Countdown to 2015 Voyages

Stumblefoot

Thanks for posting the countdown link Stumblefoot. Coincides with what Silversea Headquarters travel consultant told us yesterday, 2015 (beyond Mar 2015)open Monday, Sept 30th We've been told (SS HQ travel consultant, Marie) that the June 20th, 2015 Cloud Norway/Russia 17 day voyage will include some key Norwegian Fjord ports as well as Archangel & Murmansk in Russia. She did not have access to the port detail day by day yesterday, but the 2015 Cloud voyage will be similar to the June 2014 Cloud voyage. We're esp. keen on knowing embark/disembark ports. We (and another SS couple) will book this 2015 voyage when bookings open Monday.

Hi. I think the Silversea website is a bit confusing on this. While it does say that 2015 will be released 4 days from today (plus x hours and y minutes), it also lists September 30, which is Monday. I guess best to check both days.

I guess I'm now confused.

The ticker says 4 days and 1 hour. I'm looking at the European ticker. So it's taking us to just 0.01h Monday September the 30th. That fits with Stumblefoot's given time. i think!

If I add the hour to midnight today, I count 4 days between now and then. How many days do you count between now and then?

According to the Silversea home page, 2015 voyages will be released this Sunday, Sep. 29 at 6:00p EDT. Click this link to the countdown ticker.

What ports are you hoping to see in the 2015 program? I for one am hoping to see Wrangell, Alaska added back in for the summer of '15.

Thanks for the heads up, we weren't expecting them to be released just yet so this is great news. We already have big plans for lots of time off from work in 2015, so being able to plan our cruises now is very helpful.

I guess I'm now confused.

The ticker says 4 days and 1 hour. I'm looking at the European ticker. So it's taking us to just 0.01h Monday September the 30th. That fits with Stumblefoot's given time. i think!

If I add the hour to midnight today, I count 4 days between now and then. How many days do you count between now and then?

Stumblefoot's first message said that the 2015 voyages would be released on Sunday, Sep. 29 at 6:00p EDT. So I'm a bit confused by your message above.

Sorry Stumblefoot-meant brimary:confused:
;) No worries!

Some people would think we are crazy for planning 2015 and beyond cruises. I know some people who book their cruise a few months before they go and here we book them very far in advance.
I think the same thing about myself... Am I really this nuts?

Stumblefoot's first message said that the 2015 voyages would be released on Sunday, Sep. 29 at 6:00p EDT. So I'm a bit confused by your message above.

Which in mainland Western Europe is Monday 30th of September. That's what was confusing, as drron pointed out. We have to remember we're all on different time zones! :)

;) No worries!

If you are, then so are we?:D

We've booked last minute twice. We've booked several months ahead twice too. I do prefer booking a long way in advance and having plenty of time to plan.

Our last cruise was booked about a week prior to departure and we just didn't have the time, or inclination to do much planning for it. As a result, I felt we missed out to some extent, particularly with regard to excursions. (It was a Baltic cruise with 3 days in St. Petersburg, so for me it absolutely required planning beforehand). Our first cruise was Western Med, an area we're very familiar with, so booking late wasn't so much of a problem.

;) No worries!

There's an old quote - anticipation sometimes exceeds realization -- but in my experience anticipation only enhances the realization of a SS cruise, culminating in taking that first step to board. It's ALWAYS exciting, no matter how many times I've done it.:)

Nothing wrong with planning far ahead.
Thanks for encouraging me!

We've booked last minute twice. We've booked several months ahead twice too. I do prefer booking a long way in advance and having plenty of time to plan.
We have only been cruising since 2008 and until this year, had only booked a few months in advance. It was so fun to select our family cruise for the summer of '14 when we were on board the Cloud this past June. That simple decision has made it a lot of fun for all of us as we've been planning our pre and post cruise land adventures for next June and July.

There's an old quote - anticipation sometimes exceeds realization -- but in my experience anticipation only enhances the realization of a SS cruise, culminating in taking that first step to board.
So true! I don't know what it is, but there's something special about stepping aboard the ship again. I guess it was that feeling of comfort and excitement for adventure that led us to put a floating deposit down for a 2015 voyage. And, while we have plenty of time to make a decision, I know I'll be like a kid in a candy shop dreaming of all the choices available next week when the '15 voyages are released.

Thanks for encouraging me!

We have only been cruising since 2008 and until this year, had only booked a few months in advance. It was so fun to select our family cruise for the summer of '14 when we were on board the Cloud this past June. That simple decision has made it a lot of fun for all of us as we've been planning our pre and post cruise land adventures for next June and July.

Yes, totally with you on this.

We're not looking at having much time available for travel in 2014, so being able to make our plans for 2015 is so exciting.

I'm sure that we will get away somewhere between now and then, but just knowing we can plan and book something even so far off will keep me going through a tough winter. :)

Just under 6 hours to go...

We're not looking at having much time available for travel in 2014, so being able to make our plans for 2015 is so exciting.
I know what you mean. The great recession really took the wind out of our sails in '10 and '11, so planning for '12 really kept us afloat back then. While it seems strange to even be thinking about '15, it sure is exciting!

...The countdown clock has disappeared for me but only the world cruises for 2015 still.
Same here in the States. The calendar and voyages haven't been loaded as alluded to by the countdown clock. Ugh!

Excellent Marketing: pique audience interest, create excitement, then fail to deliver the goods. Grrr... :mad:

Archived