Winter 2014/15 Itineraries

Hi, we flew back from the dream yesterday and the new winter magazine was on the plane. Future plans were advertised for the dream from Jamaica including Panama Canal and Belize! I took a photo of the article as I thought you would be interested... Image attached. Rachael

That is exciting news!!

Thanks fro that TFT.

Edit....was so excited about that I forgot to say I hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Edited by Little Nell

Hi, we flew back from the dream yesterday and the new winter magazine was on the plane. Future plans were advertised for the dream from Jamaica including Panama Canal and Belize! I took a photo of the article as I thought you would be interested... Image attached. Rachael

Hope you had a great cruise and thank you for the info!!!! So Central America will be the new destination. Would have preferred Far East but don't mind this at all! :D

Certainly better than Pacific Mexico I should think. I wonder how long these cruises will be? 7 night back to back or perhaps 14 night itineraries. Would have thought the ship will be covering some distance. Clearly they think these itineraries will be popular putting their largest ship from Jamaica.

So that's Dream doing Central America & Western Caribbean from Montego Bay, Celebration doing Eastern Caribbean from Barbados.

Would guess Majesty will be in the Canaries then?

Edited by Sailaway487

Am I being a bit thick? Where does it mention Panama canal, and how could they do a Panama Canal transit if all itineraries start and end in Jamaica - it would bankrupt them! They are also unlikely to do a repositioning cruise via the Panama Canal as its going the wrong way.

Can't work this out.:confused:

imo its v unlikely that they will actually transit the panama canal....probably just call at colon (which isnt the most attractive port of call imo) butthey do have a (quite) good canal visitors centre and some attractive indigenous indian villages that you can visit nearby

like the sound of belize....is that a new one for thoms?

Am I being a bit thick? Where does it mention Panama canal, and how could they do a Panama Canal transit if all itineraries start and end in Jamaica - it would bankrupt them! They are also unlikely to do a repositioning cruise via the Panama Canal as its going the wrong way.

Can't work this out.:confused:

On #125 and yes it just says Panama, not Transit of Panama Canal. Must check an atlas and see if there is a town called Panama that they are referring to. :(

Already checked that and at the moment have to go to Manchester for Jamaica. :(. DH does not like travelling to Manchester in winter.

No over the Pennines is not a good idea :(, but for Carribbean cruises there are usually 3 flights from Newcastle in a season.:)

A lot of ships do a partial transit of the Panama Canal. They go to Gatun lake, turn round and come back :)

Not really keen to go back on the Dream after last time, wish it was the Celebration doing it :(:rolleyes:

Wait till we hear from Kruzseeka, Nell, Dreams2, HFT, Baggers, etc when they get back. Hopefully, you will change your mind. There's so many going from here and FB that they'll be having a party. :). Without us, Linda. :(

Did I see Honduras on that promo info? That sounds like Roatan!!! :D Fantastic! We loved it - very authentic, not for the shopaholics but fantastic character. We'd love to go back.

Great to see a really new itinerary and an alternative to the Eastern Caribbean islands but how strange that the information has appeared in this way (great coup Rachael spotting that and letting us know ;)). I can't help but think that it wasn't intended to be released yet as I'm sure Thomson would have wanted to have a high profile announcement/press release/publicity to herald this news. I think someone has let the cat out of the bag!:eek:

Did I see Honduras on that promo info? That sounds like Roatan!!! :D Fantastic! We loved it - very authentic, not for the shopaholics but fantastic character. We'd love to go back.

Great to see a really new itinerary and an alternative to the Eastern Caribbean islands but how strange that the information has appeared in this way (great coup Rachael spotting that and letting us know ;)). I can't help but think that it wasn't intended to be released yet as I'm sure Thomson would have wanted to have a high profile announcement/press release/publicity to herald this news. I think someone has let the cat out of the bag!:eek:

I think someone must have forgotten that the inflight magazine comes out earlier than the brochures! In terms of a release date, very much doubt it will be this week now, more like next Thursday. If so, a press release should be released this Thursday. Will look out for it. :)

Wait till we hear from Kruzseeka, Nell, Dreams2, HFT, Baggers, etc when they get back. Hopefully, you will change your mind. There's so many going from here and FB that they'll be having a party. :). Without us, Linda. :(
Hi Jackie, Hope they have a great time, but not for me, a transatlantic :eek::eek: Too many days at sea all at one go. Don't mind sea days if they are spread out, but 6 days would drive me mad. I did three down to the Canaries and I was ready to jump ship after 2 :rolleyes:

From the Thomson Holidays Facebook page this morning:

"We just couldn’t wait to share this news with you…

From next winter, Thomson Dream is now sailing from Montego Bay in Jamaica!

Who’s excited for this new Caribbean Port of Call?"

And note from a Thomson rep that they don't go on sale until Mid Dec!

Baggers

Edited by BaggersCruising

From the Thomson Holidays Facebook page this morning:

"We just couldn’t wait to share this news with you…

From next winter, Thomson Dream is now sailing from Montego Bay in Jamaica!

Who’s excited for this new Caribbean Port of Call?"

And note from a Thomson rep that they don't go on sale until Mid Dec!

Baggers

Just seen the official press release. They will go on sale on 14 November.

Thomson Dream will do a transatlantic from Lanzarote (odd?) to Montego Bay and start it's Western Caribbean cruises on 23 December. Would take a guess it will be in the Canaries then for November/early December. Five itineraries from Montego Bay: Cuban Fusion, Mayan Treasures, Mexican Medley, Pride of Panama and Festive Flavours. There will be overnight stays in Havana. Panama Canal will be visited, but no info regarding sailing through it. £50 per person onboard spending is being offered.

Thomson Celebration (with its new 26 private balconies), will be sailing from Barbados on three itineraries, Tropical Delights, Latin Gems and Caribbean Treasures. Includes a new port of call in Guadeloupe. You can upgrade to AI for £10 per person per night.

No info on the rest of the fleet. Would take a guess Spirit back to Louis and Majesty doing the Canaries once Dream has gone to the Caribbean.

Edited by Sailaway487