An Exciting Announcement From RCI Australia ???

Sparky74

Exactly McCanberra. It's nothing more than a gimmick. And Facebook is letting them know. Except for a couple of try hards saying how exciting it is. Really? Entering into a comp is exciting?

First prize -one ticket to win a cruise.

Second prize, another ticket.:rolleyes:

Exactly McCanberra. It's nothing more than a gimmick. And Facebook is letting them know. Except for a couple of try hards saying how exciting it is. Really? Entering into a comp is exciting?

Actually, I just looked through the comments and there are more comments from different people who are excited about it than not.

Hmm. I don't get Facebook that well but I'm seeing a lot of repetitious posts from one fan person and a few other positive comments but most of the posts are less than excited. I particularly liked this one:

"Seems RCCL hire same advertising genius as domino's pizza with the we are changing everything, and bought out a square pizza.

Marketing people learn if you are going to build hype and suspense then deliver something worth the wait.

Sure win a free cruise great but just announce it.

I think many people including myself are thinking of unliking you on Facebook.

And how about deals for solo cruisers. My first cruise was RCCL and loved it have done 3 more in 18 months none with RCCL as the single supplement is to much. Get with times solo people love to travel."

Hmm. I don't get Facebook that well but I'm seeing a lot of repetitious posts from one fan person and a few other positive comments but most of the posts are less than excited. I particularly liked this one:

"Seems RCCL hire same advertising genius as domino's pizza with the we are changing everything, and bought out a square pizza.

Marketing people learn if you are going to build hype and suspense then deliver something worth the wait.

Sure win a free cruise great but just announce it.

I think many people including myself are thinking of unliking you on Facebook.

And how about deals for solo cruisers. My first cruise was RCCL and loved it have done 3 more in 18 months none with RCCL as the single supplement is to much. Get with times solo people love to travel."

Again, just because it's not of interest to some people, why rain on other's parades?

Seems to be the me, me, me syndrome again...

Again, just because it's not of interest to some people, why rain on other's parades?

Seems to be the me, me, me syndrome again...

Why? RCL made such a fuss of this World First Announcement, and all it is is a competition. I'm just not seeing why they think this is something that we needed to be so hyped about. Nothing to to with me me me at all.

Why? RCL made such a fuss of this World First Announcement, and all it is is a competition. I'm just not seeing why they think this is something that we needed to be so hyped about. Nothing to to with me me me at all.

Yes, they hyped it, but it's facebook, they're always posting something not really important. The prizes are significant so making two posts in advance is reasonable in that context - compared to the usual stuff that's posted it is more exciting!

Nobody's been disadvantaged by it so making a big deal about it if you're not interested is making a bigger fuss than warranted.

Yes, they hyped it, but it's facebook, they're always posting something not really important. The prizes are significant so making two posts in advance is reasonable in that context - compared to the usual stuff that's posted it is more exciting!

Nobody's been disadvantaged by it so making a big deal about it if you're not interested is making a bigger fuss than warranted.

I'm gathering you are a 'Facebooker' and have seen all of this on Facebook then?

Jill:)

Posting a moan on CC is hardly making a big deal about it. Strange you want to stop people having an opinion. You would think you worked for RCI or something. Or maybe you just don't like huge corporations being criticised.....

Posting a moan on CC is hardly making a big deal about it.

No, it's not, and that's not what I commented on. Nice of you to underplay the situation.

Strange you want to stop people having an opinion.

More twisting of words. I have not said anyone shouldn't have an opinion about this.

You would think you worked for RCI or something. Or maybe you just don't like huge corporations being criticised.....

Yawn, yes, of course everything's a conspiracy against the little guy...

What about all those people who like the competition? I guess they don't count, huh. Or in your world, is it only big corporate people who could like the competition?

Maybe you should do some research about instagram and who uses social media before you start with the accusations. Hint: it's not just corporates.

Posting a moan on CC is hardly making a big deal about it. Strange you want to stop people having an opinion. You would think you worked for RCI or something. Or maybe you just don't like huge corporations being criticised.....

Yes you are correct ;) Well done, but you will get used to it:)

Yes, but they hyped it as a "World First". A competition is by no means a "world first". I have seen plenty of facebook and instagram comps, many giving away free holidays. What on earth about all this makes it a "world first" ... ?:confused:

It wasn't the competition that was a world first - they said it was the world's first Instagram film festival.

I've no idea if that's true or not, though the claim appears to be marketing hype. But then, that's what a lot of marketing is now... (Me, cynical?)

It wasn't the competition that was a world first - they said it was the world's first Instagram film festival.

I've no idea if that's true or not, though the claim appears to be marketing hype. But then, that's what a lot of marketing is now... (Me, cynical?)

The first in the world on a ship in Sydney Harbour!

• 1 month later...

Archived