) optimistic...maybe there really is a new ship...they surely wont spend money sensatori-ising the maj, dream & celebration are already platinum (ish)

despite numerous setbacks.....I still havnt lost faith the mein shiff:)

wot...no ex uk for summer 2015?? surely they wont drop this....take up has been good (hasnt it?) maybe they are thinking of deploying majesty?? instead (it's bigger)

I thinks this may mean the final nail for the spirit??:(

I must say I am a little worried that thoms are doingthe whole winter season this year with just 2 ships?? this is not the big expansion fraser wanted....hopes its not a (downsizing) trend

lets be (ever) optimistic...maybe there really is a new ship...they surely wont spend money sensatori-ising the maj, dream & celebration are already platinum (ish)

despite numerous setbacks.....I still havnt lost faith the mein shiff:)

The possibility of a 2 ship fleet for next winter is strengthened by my next blog post I'm afraid.

Also, checked for any of Thomson's tonnage in Norway for 2015, including Dream and Majesty. Nothing I'm afraid. Checked all the ships expected to call in Norway, and there wasn't anything that I thought Thomson could be sailing in the future. Maybe there just later at adding them this year.

Edited by Sailaway487

Here's the recent info I have found:

http://thesailawayblog.wordpress.com/2013/09/09/thomson-dream-island-escape-to-share-canary-islands-duties-for-winter-201415/

Looks like Dream will be in the Canaries in November, reposition to the Caribbean in December, with Island Escape taking over the Canary Islands programme for the rest of the season. Tenerife schedules are a bit iffy though as I've explained in my blog post, so maybe take them at a pinch of salt.

However, if true then no Spirit and Majesty again? And surely they could have used one of these instead of IE like usual. Strange...

Edited by Sailaway487

Here's the recent info I have found:

http://thesailawayblog.wordpress.com/2013/09/09/thomson-dream-island-escape-to-share-canary-islands-duties-for-winter-201415/

Looks like Dream will be in the Canaries in November, reposition to the Caribbean in December, with Island Escape taking over the Canary Islands programme for the rest of the season. Tenerife schedules are a bit iffy though as I've explained in my blog post, so maybe take them at a pinch of salt.

However, if true then no Spirit and Majesty again? And surely they could have used one of these instead of IE like usual. Strange...

Very intriguing - and potentially quite worrying! I wonder whether they are playing a canny game though by booking in a ship i.e. any ship which could be theoretically available to Thomson (e.g. I.E.) just to secure the berth - then the actual ship may be changed closer to the time. A new ship perhaps? Certainly IE being booked into two different ports - in different cruise areas is clearly not possible. Hedging their bets and keeping us guessing for as long as possible???

Thanks for the research Sailaway :) - interesting and thought-provoking - also in my case somewhat confusing. Having trouble getting my head round all of this. Glad we have you to try to keep tabs on developments nad try to make sense of what's going on! :rolleyes:

Edited by kruzseeka

Very intriguing - and potentially quite worrying! I wonder whether they are playing a canny game though by booking in a ship i.e. any ship which could be theoretically available to Thomson (e.g. I.E.) just to secure the berth - then the actual ship may be changed closer to the time. A new ship perhaps? Certainly IE being booked into two different ports - in different cruise areas is clearly not possible. Hedging their bets and keeping us guessing for as long as possible???

Thanks for the research Sailaway :) - interesting and thought-provoking - also in my case somewhat confusing. Having trouble getting my head round all of this. Glad we have you to try to keep tabs on developments nad try to make sense of what's going on! :rolleyes:

That's what I thought perhaps they were doing with the Funchal schedule - book any ship for now then replace it later on.

Getting rather confused now though myself. :D

Well I'm normally confused anyway so I'm no help at all.:o

BUT, could the Dream get to Africa and the Cape Verde Isles and back in a week ?:confused: That would be different.

