What to drink at the MDR

voyager89

I have a question I always wanted to ask

Is there anything else to drink when dining at the MDR other than champagne and wine? I can drink them, but I dont really enjoy them, guess I am not classy enough to dine there :eek:

Plain water doesnt appeal to me and I was ashamed to ask the waiter :p

Is there anything else to drink when dining at the MDR other than champagne and wine?

You can have anything you want. What are you looking for? Iced tea, water, lemonade, milk, tea, and coffee (regular, not specialty) are all included in your cruise fare. Just ask your Assistant Waiter for these items. If you want an alcoholic or other non-alcoholic drink like a virgin cocktail or a can of soda, ask your bar server who will be coming around, and you will be asked for your Sea Pass card to charge these items to your account.

Hope this helps. :)

Is there anything else to drink when dining at the MDR other than champagne and wine? I can drink them, but I dont really enjoy them, guess I am not classy enough to dine there :eek:

Ice tea is generally always available. They will also get you a soda if you ask. They run a little over 2.00 a can.

You can order any beverage you want; sodas, alcohol and sparkling water, bottled water and espresso based coffee drinks carry a surcharge. Tap water, coffee, tea, iced tea and possibly some juices are no charge. Don't worry about the MDR being too classy; it is far from elitist on a mass market cruise line - it is just like a large banquet hall type atmosphere.

You can have anything you want. What are you looking for? Iced tea, water, lemonade, milk, tea, and coffee (regular, not specialty) are all included in your cruise fare. Just ask your Assistant Waiter for these items. If you want an alcoholic or other non-alcoholic drink like a virgin cocktail or a can of soda, ask your bar server who will be coming around, and you will be asked for your Sea Pass card to charge these items to your account.

Hope this helps. :)

Good advice. Also, if you are the type that wants a certain, specific drink every night, and you dine at the same time, mention it to the bar server. I ordered gin and tonic my first two nights on a past cruise, and after that the bar server had one for me waiting each evening. I liked the initiative on his part, and it was nice knowing that I didn't have to seek him out each evening. A win for both of us. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

...and it was nice knowing that I didn't have to seek him out each evening. A win for both of us. :)

Completely. :) I like that aspect of it too. Years ago when I had stomach issues, I just wanted a glass of milk with dinner and after the second night, it was there waiting for me without fail. Win-win. :)

I usually bring a vodka tonic into the dining room with me....sometimes, it takes awhile for a bar waiter to appear!

You can have at no extra charge, ice water, tea (hot or iced), coffee, or milk at dinner. If you want alcohol, I'd advise stoppiing by a bar and getting whatever you want. Beer, cocktails,, etc..... You can get soda....if you don't have the soda package, they will bring you a can....and charge you $2.50

You don't have to drink a "wine" product!

If we bought the soda packages, do we need to bring the mugs with us to the MDR or do they just bring you glasses of soda to the table? I thought I saw that there's a sticker of some type on the SeaPass, so I assume you can show that to your waiter instead of handing them your mug?

If you have the soda package, you can get soda in the MDR with your meal included in the package. We always get the soda package, and I always have at least three Sprite Zero's with my meal.

The MDR is not a five star restaurant, but more like a nice wedding banquet. You can order whatever you want.

Even in the specialty restaurants you can get whatever you want. You are not required to drink anything specific!

If we bought the soda packages, do we need to bring the mugs with us to the MDR or do they just bring you glasses of soda to the table? I thought I saw that there's a sticker of some type on the SeaPass, so I assume you can show that to your waiter instead of handing them your mug?

They will bring you glasses, no need for your mug. If you pre order the soda package, the soda indicator will actually be printed on your sea pass. If you order on board, you'll get a sticker.

Thanks! That's what I figured, but I figured it can't hurt to double check.

We just pre-purchased two soda packages, one for my wife (a Diet Coke addict) and we figured the rest of us could share the other one. Our boys don't drink a lot of soda, so we thought it would be a waste to buy them each a package.

Archived