Billing

lloyd2050

Most shipboard expenses go on your sign & sail card then at the end of the cruise it is billed to your CC

If you are spending a lot I would make sure your CC limit can handle it or make payments during the cruise to your Credit card

I usually will make an online payment to my Credit Card to keep my balance low at the end of the cruise

Shore excursions booked with the cruise line while on the ship are charged to your on board account like other purchases. This account is usually settled by credit card.

If you book private excursions, you and the guide should agree in advance on the method of payment. Some will accept cc, but not all. Same true for US$, Euros and local currency

While on the cruise for 36 days ,can you pay your expenses weekly by credit card? Can you pay your shore excursions by credit card,when booking?

You can also make payments prior to your cruise. So when you come onboard you will already have money in your account.

Usually I budget what I think I will spend and pay ahead. It's nice not to have a large hit to my credit card at the end of my cruise. Also, I have found that when I budget ahead I spend less.

Unless your cruise is B2B totaling 36 days, otherwise a couple of separate cruises you're booking as one big cruise, you can't pay your bill weekly. All your charges on board, even tours you purchase through the ship, will go on your shipboard account and those charges will be posted to your credit card at the end of the 36 days.

If you purchase your ship sponsored tours before you leave on your cruise, depending on what cruise line you're on, you can usually pay for them at the time of booking. Not all lines do that, but some do.

Edited by kitty9

I have my credit card account to be paid automatically from my checking account. We are going on a 31 day cruise. so I have no problems paying it by the due date.

Also. my car insurance and house payment are automatic.

I am sure you can set it up that way.

Edited by Talisker92

If it's a single long cruise then it is one bill at the end. If it is a back to back then you will get a bill at the end of each. World cruises are often billed by segment.

We have done many b-to-b's on HAL and on every one, they carried our on board bill balance forward to the second segment and we were billed for all charges at the end of our cruise. We always request a copy of the bill to date at the end of the first segment so we can check for any obvious errors. We've never found any but it would be easier to have it corrected at the end of that cruise than later at the end of the next segment.

Depends on the cruiseline whether you pay for excursion when you book them, or whether they're added to your onboard account. You can always give the cruiseline more money than you own....effectively giving yourself an OBC....ALL cruiselines will allow you to do that.

I have my credit card account to be paid automatically from my checking account. We are going on a 31 day cruise. so I have no problems paying it by the due date.

Also. my car insurance and house payment are automatic.

I am sure you can set it up that way.

Agree.

Automatic payments make things much easier. Just be sure to have enough in your checking account!