Westerdam Neptune Lounge items

kamac56

To those who I promised a report on...here goes:

Morning there was the dome with fruit and small food items, if we wanted any danish or toast we had to ask for the tray to come out of the back room. They mostly offered it so there wasnt a lot of times you needed to ask for it. Coffee, tea, water, grape juice and orange juice were always avaiable. On the side board in the morning there were different cereals and bowls from that point on there was nothing on the sideboards the rest of the day. Mid day they had the little sandwiches etc in the dome but again nothing on the sideboard, water, tea and grapejuice avaiable in the cooler things and your regular coffees and hot teas. late afternoon, exactly the same some more deserts in the dome but NEVER anything on the sideboard. One gentleman was asking where all the items were that are on the other ships sideboards and the gals in the lounge said that all boats are the same. For us it was a good experience but we had never been in there before.

Thank you for confirming the Neptune Lounge situation on the Westerdam. KK and I experienced the same thing ... except we were not offered the tray of Danish, etc in the morning. I'm not sure I believe the story about "all ships" being the same. Hope that's wrong and it's only the Westerdam.

Thank you for reporting.

I just don't understand (a) why they have not restored all missing items that are offered elsewhere and (b) why the concierges do not answer accurately when asked. They have to know it is different. Many move around from one ship to another as well as Westerdam Did offer all the other things in the not too distant past.

I also do not why there are a few posters who insist there is nothing less in Neptune Lounge on Westerdam.

The concierges don't answer honestly because then they would have to answer questions as to why the Westerdam Neptune is not providing what is standard on the other ships and why this has not been corrected in all these months. Avoidance of an issue is always so much easier than the truth if one can get away with it. Evidently no pax so far has been willing to really push the point that the Westerdam is cheating its suite guests of what the Neptune should be offering. So the concierges are able to "play dumb" and get away with it.

To those who I promised a report on...here goes:

Morning there was the dome with fruit and small food items, if we wanted any danish or toast we had to ask for the tray to come out of the back room. They mostly offered it so there wasnt a lot of times you needed to ask for it. Coffee, tea, water, grape juice and orange juice were always avaiable. On the side board in the morning there were different cereals and bowls from that point on there was nothing on the sideboards the rest of the day. Mid day they had the little sandwiches etc in the dome but again nothing on the sideboard, water, tea and grapejuice avaiable in the cooler things and your regular coffees and hot teas. late afternoon, exactly the same some more deserts in the dome but NEVER anything on the sideboard. One gentleman was asking where all the items were that are on the other ships sideboards and the gals in the lounge said that all boats are the same. For us it was a good experience but we had never been in there before.

Thank you for the update.

We weren't even offered any pastries or toast back in March/April.

Sad that the Westerdam is not offering what the other ships do.

We used to love to sail on that ship -- did several repositioning cruises on her.

Won't sail on her anymore.

That's too bad :( We sailed the Westerdam last September. I only went in to the Neptune a few times, though DH went several times more, and the sideboard was always full. I particularly liked the pastries in the morning and the selection of chocolates in the afternoon. There was no glass cover on the sideboard though.

The removal of many items in the Neptune Lounge on the Westerdam started March 2013.

They claim it is because there is no sneeze guard.

It does not take this many months to make one.

It can be as simple as the one the Amsterdam. It does not have to be elaborate like the one on the Noordam, etc.

2012_Amsterdam_ship_pictures_062.JPG

I have not been on Holland America in 10 years, so have to ask this question. What is the Neptune Lounge? Thanks. Will be on the Westerdam in December.

The Neptune Lounge is a room for the Neptune suite (and Penthouse) passengers. It is staffed all day (7-7 basically) and offers snacks and assistance.

DaveOKC

Thank you for reporting what you found on the Westerdam. So sad, as she is our favorite... but we won't sail on her until/unless this issue is resolved.

I'm a 'pastry for breakfast' person. We loved the previous offerings, and cannot justify the suite expense without those little things that make the experience special for us.

We will be on the Westerdam in December and this is sad. :( I do not understand why they are not just fixing it? Someone with "power" from this CC board needs to talk to HAL! :)

The HAL cheerleaders need to do that -- I am not one of them.

If you read these boards enough -- you can figure out who they are.;)

Thank you for reporting what you found on the Westerdam. So sad, as she is our favorite... but we won't sail on her until/unless this issue is resolved.

I'm a 'pastry for breakfast' person. We loved the previous offerings, and cannot justify the suite expense without those little things that make the experience special for us.

We usually go the Pinnacle for breakfast.

But when we have tours and need to leave early -- we like to eat in the Neptune Lounge -- make toast or bagels and have some fresh fruit and cereal.

That was gone and we had to go to the Lido a couple of mornings. Bummer!!

Archived