The Fort Lauderdale sailaway season gets off to a glorious start

rafinmd

I think the ship near the Zuiderdam is the Zaandam. If you're comparing with the Maasdam (on the side channel), much of the difference may be because the Zuiderdam is a lot closer and looks bigger. It definitely is bigger (in all directions) but I think most of the increased size is in height.

Roy

Yes, the "Zs" are on the right in the turning basin area at 90 degrees to eachother, the Maasdam on the left.

Anyone know how to copy the image....when I right click I don't get that option. Wanted to send a pic of the 3 ships to a friend.

Thanks

Marge

Flash Player doesn't allow for right click copying. You can do a screen shot or get some shareware that will allow you to copy a portion of the screen. Ask Joanie, she gets some very good screen shots.

As shown on this site:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?&zoom=13&centerx=-80.1343&centery=26.14285

You are correct. the Z's are together and the Maasdam on teh side channel.

Hi Royalwood - you'll also see the positions on the GPS map if you scroll down from the webcam. Just checking in case you haven't discovered that yet.:)

Thanks for the answers about the 90 minute rule.

Someone's flight is JUST landing. Sounds like two people may not be cruising today.

Yet another example of why you should never fly in the day of the cruise. Sounds like the captain might wait for one of them, though. But not the "independent".

It sounds like a crew member is late for one ship and on another there are two people not present. They're doing a muster count now. One person is due to land at the airport any minute. I wonder if they have to wait if it's a HAL flight?

I'm back, and it looks as if there are still three ships there - unless my screen is frozen!:D Happy I made it in time.

'Bout time you got here:D You've missed lots, better scroll up and catch up, LOL. But sailaways are delayed.

Thanks for the answers about the 90 minute rule.

Someone's flight is JUST landing. Sounds like two people may not be cruising today.

I hope you're not planning to fly in for your QE voyage on the day of departure.

Roy

In 2003 we had a salon lady miss the ship in St Thomas. She kept yelling and yelling and the captain wouldn't stop the ship.

We had a sea day and HMC. When we got back in Ft Lauderdale -- she was fired. We were on a back-to-back cruise and were out on our verandah when her father and her came back to the ship to pick up all her things.

Archived