EOS. Got a JS with obstruction.

Need help...was given a junior suite on Explorer 8/17 only to find

Out through cruise critic info that it has @ a 3 ft. Obstruction on the

Balcony. Do you think they may offer something if we go to guest

Relations (on board credit. Etc.) we are Diamond members w/rccl.

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.

You can always ask them to give you a different JS if available. I doubt you will get any OBC, but I could be wrong. I don't think status means that much in this situation. Sorry. Hopefully someone will have better info than me.

Thank you very much.

Why not call your TA or RCCL and ask to be moved to another JS room instead? Or are you looking just for reimbursing for having an obstruction? I don't think your C&A status should have anything to do with it.

Look online and see if there is a more desirable JS available for your sailing. Then call RCI (or have your TA call, if you used one) and just say "I have cabin xxxx and would like to move to cabin yyyy" (if this was a guarantee assignment, do not mention that - just say that you want to move from one JS to another). Alternatively, if this was a guarantee, you can be asked to be put back into the guarantee pool, however you might get reassigned the same cabin.

If you stay in the original cabin, don't expect any kind of reimbursement or compensation for the obstruction.

Which cabin is it? There are no obstructed JS cabins on the Explorer, as far as I recall.

Staterooms 9554 and 9254 on Voyager, Adventure, and Explorer have an obstruction on the balcony where there are pipes running vertically. They blocked off about a 3 foot wide vertical section in the middle of the balcony.

Sorry, should have mentioned the cruise is sold out.

You also failed to mention whether or not it was a guarantee. If it was, then you agreed to take any cabin in that category, so, again, no compensation is warranted.

Sorry, should have mentioned the cruise is sold out.

Regardless if it's sold out..keep an online eye on this catagory...things happen..The small obstruction which may be from the window washing equipment will be small as compared to the view you will have. Enjoy !!

Staterooms 9554 and 9254 on Voyager, Adventure, and Explorer have an obstruction on the balcony where there are pipes running vertically. They blocked off about a 3 foot wide vertical section in the middle of the balcony.

Really? Very interesting. Have you stayed in this cabin or visited its balcony? I can't quite picture it. :confused:

Just found this picture of it.

155.jpg

Hmmm..Definately not the window washing equipment I thought..but now I do remember seeing this obstruction discussed and pictured before on some posts...If that's all that's available..I could sail with it but would not expect any compensation ;)

Really? Very interesting. Have you stayed in this cabin or visited its balcony? I can't quite picture it. :confused:

Haven't stayed in those staterooms, but saw them as we were leaving Voyager once, after all the staterooms are open and you can look around. Found out it was on all 3 first gen Voyager class ships.

Archived