Fall 2013 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns and more

KandCsailing

The results--getting ridiculous! Three dancers gone now that were better than at least three still there. The show is going to start losing credibility.

Brooke's dress was ok, the upper neckline was interesting. I didn't really care for Carrie Ann's dress, though the beading was beautiful. Amber's yellow dress was the best I have seen on her. She still dresses too old.

I do agree with Lois about the show being "fixed" or set up to a certain extent. But what galls me the most is having one or two who are really great dancers with training, and the rest who are rather klutzy. Personally, I would much prefer to see all the contestants with equal talent, or lack thereof, who compete on the basis of who progresses the most each week. I would find that much more interesting than having a show with 10 untalented and two ringers.

I agree with all of the above! I can't believe Elizabeth was voted off and Bill is still there! :mad: I like Bill, but a dancer he is NOT! Sorry. I think something is wrong with this picture:rolleyes: Let's keep it real for the next season or lots of viewers will not be watching. We need "newbies", not professionals or anyone with dancing experience "under their belts"..

I feel better now, thanks!;)

We just got back from a two week cruise on Saturday and I was quite surprised to see that Bill was still there!:D And definitely, the two "dances" that he did last night, while cute, they were really bad. How did he get "7s"?

Brooke's dress was very blah, but I did like Elizabeth's white dress and I agree this was the best dress Amber has worn.

I'm hoping Jack wins!

Sherri:)

Typing with my eyes closed! ;) I'm not reading any posts till tonight.

I missed the show and had to record the 11pm showing so I'll try to catch up tonight after volleyball.

Caught the first 5 minutes and was wondering (forgive me if someone already posted about this)...was the top of Brooke's gown a flesh coloured fabric? Looked opaque on my tv, the black neck trim looked attached and I thought I saw a beige edge at the armpit.

Okay,

While I personally didn't care for Elizabeth, I always felt she would make it to the final. As I said last week Bill should be gone, and Brant and Elizabeth should both still be in the competition.

This is worse than any other season so far. I mean at least Bristol Palin kept improving in the season she made the final.

The show has become a parody of itself.

I really like Bill but I agree he should be gone now. Elizabeth was a great dancer and she should be in the final. I also think that Amber is good but not as great as the judges think, but what do I know?

I would like to see them change the way the votes are counted. I think more weight should be given to the judges scores and less to the voters. Instead of 50/50 make it 75/25.

I really like Bill but I agree he should be gone now. Elizabeth was a great dancer and she should be in the final. I also think that Amber is good but not as great as the judges think, but what do I know?

I would like to see them change the way the votes are counted. I think more weight should be given to the judges scores and less to the voters. Instead of 50/50 make it 75/25.

Amber was not her best this week because of her knees. I could tell how much that was impacting her dancing. That said, when she is on top form, Derek has really instilled an excellent technical base in her. When on form she's got a good frame, and excellent foot placement and hip action in her latin dances. Couple that with her ability to really go out there and perform, which is why she's actually my favorite dancer this season.

A lot of my complaint with Elizabeth was I felt that sometimes her upper body was a bit loosey-goosey and almost balletic at times, and needed to be crisper. I have to say that Jack's Viennese waltz, his frame was absolutely magnificent.

OK , I thought Brookes gown was ok, slit was a bit to high . I liked Carrie Anns dress, on her it looked good, but it takes a special type of person to carry it off. I am not a fan of Elizabeth, BUT , the wrong person went home, Why is Bill still there, they really need to change the whole voteing system.

I like Amber , but I think they grade her a bit high .

REally , why is Corbin even in this group , he has even been on Broadway they mentioned, so putting him in against people with no experience is just dumb.

I am surprized that Jack has done so well , for a larger man , he moves quite nicely across the floor.

As you can probably tell , I might not be watching next season if it is more of the same.

I like to watch for the fashion and the dancing, I don't care for the comedy routines that get put in the dances.

Cori

Just finished watching my taped show and I'll still be tuning in next season. I like the dresses and the music and the dancing. When we change over our cable supplier later this year I'll be able to watch the Italian Show like my MIL. I don't even understand Italian.

I thought Amber also looked her best in the yellow trio dress but I didn't think the dance was all that hot. They only danced in the back third of the dance floor. I guess the boys designed it to make it easier on Amber's knees.

Her first long dress was odd for me. The long fringe was like a formal grass skirt.

Cobin's jazz routine was finally what I think jazz looks like.

I'll agree that Bill shouldn't still be there based on skills and neither should Leah.

If you based the vote on sweetness Bill and Emma totally beat Elizabeth who did a prune face when she heard her name.

Poor Emma has been expecting to leave for weeks. She was crying while waiting for the announcement.

Yeah, it's getting ridiculous. Elizabeth, Christina, Brant, even Snooki should have stayed longer than Bill. I like him but come on, it's a dance show.

I loved Leah's dance! I was laughing out loud. And of course, Corbin's dance was great. It was a little odd with him coaching Karina.

