Guess What Happens After Explore4 Ends?

SightCRR

I got an email from a roto-bot this week, stating I owed the full deposit or I would loose my reservation. After trying to talk to the name on the email who claimed we had carried on a conversation dealing with paying the full amount, I reached an agent with HAL who seemed to care. She understood that first, I had not spoken to this facetious person and second I had called and spoken to HAL agents twice to confirm that I didn't owe that deposit. I had listed the names, dates and times of those conversations. She spoke to a supervisor who waived the full deposit and said unless I found a lower price, I would be fine. If I went for another reduction I would need to pay the full deposit. I just wonder how many others who gave up the explorer 4 had the same problem.

[quote name='lets_go']How often does HAL run the Promo EXPLORE4. As I am a regular Princess cruiser, I have never paid attention to HAL promos, but I might jumped ship for my next cruise.[/quote]

[B] This is the first time they have had a promotion called EXPLORE4 that I recall in recent years.

[/B]

[quote name='lets_go']How often does HAL run the Promo EXPLORE4. As I am a regular Princess cruiser, I have never paid attention to HAL promos, but I might jumped ship for my next cruise.[/QUOTE]

There has been mention made of a possible new HAL promotion to start later this month. Check this thread out: [url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1955438[/url]

I swear to me these promos are like the car commercials that always have the best deal RIGHT NOW. Than a week later you can get it as cheap or cheaper. I have never thought the E4 was a good deal for us. Believe me, you don't want to be around me if I took advantage of the alcohol portion of the E4 :p.

[quote name='Hlitner']The promotion (that just ended) was very interesting. If we now rebook a cruise (just booked 4 days ago) our cost would drop by $2,460 on a 38 day cruise. This is the net drop when adjusting for OBCs. The only difference is we lost the free Pinnacle Dinner (worth a total of $25 since we are 4 Star) and the drink package. Now HA values the drink package at $3800 but we figure its real value to us would be about $1900 - $2000 based on our drinking habits on cruises.

My only advice is that anyone who has booked under the promotion might want to now go back and do some price comparison,

Hank[/quote]

that's what I did, saved over $200 a person. we don't drink that much anyway