Veterans cabin credit

Mickeyc5

This has to be done prior to boarding, the good folks at the Purser's desk won't be able to do anything.

There's a particular dept. at Princess your main squeeze has to send his DD214, plus a form from Princess, to. Or, if you used a TA to book your cruise, have them send in the appropriate paperwork. I'm sure others will chime in with the address at Princess to send in the necessary info.

Usually this only needs to be done once, Princess will keep the info on file and will apply the credit automatically for subsequent cruises.

Military Benefit for Veterans and Active/Retired Personnel

To thank the brave men and women of the American and Canadian militaries for their service, Princess Cruises offers up to $250 free onboard spending money* for veterans as well as active, retired or disabled military personnel. This special military benefit is eligible on any cruise, any time of the year and can be used to purchase a wide variety of amenities and experiences including Lotus Spa treatments; dining in our specialty restaurants; gifts, jewelry and clothing in our onboard boutiques; and Princess Cruises shore excursions.

Military Benefits: Up to $250 Free Onboard Spending Money*

Cruise LengthAmount14 days or longer$250 per person7 - 13 days$100 per person6 days or less$50 per person

*Free onboard money is in the form of an onboard credit. The onboard credit is converted to the operational currency onboard the vessel and is applied to the folio of the veteran or active duty personnel's stateroom.

Military Benefit Application

To request this benefit, please download and complete the form then submit together with a copy of the required proof of eligibility indicated below. Please ensure that documentation provided has the Social Security Number crossed out. You can submit via email, fax or mail:

Email:militarybenefit@princesscruises.comFax661) 753-1394Mail:24305 Town Center Drive

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

pdf_icon.gif

Military Benefit Application

Once approved, the onboard spending money will be automatically applied to any future cruise you book! This special benefit is available to you on any cruise and is combinable with other deals.

Applications to receive this benefit must be made no later than 14 days to cruise departure date. Requests will be handled within 7 days. Once your request has been processed, an updated Booking Confirmation will be forwarded to you or your travel agent. Onboard spending money can be applied before or after you have booked your cruise.

*Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced rate or complimentary basis are excluded.

Each eligible vet can get it, so if you and your DW are both eligible, you can both get it. Amount is based on the length of the cruise.

Less than 7 days = $50

7 to 13 days -= $100

14 or more = $250.

Also, it is not a one time thing. Every time you sail with Princess, you will get the OBC

So I find my DD214 and see that I served 1year, 11months and 27 days. Of course I was honorably discharged but the Princess form says you must have served 2 years. Does anyone know or care to speculate as to whether I'll get the OBC?

Send in your paperwork. The worst that can happen is they say no. You won't be in any worse position than not sending it in.

So I find my DD214 and see that I served 1year, 11months and 27 days. Of course I was honorably discharged but the Princess form says you must have served 2 years. Does anyone know or care to speculate as to whether I'll get the OBC?

Only 3 days short? Just tell them it was a leap year.. LOL

Only 3 days short? Just tell them it was a leap year.. LOL

Don't laugh! DH is fighting this exact same issue with the VA right now; one day short due to a leap year. Of course, with the VA backlog, this has been ongoing for 4 years now.

OP- Princess isn't the most efficiently run organization on the planet but they're eons ahead of the military. I think they'll accept your DD-214, but let us know how it goes.

The Princess Military Benefit Application (http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf) provides an exception of 90 days to the 2 year minimum if you received an educational discharge. They may consider it an educational discharge even if it were for some other reason. In any case, it can't hurt to submit the documentation.

The Princess Military Benefit Application (http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf) provides an exception of 90 days to the 2 year minimum if you received an educational discharge. They may consider it an educational discharge even if it were for some other reason. In any case, it can't hurt to submit the documentation.

Very astute observation as it was to attend school. Thank you.

1. You'll get the OBC!
  2. I'll see you on board the CB. I'll be happy to buy you a drink and toast your (1 year 11 months and 27 days of) service!

Rick

Another way to qualify is to have served 6 months in an active combat zone.

One point not brought up in this thread is that the military credit is given to all military veterans, active duty etc. So if both occupants of the cabin (usually husband and wife) are military, then both can get the OBC!

The CEO of Princess is a Viet Nam veteran and active I am told in veteran affairs.

I am a Navy vet and DH is a USCG vet. We both get the OBC and that, along with the shareholder benefits we also receive, makes Princess VERY generous indeed.

I always take a copy of my DD214 on the cruise with me. Once the ship did not have a record of it, I showed them my form and they checked with the Home office and all was good. For our next cruise that we booked back in June we had to call and ask them about it this as it was not showing up, they quickly added to our Cruise Personalizer. Always check things over twice, 'cuz we all make mistakes.:D

That is correct. Get with your TA and have him/her set it up. Once you are in the system it will automatically be credited on each future booking. I have been receiving it for the past four years.

Sent from my KFTT using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Archived