New propulsion problem on Millennium

cruisestitch

Yes I am feeling a little like you Century passengers felt.

An announcement a few minutes ago just said that all the arrangements we stood in line for two hours this morning to make (charters to anchorage) which we told have been confirmed are Now Not Confirmed.

The team here does not know why that announcement was made and they are not linked into to same manifests.

Their internal communication is now in shambles

An announcement a few minutes ago just said that all the arrangements we stood in line for two hours this morning to make (charters to anchorage) which we told have been confirmed are Now Not Confirmed.

The team here does not know why that announcement was made and they are not linked into to same manifests.

It's a good time to remember that great scene from Shakespeare in Love:

Philip Henslowe: Mr. Fennyman, allow me to explain about the theatre business. The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster.

Hugh Fennyman: So what do we do?

Philip Henslowe: Nothing. Strangely enough, it all turns out well.

Hugh Fennyman: How?

Philip Henslowe: I don't know. It's a mystery.

It actually will all work out...perhaps just not the way you might expect. They do want you off the ship as much as you probably now want to be off the ship. Have a drink and wait for the next announcement....

Cruisesitch I hope to sail with one day, you are my kind of people. :):)Celebrity, I hope you are reading these posts and have noticed as I have, the increased negativity from a very positive person! When a positive person becomes negative, it is time to take action!

It is easy to be a Monday morning quarterback, so I am going to take my turn...

I am disappointed to hear the negative news from a poster whom has been positive during very trying times. Because of the previous positive posts, I place a lot of value in their negative posts...and Celebrity should too.

I suppose under the circumstances, it is very difficult for 100+ administrative staff to take care of over 2,000 passengers.

The solution is more staff, or a longer period of time to process the people. If more company $$$ and manpower were spent to make those on the ship happy campers (it may be to late already), it would create long term goodwill. Each negative post leads to a destruction of goodwill. The goodwill treasure chest is only so big; once it is empty, so is the companies reputation.

IMHO, Celebrity has to get this right, or they become a 2nd class cruise line! Too Bad...:(

BILL

I totally understand your stress level, we had a similar experience with the Infinity in 2002, but let me try to understand...if they cancel your cruise, and if they do you will most likely get compensation similar to the two previously cancelled cruises, you think that Celebrity should still give you the points to reach the elite level on a cruise that you most likely will not have paid for or taken? Sorry seems to be a bit over the top to me. But since your cruise has not been cancelled yet this post in pure gibberish. Let the flames begin. :eek:

But, the intent was there! :)

cruisesitch i hope to sail with one day, you are my kind of people. :):)celebrity, i hope you are reading these posts and have noticed as i have, the increased negativity from a very positive person! When a positive person becomes negative, it is time to take action!

It is easy to be a monday morning quarterback, so i am going to take my turn...

I am disappointed to hear the negative news from a poster whom has been positive during very trying times. Because of the previous positive posts, i place a lot of value in their negative posts...and celebrity should too.

I suppose under the circumstances, it is very difficult for 100+ administrative staff to take care of over 2,000 passengers.

The solution is more staff, or a longer period of time to process the people. If more company $$$ and manpower were spent to make those on the ship happy campers (it may be to late already), it would create long term goodwill. Each negative post leads to a destruction of goodwill. The goodwill treasure chest is only so big; once it is empty, so is the companies reputation.

Imho, celebrity has to get this right, or they become a 2nd class cruise line! Too bad...:(

bill

+1!

Deja vu (all over again !) or

Vu JaDe .. (Never been here and wish I wasn't now.) you pick

Best of luck...

I totally understand your stress level, we had a similar experience with the Infinity in 2002, but let me try to understand...if they cancel your cruise, and if they do you will most likely get compensation similar to the two previously cancelled cruises, you think that Celebrity should still give you the points to reach the elite level on a cruise that you most likely will not have paid for or taken? Sorry seems to be a bit over the top to me. But since your cruise has not been cancelled yet this post in pure gibberish. Let the flames begin. :eek:

For those not yet on the ship, I agree, no points have been earned. For those who are on the current cruise, they have completed the cruise offered by Celebrity, albeit a far shorter one than originally planned. Since they completed their cruise, they have a reasonable position that they should get captain club points.

