Money onboard

lloyd2050

Room service tips are generally NOT included in the suggested tips....

You will probably need cash for small purchases ashore....and gambling, if you do that. The rest of your onboard charges can go on a credit card, or if you have OBC's, will go against the credit.

You can sign for the tip in the specialty restaurants. There is a space for it on the charge slip.

Yes there is. But by adding a tip on the "bill", that amount gets tossed into the pool. By giving cash, the waiter gets to keep the amount. This is with the caveat (sp) that I've kept the auto tip in place - which I always do.

I also need cash as a tip for the waiter in the speciality restaurant(s).

Not on most cruise lines. The cost of the meal includes the gratuities.

Yes there is. But by adding a tip on the "bill", that amount gets tossed into the pool. By giving cash, the waiter gets to keep the amount. This is with the caveat (sp) that I've kept the auto tip in place - which I always do.

On most cruise lines, any tip given over and above your auto tips is kept by the person you give it to. Only if you choose to remove the auto tips will the tip have to be turned in to the pool.

Not on most cruise lines. The cost of the meal includes the gratuities.

On most cruise lines, any tip given over and above your auto tips is kept by the person you give it to. Only if you choose to remove the auto tips will the tip have to be turned in to the pool.

The cash tip I leave is in addition to the cost of dining in one of the speciality restaurants.