I thought Carrie Ann's was very pretty - the color was good for her.

WOW, just WOW. Shocked that Elizabeth went home - I figured she and Corbin would be in the top 2 - and when Corbin mentioned that he'd danced on Broadway, I just gasped. Wow - so not fair.

Anyway, Amber's first dress had the fringe so long that it was hard to see her feet during her quick step. Maybe it was designed that way, lol.

I liked Brooke's dress but it took me a minute of studying it to see that the top was sheer and no, those black straps were top glued to her shoulder :rolleyes:.

It's such a dumb season...let's just enjoy the dresses and drama (during rehearsals) and know that it's not a fair season. Oh well.

It was announced on GMA that Maks will be a guest judge next week. I have been less than enthusiastic about the show this season, but this gives me a reason to watch!:D

Well now that should be interesting, will watch that, do you think he will behave ?

Cori

Well now that should be interesting, will watch that, do you think he will behave ?

Cori

Hi Cori, I was thinking the same thing. But I was thinking of a different

word.....:eek:

What did everyone think?

Maks was well behaved. Almost too well behaved.:D

I actually turned to see a few minutes of the show (at the beginning)

and saw his introduction.....I wonder if one of the producers spoke with

him before the show?

Maks looked so different without the face stubble he usually had and I was floored when he was so sweet to Karina.

There were way too many 10's given last night for me.

I would have liked Brooke's dress better if it had been closer to knee length and not so tight. It looked funny up the side of her from being pulled so tight.

I liked Carrie Ann's dress at first and then I thought the fabric looked itchy. I don't know...I still liked the style.

I'm okay with Leah leaving. I didn't think she had improved as much as the judges say. I still see her pausing and waiting for Tony a lot.

(BTW - I haven't remembered to vote in weeks, so matter how much I like Bill as a person, it's not me keeping him there.)

Trying to figure out how Corbin should be on the show. He attended Debbie Allen's Dance Academy, danced on Broadway and I just saw this clip of him dancing in a Macy's stars of dance performance on DWTS. :confused:

It's near the bottom of this article.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/09/unfair-dwts-trained-dancers-elizabeth-berkley-corbin-bleu/

I had no idea about that.........

"Trying to figure out how Corbin should be on the show. He attended Debbie Allen's Dance Academy, danced on Broadway and I just saw this clip of him dancing in a Macy's stars of dance performance on DWTS"

Even though I am not watching this year.....this guy sounds like he has

a waaayyyyy bigger edge than anyone else:eek:...and yes, that would be

a totally unfair advantage.

Did anyone else notice Emma's costume for the second dance? They should have just re-titled the song to "I'm Naked And I Know It". The material was quite sheer, and the very few parts that weren't sheer were really, really skimpy!

So how are they going to work it now that four people made it to the final? Isn't it usually three?

Edited by elycelynne

Did anyone else notice Emma's costume for the second dance? They should have just re-titled the song to "I'm Naked And I Know It". The material was quite sheer, and the very few parts that weren't sheer were really, really skimpy!

So how are they going to work it now that four people made it to the final? Isn't it usually three?

That's funny! I thought Bill's first dance was an embarrassment to him, how could he possibly get 7's for it? But his Argentine Tango was, IMO, his best dance of the season, I thought he did a good job with it.

Leah had improved over the season but I thought she seemed "off" last night, she seemed very subdued.

Not fond of Corbin or Amber last night. I'm rooting for Jack!:D

This has been a "blah" season and the fashions have matched the season. Maks seemed to be on his best behavior, although maybe his "bad boy" image as a pro is just an act for the show?

Not sure how they will do the finals with four people!

Edited by sjb317

Maks seemed very un-Maks like! Did anyone notice how much he looked like Rock Hudson (those of you old enough to know who that is!).

I like Corbin as a person, but I do agree that he has had so much previous dance experience that it's really not fair. Amber and Elizabeth also. Bill should have gone home once again, but Leah would have been my next pick.

Bill's first dance was just awful, but I really liked his tango--did not like his partners see-through outfit though. Brooke's dress was just too tight to be attractive.

Even though he is not the best dancer, I'm starting to root for Jack too. He was truly a non-dancer and has improved so much.

Maks seemed very un-Maks like! Did anyone notice how much he looked like Rock Hudson (those of you old enough to know who that is!).

I like Corbin as a person, but I do agree that he has had so much previous dance experience that it's really not fair. Amber and Elizabeth also. Bill should have gone home once again, but Leah would have been my next pick.

Bill's first dance was just awful, but I really liked his tango--did not like his partners see-through outfit though. Brooke's dress was just too tight to be attractive.

Even though he is not the best dancer, I'm starting to root for Jack too. He was truly a non-dancer and has improved so much.

He did kind of look like Rock Hudson! I think I like Maks better when he is in bad boy mode, I've always been attracted to bad boys!:D

You're right Jack is not the best dancer but there is something about him that makes me want him to win. He really has improved, I think the most of any of the remaining contestants.