The Fort Lauderdale sailaway season gets off to a glorious start

rafinmd

First time watching these sailaways, booked on Eurodam in February and first cruise out of the US. If I put the sound up high on my iPad/laptop would I be able to hear as well as see the Sailaway. I've read about the whistle blowing season on this site so really hope to hear it.

Thanks

I can't get any sound on my iPad so I have to use my laptop for the sound.

First time watching these sailaways, booked on Eurodam in February and first cruise out of the US. If I put the sound up high on my iPad/laptop would I be able to hear as well as see the Sailaway. I've read about the whistle blowing season on this site so really hope to hear it.

Thanks

iPad - no sound -- I can only get sound on my laptop and desk computers.

Thanks

Welcome to the sailaways. While I can't guarantee your results you should be able to get it. You should be hearing some chatter between the port authorities and the ships now. If not there's a little sound meter on the black band at the top of the picture just to the left of "Port Everglades Webcam" (Between that text and the number of viewers) that only shows up if you put your cursor over it. Good luck and let us know how things are going. I don't use an ipad, but there should be some experts among us.

It sounds like the ipad experts say you need something else to hear the sound.

Roy

OK, she just said that if any passengers showed up they could embark because of the medical debark. What about having to be on 90 minutes before sailing???

Actually, I think the rule is they need to give the authorities the relevant information 90 minutes before departure. I think you can physically arrive later if you have done the online checkin.

Roy

OK, she just said that if any passengers showed up they could embark because of the medical debark. What about having to be on 90 minutes before sailing???

Not sure, but maybe if you've registered online and they have the info, you can be cleared to board last minute.

My sound is back on. Sounds like one of ths ships is due to leave soon.

I never realized how much bigger Zuiderdam is than my beloved Maasdam, and I'll be sailing on Noordam this winter. Lots more walking to do.

I think the ship near the Zuiderdam is the Zaandam. If you're comparing with the Maasdam (on the side channel), much of the difference may be because the Zuiderdam is a lot closer and looks bigger. It definitely is bigger (in all directions) but I think most of the increased size is in height.

Roy

Archived