........oh and please don't start with not sailing from UK again !!!:rolleyes::eek:

So it looks like Majesty is staying with its date in Gibraltar for 2015. Also, it seems it is going west for the winter, suggesting somewhere new as Dream and Celebration are already in the Caribbean.

Also looks like Red Sea has been dropped for next year, unless Spirit appears here. No info on Spirit's contract though yet as it hasn't appeared anywhere sailing passed next October.

It would also seem that ships and homeports for the Mediterranean anyway for summer 2015 will remain the same. :(

lots of potential big changes for thoms here:)

2 ships in caribbean and maj.....?? somewhere?? possibly interesting...it has to be somewhere where they have stay options??.... (could it be canaries?....or isn't i.e doing that?):confused:

shame about the red sea....and the poor ole spirit....not looking good:(

lots of potential big changes for thoms here:)

2 ships in caribbean and maj.....?? somewhere?? possibly interesting...it has to be somewhere where they have stay options??.... (could it be canaries?....or isn't i.e doing that?):confused:

shame about the red sea....and the poor ole spirit....not looking good:(

I don't think Canaries as Majesty is only booked in for one date, and it leaves at 17:00 and usually it is there till midnight on a normal Canaries 7 night cruise. A lot of longhaul options then for next winter it would seem?

Not looking good for Spirit, no. It might appear soon. If it is going, as Celebration is going east to the Med again for 2015, then perhaps there isn't going to be ex-UK after all.

Is there enough for a week's itinerary in the Azores since IE is in the Canaries? Don't suppose they would both be based in the Canaries - do you?

Interesting re Louis Majesty - as you say could just be an error but a bit odd to turn up under that name now. Look how quickly Destiny got turned around and back in Louis' service and the swap effected with Majesty. Could be a case of staking a claim to the berth to be changed at a different date. :confused:

Not sure about Mexico for a third Thomson ship - that could still be part of Dream's new plans since you've discovered Celebration looks to be taking over something like the current Dream itineraries. All very interesting and confusing.

Keep looking for more parts to the jig-saw Sailaway - we're all very keen to see the final picture! :D (And thanks for your sterling efforts so far - much appreciated! ;))

Is there enough for a week's itinerary in the Azores since IE is in the Canaries? Don't suppose they would both be based in the Canaries - do you?

Interesting re Louis Majesty - as you say could just be an error but a bit odd to turn up under that name now. Look how quickly Destiny got turned around and back in Louis' service and the swap effected with Majesty. Could be a case of staking a claim to the berth to be changed at a different date. :confused:

Not sure about Mexico for a third Thomson ship - that could still be part of Dream's new plans since you've discovered Celebration looks to be taking over something like the current Dream itineraries. All very interesting and confusing.

Keep looking for more parts to the jig-saw Sailaway - we're all very keen to see the final picture! :D (And thanks for your sterling efforts so far - much appreciated! ;))

As there's only one date in the Canaries for Majesty, I would guess it will only be stopping off here before it goes to wherever it is going. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually Majesty just does Canaries for the whole of the winter instead of IE.

Dream and Celebration both being in the Caribbean does confuse things, and I would have thought that Dream would do Pacific Mexico. Very strange?

so majesty is heading west??...where could it be??

theres nothing out there? only the azores

surely not caribbean....unless...... thoms have changed their minds about celebration? or even dream??? (could be heading back east?)

maybe maj is heading for the panama canal and on into pacific?? do thoms fly anywhere out there?...hawaii??

3 ships doing long haul doesnt seem like a great plan imo?:confused::confused:

so majesty is heading west??...where could it be??

theres nothing out there? only the azores

surely not caribbean....unless...... thoms have changed their minds about celebration? or even dream??? (could be heading back east?)

maybe maj is heading for the panama canal and on into pacific?? do thoms fly anywhere out there?...hawaii??

3 ships doing long haul doesnt seem like a great plan imo?:confused::confused:

They currently fly to Puerto Vallarta, only from London Gatwick and Manchester though at the moment. I suppose, with more Dreamliners being introduced, perhaps they will increase the longhaul programme for next winter.