Internet Access

Sea Do

You did not mention which ship. We did have a wired connection on the R ships

OS and VS but you would need a pretty long cord to get it on either balcony.

We're on the Riviera for 26 days. Thanks for the replies.

I would say yes. If your getting it free it's for cruiser 1 & 2. So you could use 2 items.

We just got are billing for one cruise with free internet, and it stated p1 and p2

Rick

If you were answering my question then perhaps I wasn't clear in asking it. My concern is whether or not you can connect your laptop in a room with a ethernet or cat 5 cable type directly to the computer and not connect by wifi.

If you were answering my question then perhaps I wasn't clear in asking it. My concern is whether or not you can connect your laptop in a room with a ethernet or cat 5 cable type directly to the computer and not connect by wifi.

Just off Marina last month and I do not recall seeing an ethernet port or cable in our Verandah room. Blackboard is the pits (I used to be a TA in college) so I feel your wife's pain.

Maybe a dumb question: I was told concierge class will have a laptop and IPad in the cabin, so do we still buy internet minutes? Also, is it possible to use my own IPad with ATT global in the Mediterranean? I was able to do this in the Caribbean as well as my iPhone.

Maybe a dumb question: I was told concierge class will have a laptop and IPad in the cabin, so do we still buy internet minutes? Also, is it possible to use my own IPad with ATT global in the Mediterranean? I was able to do this in the Caribbean as well as my iPhone.

I would bring your own laptop

Yes you need to pay for the package unless like already stated your cruise has the free internet

You might be able to use your ATT Global in ports but not at sea.

At sea you will connect to the ship's wifi.

To complete Pauls thought and not confuse the requester, you can use your phone in ports but, you will NOT be connected to ATT, you will be connecting to the local phone company and roaming internationally which is extremely expensive. ATT does sell packages but, they are in addition to your current plans and still expensive and extremely expensive for data. Believe phone calls in and out are $2.95/minute and data is about $25/25 megabytes. That is what I saw about a year ago so check with ATT for current rates.

As to on board, yes, for data you would be using the ships wifi but, you can use your phone for calls while on board but, again expensive and thru the ships satellite provider and don't believe available at ATT rate plans. If you have to make phone calls, find wifi in ports and use Skype or other similar Apps. Even if you have to buy a beer or coffee to get the password, Skype is extremely reasonable.

Archived