Opinions on 2 transatlantics please

gordylad

So we are booked on next Octobers transatlantic Reflection and we fancy doing the Eastbound from the US in April

2 choices

Cel Eclipse Kings Wharf, Bermuda [overnight],Ponta Delgada, Azores, Southampton, England

Cel Equinox Lisbon, Portugal Seville (Cadiz), Spain Gibraltar, Malaga, Spain

Any thoughts?

So we are booked on next Octobers transatlantic Reflection and we fancy doing the Eastbound from the US in April

2 choices

Cel Eclipse Kings Wharf, Bermuda [overnight],Ponta Delgada, Azores, Southampton, England

Any thoughts?

Personal choice.Mine would be Equinox. I've been to all the ports and think that the ports on Equinox would be better. Also think that the more Northerly route would more likely bring rough seas, especially near Azores.

2 choices

Any thoughts?

For me, a key factor would be -- where do you want to end up, and might you spend some extra days there? If that doesn't matter to you, then I would pick the Equinox because of the ports.

Enjoy your crossings!

Equinox is going into to dry dock for maintenance immediately after this transatlantic sailing. Someone posted on another thread that this could cause a small amount of disruption during this sailing as they may close off some public areas whilst they start preparation work.

Perry grant will be onboard the Eclipse which may be a positive or a negative depending on your personal opinion.

Although I enjoy Perry, I would choose Equinox for the itinerary.

Equinox is going into to dry dock for maintenance immediately after this transatlantic sailing. Someone posted on another thread that this could cause a small amount of disruption during this sailing as they may close off some public areas whilst they start preparation work.

Perry grant will be onboard the Eclipse which may be a positive or a negative depending on your personal opinion.

Although I enjoy Perry, I would choose Equinox for the itinerary.

Perry onboard would get me on a rowing boat :-)

Equinox next spring. Ports were important, also have a tour after from the same booking with a local, for us, TA with an additional 10 days in Spain. From Malaga, it is easy to get a tour to Morocco and some interesting areas in the South of Spain

2 choices

Any thoughts?

Do you want to go to Britain or Spain?

I would expect that you would spend a little time in Europe at the end of the cruise. Both locations are great.

We already made our choice: we are booked on the Equinox!

The main factor is the destination; we are planning to stay for 9 days on the Costa del Sol after the cruise. We feel that the beginning of May is a good period to visit South Spain; for UK, we would prefer July and would do a TA on Cunard.

We also expect warmer weather on the Atlantic after the Azores if we continue to Malaga rather than UK.