EZ Check in Ft. Lauderdale

kdkmilwaukee

Hi - does anyone know if Southwest Airlines is among those that offers services through EZ Check in Ft. Lauderdale?

We're looking for flights for our January 2014 cruise, and there is a nonstop return flight that we're eyeing up...though it wouldn't leave until 5:30 pm that night. It'd be great to do away with our luggage and explore the city for the afternoon versus being trapped at check-in for hours upon hours until we can check our bags.

Thanks very much!

Hi - does anyone know if Southwest Airlines is among those that offers services through EZ Check in Ft. Lauderdale?

We're looking for flights for our January 2014 cruise, and there is a nonstop return flight that we're eyeing up...though it wouldn't leave until 5:30 pm that night. It'd be great to do away with our luggage and explore the city for the afternoon versus being trapped at check-in for hours upon hours until we can check our bags.

Thanks very much!

Yes, SWA participates in the EZ Check service at FLL, it's a great service. I wish LAX hadEZ Chec also:(

Yes, SWA participates in the EZ Check service at FLL, it's a great service. I wish LAX hadEZ Chec also:(

I called Princess before I checked back here, and was told that the following airlines utilize EZ Check out of FLL:

American

Jet Blue

Delta

Air Tran (though, wasn't Air Tran acquired by Southwest? Or am I making this up?)

United

US Air

So...I was basically told that SWA does not utilize EZ Check at FLL. Barbara, I like your answer much better :rolleyes:. Have you used it for SWA out of FLL before? Please say yes! Was it recent?

As a follow-up question: do most of the cruises out of FLL use EZ Check?

As far as Princess cruises go, I know the Crown and Ruby do offer the EZ Check service out of FLL. It is such a great service!

I'm crossing my fingers that BarbaraP has better info that the Princess rep I spoke with earlier today, and we can add Southwest Airlines to the list of airlines that are awesome/use EZ Check!

Thank you! I did find this older thread before starting the new one today, but seeing as how things change pretty frequently, I gave Princess a call directly. It seems the list has changed a bit, and SWA wasn't among the airlines that utilize the service. I hope that the Princess rep had out of date info. One can hope...

Thanks very much!

We flew Southwest last year out of FLL and they were not.:mad:

I believe the first of the season Princess cruises out of FLL start in October. If the contracts/agreements with the airlines are seasonal (which would make business sense), the OP may need to wait until reports come back from actual passengers.

I called Princess before I checked back here, and was told that the following airlines utilize EZ Check out of FLL:

American

Jet Blue

Delta

Air Tran (though, wasn't Air Tran acquired by Southwest? Or am I making this up?)

United

US Air

So...I was basically told that SWA does not utilize EZ Check at FLL. Barbara, I like your answer much better :rolleyes:. Have you used it for SWA out of FLL before? Please say yes! Was it recent?

:DYes, we used EZ check out of FLL this April 2013, and many other times out of FLL in the past.

• 2 months later...
Just wondering if any folks who have been on the Royal departing from Ft. Lauderdale know whether Southwest Airlines is, indeed, on the EZ Check list.

Crossing my fingers...! And thanks!

Yes. It was on the list two weeks ago for the T/A disembarkation:

ImageUploadedByForums1384409974.002415.jpg.a71f2ae93f9b35e508d03a38963b9bd9.jpg

Just got off the Emerald in FLL Saturday, flew Southwest and yes, EZ check was offered.

It was a 14 day cold weather cruise, bag was 44 lbs., nice having it checked through, worked like a charm. I flew direct from FLL to MKE, I'll use it again.

The only hang up was I was directed to a line where people had their big luggage and were handing it to the driver. I mentioned I had EZ check and they let me right on the bus.

Just wondering if any folks who have been on the Royal departing from Ft. Lauderdale know whether Southwest Airlines is, indeed, on the EZ Check list.

Crossing my fingers...! And thanks!

Absolutely it is....I just used it this past Sunday departing from the Royal and flying Southwest out of FLL. It's a perk I really enjoy.

Cheers!

JNathan