An Exciting Announcement From RCI Australia ???

Sparky74

They are linked though. Quite often if I call RCL about something and if the telephones are busy in Sydney it automatically switches me through to an Agent in the USA no matter what the time is in the USA. They will do a booking or answer Australia questions for anything RCCL.

Jill:)

I find the agents in the US to be quite pleasant. These agents are trained to answer Australian calls and queries.

Friday can't come around soon enough! I hope it's worth the hype and wait! :)

Another Theory

Royal Caribbean say "Exciting Announcement".

Exciting and Explorer?

It could be the Explorer of the Seas making a visit to Australia in 2015. Explorer of the Seas has no cruises to book after 9 January 2015.

It is possible it will be relocated from Port Canaveral to Asia via Cape Horn and Sydney. Royal have said they want to increase capacity in Asia.

But it also could be that Explorer sails the 12-night-Mediterranean itineraries in 2015 on which Serenade operates in 2013 and 2014... Serenade is likely to sail in Northern Europe in 2015 and I do not think that RCI suspends the 12 night med cruises, because they are so popular - maybe on these cruises they also increase the capacity by a larger ship. ;)

Maybe Independence could move to Asia and Australia??

Or Legend returns to Asia and Australia as well. :D

But why do you all think that Radiance could leave Australia/NZ?

Everyone has it all wrong! They are going to start regular sailings from Fremantle and then do China in the off season:)

The popularity of the Asian cruises from WA with both Aussies and Asians plus plenty of US Citizens wanting a south east Asian cruise experience it all makes perfect sense:D

Who doesnt want magical Bali? even most West Aussies who can fly there for $100 and return for $59:)

Bout time you lot had to fly west for a decent cruise itinerery:D:D:D

Maybe Independence could move to Asia and Australia??

Or Legend returns to Asia and Australia as well. :D

But why do you all think that Radiance could leave Australia/NZ?

I do not think any of us on this forum think we are going to lose Radiance of the Seas here in Australia.

We are thinking 4 ships for Aussie during our Summer.

Rhapsody

Radiance

Voyager

Plus one extra if this so called "Exciting Announcement" is about a extra ship for Australia. We will know on Thursday. It could be one of many RCCL ships.

I am picking Explorer and Mariner as the most likely as these 2 ships do not have full schedules for the 2014 - 2015 season.

I think Royal would want to release Oasis and Quantum class ship info first for 2015/2016 year before Australia/Asia.

Most lines try to make ships very similar e.g. RCL have similar approaches and fitouts e.g. rock walls where possible, and Celebrity have 'Solsticized' old ships to again make them similar - and increase revenue.

So I suppose they are all targeting a particular demographic of cruiser. :D

Yes, they all want a slice (or two) of the cruiser pie.:D

I am picking Explorer and Mariner as the most likely as these 2 ships do not have full schedules for the 2014 - 2015 season.

I think Royal would want to release Oasis and Quantum class ship info first for 2015/2016 year before Australia/Asia.

Yeah, the third Quantum ship for Asia and Australia could well be...:)

I also think the 4th additional ship could well be Mariner.

The cruises after may 2014 are listed but you cannot book them - maybe RCI changes the itineraries... :confused:

On her final listed cruise in 2014 (Nov 04 - 12, 2014) she arrives in Singapore, the 12th of Nov, 2014. Maybe after that she goes on a repositioning cruise to Australia...

And if Rhapsody stays year-round in Australia/NZ in 2015, Mariner could replace Rhapsody out of Seattle. ;)

My theory.

Just to throw in another thought...

The announcement may not be what we are all thinking...:eek:

I have never seen such ridiculously cheap prices being quoted as those for the upcoming cruise season.

Diamond Princess fares are at an all time low .

They appear to be struggling to fill the ship.

Is our market saturated?

Have all those who can afford to cruise , taken a cruise and are now more discerning?

Cruising will only boom if the economy does the same.;)

Just to throw in another thought...

The announcement may not be what we are all thinking...:eek:

I have never seen such ridiculously cheap prices being quoted as those for the upcoming cruise season.

Diamond Princess fares are at an all time low .

They appear to be struggling to fill the ship.

Is our market saturated?

Have all those who can afford to cruise , taken a cruise and are now more discerning?

Cruising will only boom if the economy does the same.;)

To be fair, the recent specials are good - but not out of place with those a few years ago.

And it's not widespread, so having occasional spot specials isn't uncommong.

To be fair, the recent specials are good - but not out of place with those a few years ago.

I realise all that and it all bodes well.

The other thing to remember is that as well as more ships here now, the ships have a much greater capacity which makes cruising more affordable and puts it into the realms of the "mass market".

Cruising is now putting up a direct and aggresive challenge to land based holidays....

Look out Motorhome and the Queensland Vacation Industries.:D

The other thing to remember is that as well as more ships here now, the ships have a much greater capacity which makes cruising more affordable and puts it into the realms of the "mass market".

Cruising is now putting up a direct and aggresive challenge to land based holidays....

It is providing the Grey Nomads with some variety as well as catering to younger demographics.:D

Yes, this grey nomad has recently sold her little motorhome as once you factor in all the costs to drive yourself, it's cheaper to cruise AND you get waited on hand and foot! :)

I can now afford to cruise 3 times per year whereas the motorhome was starting to gather cobwebs because of the increased costs involved!

Gae

Yes, this grey nomad has recently sold her little motorhome as once you factor in all the costs to drive yourself, it's cheaper to cruise AND you get waited on hand and foot! :)

I can now afford to cruise 3 times per year whereas the motorhome was starting to gather cobwebs because of the increased costs involved!

Gae

Doing it yourself certainly cannot compare to all the service on a cruise liner.:D

I tend to agree with this. My "perception" is that, since we started cruising in 2007, is that cruising has become much more common (everybody we talk to these days seems to be either going or has been on a cruise) - and good "deals" are a bit fewer and farer apart ( is that a word??) than they were a few years ago. BUT - I haven't particularly looked at Diamond Princess for next season -- but I did think that the inside deal we got on VOS to NZ last year (14 days for $1250 - and that was just "normal" price) was good and may have set the scene for the larger ships this year.

So - frankly, I am getting mixed messages -- my own thoughts are that some cruises are getting more expensive (cruises out of Brisbane??) -- while others are more competitive (big ships out of Sydney??)

Barry

See post #205 in this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=39972998&posted=1#post39972998

Voyager seems to get a retractable roof in the solarium pool, so maybe she sails the Alaska itineraries from May to Sep 2015!

So probably Mariner replaces Voyager, or Voyager will be wintered in Australia and RCI has 4 ships than in AU/NZ...:)

Archived