Hint, Hint Celebrity: some folks are trying to reach the elite level, and giving captain club points would be a "no cost" positive marketing response from celebrity that could turn a lemon into a sweeter peach.

Those who are on now (and clamboring to get off) have been told by Captains Club 800 call center that we will get our points but it may take a while longer than usual for them to be posted.

You should double points for the "Powerless in August" promotion!:):)

BILL

But, the intent was there! :)

Yes, we would have completed our cruise and become elite after this sailing...now Celebrity is on the verge of changing the captains club etc and canceling our cruise with less then 24 hours notice before leaving has left us looking at other cruise lines again after some loyalty...people are acting like getting a refund of our money is some big deal on Celebrity's part...are you kidding this goes without saying...the 50% FCC is a nice gesture...I'm sure Celebrity has insurance to cover these types of losses so really it's just PR for them, but whatever...right now I am angry, frustrated, disappointed, and irritated...tomorrow is a new day and I hope to see things different...for those that are not in our shoes, I would suggest that the comments about how we should feel in relation to the 50% FCC should be kept to themselves...until you feel this kind of whirlwind you do not really know how you would feel...you are looking at it from a far different and not always correct lens...

Just though I would drop by to say that several posters have just showed up on our roll call for Radiance Sept 13th Vancouver to Hawaii. They "jumped ship" from the Millennium. So, apparently some are able to rebook to other existing cruises.

"Martinez said guests booked on the other canceled sailings will receive a full refund, as well as a certificate for a future cruise."

This Celebrity spokesperson makes it seem like everyone is getting a free additional cruise...this is false information...

I wonder if Celebrity has insurance to cover these types of losses to their bottom line?

I am sure they have insurance. But you know how insurance works - the more claims, the more your future premiums rise or the greater the chance that the current insurance company just outright cancels your policy and you have to find another company for your insurance, almost always at a much higher rate. So it is in their own financial interest, even with insurance, to keep claims as low as possible.

"Martinez said guests booked on the other canceled sailings will receive a full refund, as well as a certificate for a future cruise."

This Celebrity spokesperson makes it seem like everyone is getting a free additional cruise...this is false information...

Hi Deise,

I've read that statement several times, and they are saying you will receive a future cruise certificate. What they are NOT saying, is what % the FCC will be. With all due respect, I feel that someone "creatively" wrote that, and its anything but clear - probably for a reason.

My advice - it's probably best to be patient, and see how this all shakes out. Please keep in mind, we are less than 24 hours since decisions were made. While I'm not trying to give anyone false hopes... it's possible that what is known today, *might* be different once everyone has a chance to evaluate what's transpired in recent days, as well as their Guest feedback.

Celebrity sucks. Tried to book the solstice out of Ensenada to make up for my cancelled Mili cruise. When I called just now the price had gone from 749 at 7 am to 1250 at 3 pm.

Talked to everyone I could about this issue and there was nothing they could do.

Guess celebrity just doesn't care they are going to loose 8000 good customer over their stupid refunds policy.

Never Never Never Again

I've been monitoring anything about the Millie since GHStudio first posted his thread about his SE Asia cruise earlier this year. We are scheduled on the SYD to SIN 17 day cruise in 90 days. We will already be in SYD since we are doing the Solstice run to Auckland. I have not purchased trip insurance (yeah, I know) and would appreciate any insights/pointers on how to protect against this type of event happening during our cruise.

Hi Deise,

I've read that statement several times, and they are saying you will receive a future cruise certificate. What they are NOT saying, is what % the FCC will be. With all due respect, I feel that someone "creatively" wrote that, and its anything but clear - probably for a reason.

My advice - it's probably best to be patient, and see how this all shakes out. Please keep in mind, we are less than 24 hours since decisions were made. While I'm not trying to give anyone false hopes... it's possible that what is known today, *might* be different once everyone has a chance to evaluate what's transpired in recent days, as well as their Guest feedback.

Thanks Andy you words are appreciated!!

