Allure and propulsion problems.

bilyclub

From what I'm seeing in the pictures, it looks like they did end up building a rectangle enclosure, pumped out the water, and are working inside there. I think you can see the water line around that rectangular box. Pretty interesting to see that. I wish there were some pictures from inside that box, and of what they're working on.

Hope the problems was just with the one "whatchaMacallit":eek:

And nothing more.

Sea Ya

Their electrical gauges would let them know of any other problems

I think they have known of this for a while and hoping it would last till scheduled docking

Cheers greg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Checking in on the Allure Webcam shots while in drydock is pretty fascinating. What seems odd, is that the entire ship seems to be fully power up (for example, the Sorrento's is always on). I get that there is crew on board and the power needs to be maintained, but why not scale back? Is it "for show" on the webcams?

Checking in on the Allure Webcam shots while in drydock is pretty fascinating. What seems odd, is that the entire ship seems to be fully power up (for example, the Sorrento's is always on). I get that there is crew on board and the power needs to be maintained, but why not scale back? Is it "for show" on the webcams?

It could be they are running with only one generator. Or possibly shoreside power, if that's even possible.

Wow! Interesting. Am I seeing this right…it looks like they created mini dry docks just around the azipods.

I would think things like the signs are all designed to be lit at all times along with the lighting you presently see to provide minimal lighting because the ship would normally have passengers in the overnight hours if it were not in drydock. The lighting that is present is probably what is needed for periods of time when there are few passengers (or crew) around. In the overall power consumption they are very low wattage as compared to the remainder of the hotel needs of the ship (air conditioning, galley, general lighting, etc.) for the people remaining on board. It probably would be a minor nightmare to and try and power down those items all the while keeping sufficient lighting for movement or even maintenance in the area.