The Fort Lauderdale sailaway season gets off to a glorious start

rafinmd

FYI, here's Lou and Dave's full lineup for today. All times are Eastern except for the Explorer of the Seas which is Atlantic time or 1500 Eastern.

PB | EXPLORER OF THE SEAS | 16:00

PE | MAASDAM | 16:00

PE | ZAANDAM | 16:00

PE | ZUIDERDAM | 16:00

PM | CARNIVAL IMAGINATION | 16:00

PM | MAJESTY OF THE SEAS | 16:30

PM | NORWEGIAN SKY | 17:00

PM | NORWEGIAN PEARL | 17:00

PC | ENCHANTMENT OF THE SEAS | 16:30

Roy

I have tried a few times. I was using Chrome. Switched to IE and I get live cams now. Very weird.

If you are using anything with Chrome that blocks ads, PTZ won't display the live displays. I have to use Chrome in "incognito" mode, accessed by a click on the menu tool on the far top right, to see the live cams.

If you are using anything with Chrome that blocks ads, PTZ won't display the live displays. I have to use Chrome in "incognito" mode, accessed by a click on the menu tool on the far top right, to see the live cams.

Never even thought it would be an ad blocker causing the issue. And using Incognito mode fixed it. Thanks! Looking forward to the "parades" now!

Never even thought it would be an ad blocker causing the issue. And using Incognito mode fixed it. Thanks! Looking forward to the "parades" now!

My guess is that Dave and Lou convince the various camera hosts to provide the camera locations (probably bandwidth and power too) by an ad revenue sharing agreement. Every click makes money! And is fine with me.

Do you think Maasdam will be leaving first, as she is kind of on the "outside" side? I guess we just have to watch for the little white trucks! (And not spill our tea!)

The revised port schedule now has Maasdam at 1700.

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

I suspect the order for the Zaandam and Zuiderdam may be determined by which is ready first, including passenger cooperation on the muster drill.

Roy

Those were imploded over the summer as I remember. It was on the local news. It was an old power plant. They were rather iconic though.

Not just the local news. There was a blastaway thread here and it was also shown live on the CBS Baltimore morning news.

FYI, here's the blastaway thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1880232&highlight=stack

Roy

The revised port schedule now has Maasdam at 1700.

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

I suspect the order for the Zaandam and Zuiderdam may be determined by which is ready first, including passenger cooperation on the muster drill.

Roy

Well dam it anyways. I love seeing the Maasdam go and we have to be somewhere at 6:15 so I guess I will miss that part. I'll be here for a bit though and hopefully will see a couple go. But was looking forward to the Maasdam :(

Oh well, we don't have much of a life - so I'm sure I will see her at another sail a way.

Well dam it anyways. I love seeing the Maasdam go and we have to be somewhere at 6:15 so I guess I will miss that part. I'll be here for a bit though and hopefully will see a couple go. But was looking forward to the Maasdam :(

Oh well, we don't have much of a life - so I'm sure I will see her at another sail a way.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Maasdam passengers give superb cooperation on the muster drill and the ship gets even a bit of an early start and allows you at least a glimpse before you need to leave.

Roy

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Maasdam passengers give superb cooperation on the muster drill and the ship gets even a bit of an early start and allows you at least a glimpse before you need to leave.

Roy

Well thanks :D what will be will be. There aren't many viewers on the webcam today - kind of surprising! I guess people aren't in the 'mode' yet.

Where is everyone today?

I was going to balance my tea on my laptop - but since my lap top is close to gone - it's netbook city today:eek::mad:

Not a good way to start the day. If I didn't know better I would swear that it is Friday the 13th:p

I expect to be here for sailaway today, providing my computer stops acting cranky today for some reason.

Just found out today that a former Pastor of my church will be the Protestant Chaplain on the Zaandam during the Thanksgiving sailing.

First time watching these sailaways, booked on Eurodam in February and first cruise out of the US. If I put the sound up high on my iPad/laptop would I be able to hear as well as see the Sailaway. I've read about the whistle blowing season on this site so really hope to hear it.

Thanks

Archived