An Exciting Announcement From RCI Australia ???

Sparky74

Hmmm, maybe they are going to base a ship here and use Aussie dollars. Or maybe they are going to provide self service laundries and sail away parties. Or maybe they are going to simplify their complicated gratuities set-up.

Just kidding:) more likely we will get Rhapsody OTS full time, which is great, more choice and more competition.....bring it on.

Oasis of the Seas to be based in Sydney doing a 7 day Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Melbourne circuit. The other option is Lobster night will be introduced to coincide with the first formal night.

Do you seriously think we have the population or port infer structure to support Oasis OTS?

There upgrading me to a suite on my first RCL cruise with them. :D

Nah. Probably, a ship will be based here full time sailing out of Melbourne :D

There was a rumour that Mariner of the Seas would be joining the other 3 ships here.

Would prefer that Rhapsody was based here full-time though! Would LOVE to cruise to the South Pacific during our winter months!

There was a rumour that Mariner of the Seas would be joining the other 3 ships here.

Would prefer that Rhapsody was based here full-time though! Would LOVE to cruise to the South Pacific during our winter months!

I thought Mariner had been returned to suit the Asian market, taken out the pub and replaced with a high roller room etc? Definitely wouldn't suit the Aussie market if they've taken out the pub lol.

I would love for a Melbourne based ship, and Rapsody is perfect to visit some of Australia's smaller ports without having to tender.

I agree with the suggestion that the Mariner will be sailing Aust/ New Zealand cruises in Dec 2014 & Jan 2015.

My reasoning is:

1. You currently cant book the Mariner during that period (meaning that they have not announced where it will be). &

2. RCCL currently have very few cruises to NZ available at that time. Radiance & Rhapsody are both doing the islands & Voyager is only doing the North Island.

Just my 2c worth...

Dashman

If they have been listening, and base a good ship here full time, they should be popular.

You only have to look at David's excellent list of "Who is Cruising and When" to see that Aussies cruise overseas in winter.

As the Aussie $ weakens, and with the high cost of airfares, more people would like the opportunity to cruise north in our winter.

Another rumour I've heard is that they are re-locating their Call Centre to somewhere overseas (can't remember where) so wouldn't it be GREAT if we were able to avail ourselves of the same Terms & Conditions that the US & Canadian customers enjoy!

Then we'd be happy to book with local Travel Agents!:)

I can't see them bringing Mariner to Aus. They have specifically made alterations to suit the Asian market. They took out loads of poker machines and replaced them with tables, took out the disco and made it into a high rollers club, took out the pub and rejigged all the shops to high end shopping as well as employing lots. Of Chinese staff. Definitely not a ship for us:p

My guess is Rhapsody will be ours all year :confused:

My guess is also regarding Mariner of the Seas, but not to be based only in Australia but doing the Aussie / Asia area because I too have noticed that in 2014 there are not many cruises on Mariner and the Asian cruises are just being released.

I may be wrong but I am starting the rumour that it is CC members get 50% off their cruise.:D

I really wish people would stop posting these lies...er rumors. It's irritating at best, and a huge disservice at worst.

The offer for CC members is 25% off all 2014-2015 cruises, $50 deposit, and $100 onboard credit if you have over 5,000 posts. Only one obc per stateroom. Offer is only valid for Guarantee staterooms, and cannot be combined with NextCruise or Crown & Anchor coupons.

Edit: Sorry, I do see that those with over 50,000 posts will get a chance to book a cabin at 50% off. It's only limited to certain Australia cruises, and limited to just one offer per eligible person (vs the 25% off which is good for all Royal Caribbean and Celebrity offerings, and can be used on as many sailings as you can physically take).

My apologies.

I really wish people would stop posting these lies...er rumors. It's irritating at best, and a huge disservice at worst.

The offer for CC members is 25% off all 2014-2015 cruises, $50 deposit, and $100 onboard credit if you have over 5,000 posts. Only one obc per stateroom. Offer is only valid for Guarantee staterooms, and cannot be combined with NextCruise or Crown & Anchor coupons.

Edit: Sorry, I do see that those with over 50,000 posts will get a chance to book a cabin at 50% off. It's only limited to certain Australia cruises, and limited to just one offer per eligible person (vs the 25% off which is good for all Royal Caribbean and Celebrity offerings, and can be used on as many sailings as you can physically take).

My apologies.

I like it, :D year round savings/cruising. :D

I like dashman's logic.

Can't see it being a year round change for any ship, as it would be too contrary to their stated position. And Alaska's doing well so no business rationale for upsetting the apple cart.

Call centre layoffs wouldn't mean terms and conditions change. They certainly could consolidate call centres off shore - but still retain separate terms and conditions. No need to combine, and there are business and legal reasons against that.

Archived