Minor is D+ will cabin get perks

mnh

You should call up C&A and link her status to him by way of family relation if they reside in the same home. I believe everyone in the party will get priority boarding together, but if he is not linked he doesn't get D+ perks. If he is linked, he will.

If he has never cruised before with RCI I don't know if they will link him to her until AFTER the first completed cruise. Worth the phone call. Even if they won't link them together they do offer discounts for "new referrals"

What an interesting situation! I would call RCI to find out for sure because we can only speculate.

I know a child will "inherit" the status of a parent up until age 18. But I've never heard of a parent "inheriting" the status of a child. My guess would be no, but stranger things have happened!

What an interesting situation! I would call RCI to find out for sure because we can only speculate.

I know a child will "inherit" the status of a parent up until age 18. But I've never heard of a parent "inheriting" the status of a child. My guess would be no, but stranger things have happened!

You're right, it is interesting and I'd be curious to hear what they have to say. I'd just call and say "I want to add my relative; we have the same legal address." C&A seems to care more about legal residence than actual relationship status as one could be verified and the other can mean anything people think it means.

Would seem discriminatory to go from adult to child, but not child to adult.

She will be entitled to the balcony discount, priority boarding etc., my parents were granted my Diamond status when they signed up for C&A after their first cruise, but were told that they would not progress to D+ until they had earned credits in their own right

You may be right on that I didn't think about it that way. As long as the newbie dad and daughter are at the same address I would think he would get D+ status.

On another note. The referral discount would be given if they used the balcony discount since it can not be combined with anything else. The balcony discount is so much better anyways. Once your reach Diamond the balcony discounts generally are better than any other promotion anyways.

My gd is 14 and D+ on her own. If she is cruising with her newbie dad will their cabin get priority boarding, D+ balcony discount and access to DL or CL lounge?

I believe at her age she cannot get into the DL during the cocktail hours 5-8:30pm...but she does have access to the CL regardless.

My gd is 14 and D+ on her own. If she is cruising with her newbie dad will their cabin get priority boarding, D+ balcony discount and access to DL or CL lounge?

Really interesting situation. Please come back to us and let us know what they tell you. :)

Not really. Normally, only someone under the age of 18 will inherit status. In this case, the non Diamond is over the age of 18 (presumably).

I agree with this but I'm interested to hear what they will say. You never know, depending on who you get on the phone.

Please do come back and relate the information. My daughter is going in a cruise with a friend and that will put her at emerald but we are at platinum. I am hoping that we can go to emerald for the little extra balcony discount next cruise.

My kids took an additional cruise with their grandparents, so they reached Emerald before we did. We were not granted their status (even though we live in the same household and all of their other cruises were taken with us) There was no CL or Diamond lounge privileges involved in our case, so we just accepted it and booked one child and one adult into each cabin in order to take advantage of their balcony discount and gifts.

We'll find out in a couple of weeks. GS is D (sails with us a lot), his parents are just doing their second cruise. I doubt they will "inherit" his status, but we're on Enchantment in October with them, so it will be interesting to see what happens.:)

I am the OP and have been in meetings all day ....I will call C/A tomorrow.

My gd does not live with her father...he is Chicago and we are in Dallas. I am mainly interested in the priority boarding with me and the balcony discount.

I am also on the cruise and thought about booking his wife with me and his daughter with him then getting extra keys when we board to "switch back"

I know it is sneaky but we earned our D+ status the hard way....I have 42 cruises and at 14 she has 23.....so I don't feel too bad!

:confused::confused: Maybe I haven't been a member very long, but I would LOVE to know what all the abbreviations are for! Can someone give me a clue???

OP = ? Original Poster

GP = ? Grand Parent

D+ = ? Diamond Plus (C&A Status Level)

DL = ? Diamond Lounge

CL = ? Concierge Lounge

C&A = ? Crown & Anchor - Repeat Cruiser Loyalty Program

Thanks!!!!!

These abbreviations are used a lot on cc - there has been lists made. If I knew how to use the search function I could guide you to a thread where a bunch would be listed.

Common ones include D for Dear as in DW (wife), DH (husband), DS (son) or DD (daughter) etc. Replace D with G and you get the next generation :)

Happy cruising

• 4 months later...
What are the perks for minors who are Diamond and up status?

Balcony discount would apply. Diamond breakfast if the ship has it. Continental breakfast in the Diamond Lounge. Welcome aboard beverage.

Edited by clarea