Using a Holland America PCC

DaveOKC

We have used two different local TA's for a number of years. Over time their service levels declined and the few small things they "gifted" to us disappeared. So we decdied to try using a Holland PCC (Personal Cruise Consultant).

After two sort of back to back cruises, I have to say we are very happy with the new arrangement. While the cost was the same, and we did not receive any "gifts" from the PCC. she was very helpful in more important ways.

First, she helped us get the exact room (an SZ which is very unusual to get assigned) we wanted. Next, she worked to get us upsold on one cruise to an SA for a very reasonable amount. This took her quite a bit of time (its a long story), but she hung in there and got it for us.

Finally, when we wrote her a letter complaining about several significant problems on our cruise, she passed it on to someone at Holland and as a result we got an unexpected nice letter from Holland, along with some future On Board Credits for our trouble.

My hat is off to our PCC.

DaveOKC

Although we have not used the traditional TA (bricks and mortar or online), we have been extremely pleased with our PCC and will continue to use her. She has saved us loads of $$ with upsells to Neptune Suites through her perserverance. We were pleasantly surprised on our last cruise to recieve a bottle of bubbly and flower arrangement.

I talked to another couple at our most recent meet and greet who had the same PCC for a long time but had dropped her as they could find "better" deals on line which she could not match - for them it came down to price. I would rather have excellent service and work with someone who can walk down the hall to get the right answer!

I am using a PCC for my trip that leaves this week. I was on another trip just recently and called the PCC to see if they would price match what Costco was offering. HAL was $499 and Costco was $499 with $75 in cruise credits in a Signature Suite. My PCC said no even though she knew I was on another cruise with in 4 weeks in a Neptune Suite. I thought she might be interested in getting the booking and keeping inside HAL than paying Costco a commission. Since I have booked the cruise, haven't heard a peep from my PCC.

We are extremely pleased with our PCC. Maybe we could find a better on-line price offer but having someone who has direct access to management and supervisors has been priceless and very beneficial.

We feel the same way. Our PCC takes care of every issue we've ever had within minutes. Seriously, minutes. And she goes the extra mile every time. I don't like having to go through a 3rd party, taking up precious time, that can be done so much faster by our PCC.

We don't have a PCC for when we sail on Celebrity (have 2nd cruise booked with them) and I really miss it. Too much time lost going to that middle man, and they just don't seem to care. :rolleyes: OBC is nice, but $$$ isn't everything.

I am using a PCC for my trip that leaves this week. I was on another trip just recently and called the PCC to see if they would price match what Costco was offering. HAL was $499 and Costco was $499 with $75 in cruise credits in a Signature Suite. My PCC said no even though she knew I was on another cruise with in 4 weeks in a Neptune Suite. I thought she might be interested in getting the booking and keeping inside HAL than paying Costco a commission. Since I have booked the cruise, haven't heard a peep from my PCC.

I don't believe a PCC can offer an OBC on their own. BTW, the Costco commission did not come out of her pocket. My understanding is PCC's can only quote the price on their screen. Of course, they can check with a supervisor when there are pricing questions ... but I don't think they can just add an OBC or change a price.

Do you use a particular PCC, or do you just call the 1-800 number. (Not asking for the name of your PCC - just a general question)

I have had a PCC contact me in the past, letting me know they would like to work with me, but for our upcoming cruise, I simply dialed the 1-800 # and booked. I have since called in twice - once to request an upgrade, and was very happy with the instantaneous and pleasant response.

Do you use a particular PCC, or do you just call the 1-800 number. (Not asking for the name of your PCC - just a general question)

I have had a PCC contact me in the past, letting me know they would like to work with me, but for our upcoming cruise, I simply dialed the 1-800 # and booked. I have since called in twice - once to request an upgrade, and was very happy with the instantaneous and pleasant response.

Just call and state that you want to be assigned to a PCC. Once you have been assigned to one all your transactions go through them. If they are on vacation another PCC will fill in for them.

Edited by aliaschief

We've had the same PCC since we booked on line with HAL for the 1st time in Late January or Early February 2008.

She is awesome and whenever anyone asks me for a recommendation, I am happy to do so:)

Awesome to read and hear from so many others who have a great PCC also.

As stated above by another CC member, Price is not a concern for us, For us, it is the knowledge that we have someone from HAL who cares enough for us to bend over backwards. She has been and continues to be a really great friend:) And, she is recognized every year by HAL at an annual meeting with awards for exceeding her goals:)

God Bless all of the GREAT PCC's and HAL, they deserve a raise:)

Joanie

We also have what I consider a great PCC. He showed us his true value when for one particular cruise I only wanted an aft balcony cabin and none were available. I told him I would book and pay the instant one came up and to contact me as we really wanted to try an aft on a short cruise. Guess what-one did and he grabbed it and contacted me right away which was impressive and we booked and paid on the spot.

We have had a HAL PCC since2003. We have only had to change PCC's once. We love having him available to go to bat for us if needed.

We always get OBC from our PCC. We oftentimes get flowers, always get sparkling wine and sometimes PG reservations. Perhaps it is because we pretty much only take longer cruises?