It's so frustrating...it's interesting though the vile reactions from some that are not in our shoes at the moment...saying things like we are greedy, exploiting, etc...check out celebrity's FB page...lots of nasty people out there that seem to have a very negative reaction to others disappointment...have some empathy folks...

Making Lemonade Report --

Cindy: I'm just now catching up on all this. So hope your "NEW" Alaska cruise is the best ever. You just never know, it may prove itself a "meant to be" moment!

Anyway, condolences to everyone who had to deal with this. I commend those whose attitudes rose to the occasion. Hope I can do as well when it happens to us.....and I know if we keep cruising it will someday....:o

Bon Voyage Cindy! Alaska for us in 15 days on Radiance...praying now!!;)

thank you for all the info provided on this thread, so we kind of knew what is expected when we call.

However was still surprised by how cold and rude the "supervisor" was or was trained on. We are suppose to take the 8/23 cruise and are have already made our way to Seward. Therefore, We were looking for a compensate on something can take us south from Alaska to Vancouver or Seattle. (As you may all realize all cruises departing from Alaska around 8/23 have been all booked! Thanks for Celebrity! LOL so flight is pretty much the only option. ) We can't really change our flight back home, given it's Canadian long weekend and it's too late to find any flight suitable for the busy holiday by "changing policy" to Toronto.

So we asked whether they can reimburse up to $200 for new ticket booking, just to make us back to Vancouver to connect, instead of the change fee, and we are okay to give up the FCC for it. The women answered the call was so cold. She didn't offer any help or info more than what we've already known from CC, and simply kept saying she was not authorized to do anything else and we should work with air flight company on sending us back. It sounds like it was the air company had the mechanical problem, but not Celebrity. She sounded impatient, I can feel her feeling of "it's not me who broke the ship, what on earth you need from me.

In short, I am so very disappointed. Even with 100%FCC in hand, I don't think we will ever take celebrity once again. :mad:

thank you for all the info provided on this thread, so we kind of knew what is expected when we call.

However was still surprised by how cold and rude the "supervisor" was or was trained on. We are suppose to take the 8/23 cruise and are have already made our way to Seward. Therefore, We were looking for a compensate on something can take us south from Alaska to Vancouver or Seattle. (As you may all realize all cruises departing from Alaska around 8/23 have been all booked! Thanks for Celebrity! LOL so flight is pretty much the only option. ) We can't really change our flight back home, given it's Canadian long weekend and it's too late to find any flight suitable for the busy holiday by "changing policy" to Toronto.

So we asked whether they can reimburse up to $200 for new ticket booking, just to make us back to Vancouver to connect, instead of the change fee, and we are okay to give up the FCC for it. The women answered the call was so cold. She didn't offer any help or info more than what we've already known from CC, and simply kept saying she was not authorized to do anything else and we should work with air flight company on sending us back. It sounds like it was the air company had the mechanical problem, but not Celebrity. She sounded impatient, I can feel her feeling of "it's not me who broke the ship, what on earth you need from me.

In short, I am so very disappointed. Even with 100%FCC in hand, I don't think we will ever take celebrity once again. :mad:

And so it begins. A total failure of damage control at X HQ is now leading to potentially thousands of negatives against the line in general. Whether deserved or not, this is what happens when the Executive Suite remains silent and does not get proactive at x minus 2 seconds from becoming aware of the seriousness of the issue. I expected better from the cruise line of "Modern Luxury".

And so it begins. A total failure of damage control at X HQ is now leading to potentially thousands of negatives against the line in general. Whether deserved or not, this is what happens when the Executive Suite remains silent and does not get proactive at x minus 2 seconds from becoming aware of the seriousness of the issue. I expected better from the cruise line of "Modern Luxury".

Right on!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I think Holland and Princess have space on ships -- I keep getting low price offers for AK in August from both. And both have alot of ships sailing in AK!!

We were on Diamond Princess in July and had a wonderful northbound cruise!!!!! Our outside cabin (obstructed) was only 399.

Good luck to all of you on Millie now and also to those who were supposed to be on Millie for next 4 cruises!!! What a horrible situation especially for those who were to board Friday in Seward!!!

Archived