Where should I book a RCI B2B cruise?

Ramona760

Hello, I am interested in a B2B cruise out of San Juan on the Jewel of the Seas. They are alternating the route every other week. I found one site that seems to have slightly discounted the 14 night cruise but can't find anyone else marketing it as a package. Does anyone specialize in back to back cruises, where you can easily book the same stateroom? RCI doesn't seem to offer that option, online anyway. Any info on a this will be greatly appreciated. I am planning on going Feb or March '14

It is only really important if RCI calls and markets the two cruises as a B2B. If they don't, probably no TA can. I think I heard that RCI doesn't do anything special- discounts or anything- for a B2B. But I could be wrong. The best place for that research is on the RCI board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Something else to ask over there is whether or not RCI allows TAs to discount fares. Some cruise lines do, some don't.

After that, it is wherever you can get the best fare with the best amenities, if any.

Remember we can't name nor specifically discuss any TAs on Cruise Critic.

Hello, I am interested in a B2B cruise out of San Juan on the Jewel of the Seas. They are alternating the route every other week. I found one site that seems to have slightly discounted the 14 night cruise but can't find anyone else marketing it as a package. Does anyone specialize in back to back cruises, where you can easily book the same stateroom? RCI doesn't seem to offer that option, online anyway. Any info on a this will be greatly appreciated. I am planning on going Feb or March '14

The stateroom rates from RCI or a TA will be the same - TA's can't discount the rate. The "discounts" you may be seeing are likely the result of perks being offered from the TA's commissions, or a block of rooms secured by the TA being booked as a "group" that will allow a small reduction across every 8 rooms (1 passenger at n/c) that is being spread across the rooms blocked. But these are not rate reductions as much as TA give backs.

If you can wait a couple of weeks some of the big online ta's will be having labor day sales offering a wide range of perks. Look for pre-paid gratuities, reduced deposit, matching obc, free specialty dining and whatever else you can find. happy cruising.

Just remember to read the fine print when dealing with an online agency so there are no surprises ;)

I would call RC and make the reservations for the b2b, that way you can make sure you have the same cabin. We have a b2b2b with Celebrity and this is what I did when making the reservations. I have never been on hold an unreasonable amount of time with Royal or Celebrity. I receive the confirmation withing about a minute or two. :)

If you can wait a couple of weeks some of the big online ta's will be having labor day sales offering a wide range of perks. Look for pre-paid gratuities, reduced deposit, matching obc, free specialty dining and whatever else you can find. happy cruising.

Then find a travel agent who will sweeten the deal.

Thanks for all the great advice. I found a great oceanview "senior" price and then a very good price for a balcony the second week. I just have to decide if I want the hassle of changing cabins. Economize one week and spluge the next!

I have a b2b cruise in September and I have the same cabin. y TA arranged it for me.

I just have to decide if I want the hassle of changing cabins. Economize one week and spluge the next!

We did a B2B on Jewel last year and LOVED it. We had the same cabin so we were happy about that, but for those who don't, the staff will move your things for you. You leave your clothes hanging in the closet and they wheel in a rolling rack, transfer your things, and hang them up for you in your new cabin. You would have to clean out your drawers and toiletries, etc. but just put them in your suitcases and again, the staff will move them for you.

Archived