I don't believe a PCC can offer an OBC on their own. BTW, the Costco commission did not come out of her pocket. My understanding is PCC's can only quote the price on their screen. Of course, they can check with a supervisor when there are pricing questions ... but I don't think they can just add an OBC or change a price.

I know the commission wouldn't come from her pocket, but I would have thought she would be eager to get a quick booking. Wouldn't you like a extra commission in your paycheck? I think she could have gone to bat and asked and let me know that she at least tried.

We have had a HAL PCC since2003. We have only had to change PCC's once. We love having him available to go to bat for us if needed.

We always get OBC from our PCC. We oftentimes get flowers, always get sparkling wine and sometimes PG reservations. Perhaps it is because we pretty much only take longer cruises?

You are the first I remember writing that their PCC gave them OBC's. I was not aware that could happen. You could be right though - you do tend to take pretty long cruises - lucky you.:D

We've had the same PCC since we booked on line with HAL for the 1st time in Late January or Early February 2008.

She is awesome and whenever anyone asks me for a recommendation, I am happy to do so:)

Awesome to read and hear from so many others who have a great PCC also.

As stated above by another CC member, Price is not a concern for us, For us, it is the knowledge that we have someone from HAL who cares enough for us to bend over backwards. She has been and continues to be a really great friend:) And, she is recognized every year by HAL at an annual meeting with awards for exceeding her goals:)

God Bless all of the GREAT PCC's and HAL, they deserve a raise:)

Joanie

And I thank you every day for your wonderfu PCC!! She is amazing! thank you Joanie:D

And I thank you every day for your wonderfu PCC!! She is amazing! thank you Joanie:D

Aint she though:) She's become a dear friend almost from the beginning. When we are in Seattle either for a cruise or on our way to Vancouver, we get together for dinner and best of all....Next July she and her children will be on the 2nd week of our R/T Seattle Alaska cruise:)

Lordy, just realized we've known her so long, her youngest was not even a thought yet when we first met:)

She is a doll and always happy to hear how happy others are:)

Joanie

We also have what I consider a great PCC. He showed us his true value when for one particular cruise I only wanted an aft balcony cabin and none were available. I told him I would book and pay the instant one came up and to contact me as we really wanted to try an aft on a short cruise. Guess what-one did and he grabbed it and contacted me right away which was impressive and we booked and paid on the spot.

I think I'm going to go the HAL PCC route next time I book. I was so disappointed with my TA when there was a big price drop after final payment, and she told me HAL said they never give OBCs when that happens. And others got them with no problem.

Did I read this right? Is there a typo? $499 for a cruise?

We usually book our next cruise while on board and transfer it to our TA. But her service has declined, and she mentioned she was retiring. We will be on the Eurodam in January and had planned to book our next cruise. I had decided not to give it to our TA. If we want to work with a PCC do we wait until we get home to book, or can we book on board and have them assign a PCC. Any advantage or disadvantage to doing either? Thanks for the info.

My experience with a PCC is not good at all. Started out with someone who was NOT experienced enough in selecting a cabin. They would wait days and days to respond to my email. I finally fired them and worked with another PCC who was recommended by someone here and they were semi good but were powerless when it comes to offering perks. Then I tried costco and that was like " travel agency farm". You can't email costco, you can't text and you speak to someone different every time you call and NOT all of them experienced enough. They like to " appear " that way but they are NOT and many of them have NOT even cruised before. And then I found the TA of my dreams that is way better than PCC and better than Costco farm TA. She is personable , knowledgeable and I can call, text or email and guaranteed I get a response within a reasonable time frame. She also started me on a " group perks" program with HAL for additional perks on top of the obc's I'm getting already that are equal to what I got from costco farm. I had a price drop that lasted less than 24 hrs and she jumped on it and got it for me plus obc's. IMO, an excellent TA like mine is worth their weight in gold as it is stated in many cruising articles. As I said before, I have a problem with my TA either powerless, lying or have less knowledge than mine.

Thank the good lord I started booking back in may and by October, I found my wonderful TA for my feb cruise.

Also she had great insight on excursions and booked me unique excursions in the Caribbean. The best PCC would not even know or recommend independent excursions because they work for HAL. Nothing like an excellent neutral party. And btw : a PCC is very rarely able to get you any obc's from the get go.

Sent from my iPhone.

taneous@hotmail.com

Edited by Thebes

Did I read this right? Is there a typo? $499 for a cruise?

By the time the TA portion of our recent cruise sailed, the price had dropped to $759 for the 14 days. Pretty incredible. We sat with a couple from Quebec in the MDR for lunch one day...they only booked the cruise and air the week before...and got that lovely price. :rolleyes:

From what I understand, the transatlantic cruises don't usually sail full. I think the NA can handle 2200 guests and we had 1800.

To us it is a simple choice. We can use a PCC and pay the max for a cruise, or shop around and often save big money (our record was over $3000 on a single cruise). Each to their own...but we enjoy the savings and OBCs.

Hank