The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

Flora and I are lucky enough to currently be cruising in Silhouette as Zenith Members, there is one other Zenith couple on board, 130 Elite Plus, and 650 Elite Members. The cruise began on 1 Dec, we were also aboard for the pervious cruise and were informed the new perks begin on the this cruise but not briefed as to what they were until the official letter was sent. Of course scuttlebutt was running wild. By now you all are familiar with what each tier level has. Well worth the wait for me, eh! ~ Rick

Nice - ENJOY !! :)

Tom

Flora and I are lucky enough to currently be cruising in Silhouette as Zenith Members, there is one other Zenith couple on board, 130 Elite Plus, and 650 Elite Members. The cruise began on 1 Dec, we were also aboard for the pervious cruise and were informed the new perks begin on the this cruise but not briefed as to what they were until the official letter was sent. Of course scuttlebutt was running wild. By now you all are familiar with what each tier level has. Well worth the wait for me, eh! ~ Rick

Next time we meet I shall bow to you and throw my jacket on the floor for you to walk on;). Enjoy the rest of your cruise and hope to see you and Flora on a ship again soon.

Phil

Congratulations, Rick & Flora! And thanks for the Captain's Club stats on your cruise. You were on a British Isles cruise with us in 2007. Fabulous benefits at the Zenith level. We're happy with our Elite+ benefits especially to get extra Internet minutes. With the large number of Elites and above, do you have drink vouchers?

Do you know the particulars of unlimited lattes & cappuccinos? At Cafe al Baccio or self-serve somewhere? If at Cafe al Baccio, do you know if we can substitute premium tea if equal or lesseer value? We have a slight addiction to the Bombay Chai served at Cafe al Baccio. ;)

Is the gelato at the Classic level, one of those benefits (coupons?) carried forward with "Many of the benefits of the" previous membership levels?

If you don't know, that is okay. No need to waste time finding out. Spend your time "living the dream." Besides it could be slightly different between ships regarding coffee/tea substitution. We'll be on the Century in February and can find out as it pertains to Century and Cova Cafe.

Kathy

I am sure that the loyalty program was amended purely with an eye on the bottom line. That said, even without the perks, I feel that X stands above the other cruise lines I have been on such as P&O, NCL and even Princess. At the end of the day, you have total control over who you cruise with.:D

I agree with everything you just you said.

...which is why you see a lot of complaints or disapointmemt in some of the posts. We want Celebrity to continue to stand above the rest. When we see these changes along the way it becomes a concern.

The bottom line is we just want to be heard by Celebrity...please, do not make too may drastic changes where you end up not being better than the rest. (in price range). Today you stand above the other lines and we want you to stay that way.

I'm just glad I kept my Elite status as I had just made it with 11 points so I was a little worried I might fall through the crack. I'm still a long way from Elite+ with just 330 points. The same distance I was before when you get down to it.

When I look at the difference in perks between Elite and Elite+, this doesn't make it a goal that I really want to work to reach. Only thing that I would like would be extra internet minutes. We've managed fine with just 180 minutes between us in the past and internet cafe's in port, though.

Tucker in Texas

Congratulations, Rick & Flora! And thanks for the Captain's Club stats on your cruise. You were on a British Isles cruise with us in 2007. Fabulous benefits at the Zenith level. We're happy with our Elite+ benefits especially to get extra Internet minutes. With the large number of Elites and above, do you have drink vouchers?

Do you know the particulars of unlimited lattes & cappuccinos? At Cafe al Baccio or self-serve somewhere? If at Cafe al Baccio, do you know if we can substitute premium tea if equal or lesseer value? We have a slight addiction to the Bombay Chai served at Cafe al Baccio. ;)

Is the gelato at the Classic level, one of those benefits (coupons?) carried forward with "Many of the benefits of the" previous membership levels?

If you don't know, that is okay. No need to waste time finding out. Spend your time "living the dream." Besides it could be slightly different between ships regarding coffee/tea substitution. We'll be on the Century in February and can find out as it pertains to Century and Cova Cafe.

Kathy

Hello Kathy ,

How are you & your DH doing .Seems well from the tone of your post :D.

We now need just 60 points to be Elite + & should make it on our b2b cruises on Silhouette come March 2014 in the Caribbean :D.We then have a cruise on Summit Sept 7 ,2014(14 nights) to the east coast of Canada /up to Quebec City,followed in 2015 with a TA & b2b western Med April /May 2015

Marianne &I are proud owners of a Westin Time share in Palm Desert & now have that & getaways from Interval .We are happy travelers both at sea & on land these days:D:p

Was on Century Hawaii 10/22 to 11/6/13. It was a great cruise:D

Best Wishes

Cliff

I'm just glad I kept my Elite status as I had just made it with 11 points so I was a little worried I might fall through the crack. I'm still a long way from Elite+ with just 330 points. The same distance I was before when you get down to it.

This is precisely one of my concerns, your position in the loyalty program was protected or grandfathered and I am certainly not unhappy about that. However, I am sure that many like me have been allowed to slip through the crack and that creates ill-will in loyalty program that was designed to enhance business not anger existing customers.

I will now get down from my soap box having contacted the CC by both phone and by email and failing some consideration I will write Michael Bayley.

Hello Kathy ,

How are you & your DH doing .Seems well from the tone of your post :D.

We now need just 60 points to be Elite + & should make it on our b2b cruises on Silhouette come March 2014 in the Caribbean :D.We then have a cruise on Summit Sept 7 ,2014(14 nights) to the east coast of Canada /up to Quebec City,followed in 2015 with a TA & b2b western Med April /May 2015

Marianne &I are proud owners of a Westin Time share in Palm Desert & now have that & getaways from Interval .We are happy travelers both at sea & on land these days:D:p

Was on Century Hawaii 10/22 to 11/6/13. It was a great cruise:D

Best Wishes

Cliff

Cliff: Good to hear from you! We will be back on the Century for a b2b (two 8-day cruises) in February, where we will enjoy our new Elite+ benefits of more Internet minutes & sometimes a cappuccino in the evening. Elite benefits are right around the corner for you; enjoy them! Tell Marianne we said hi.

Kathy

That is really great for you and all the others that have also attained the Zenith level. It is but a dream for someone like me, although it may be fun trying to get close.:D

This is precisely one of my concerns, your position in the loyalty program was protected or grandfathered and I am certainly not unhappy about that. However, I am sure that many like me have been allowed to slip through the crack and that creates ill-will in loyalty program that was designed to enhance business not anger existing customers.

I will now get down from my soap box having contacted the CC by both phone and by email and failing some consideration I will write Michael Bayley.

BTW, I have heard back from X 's Captains club and even though we had the cruises booked and paid for they are basically saying that these are the rules now, tough ******. I wish you luck but as you were even further away from Elite than I it may be like hitting your head against the wall. I have now decided I will forget about this slap and get on with enjoying the planning around my cruises.:D

BTW, I have heard back from X 's Captains club and even though we had the cruises booked and paid for they are basically saying that these are the rules now, tough ******. I wish you luck but as you were even further away from Elite than I it may be like hitting your head against the wall. I have now decided I will forget about this slap and get on with enjoying the planning around my cruises.:D

What is slap?

What is slap?

The slap is what it felt like when they changed the program so instead of becoming Elite after the two cruises we had booked and paid in full for early next year, we will have to wait and do one, possibly two more cruises to get there.:(

Good luck with that.

Long before the changes were announced my wife and I booked a cruise on Century for March 2014 that would have made us Elite, that is until the new program was announced and left us 15 points short.

After contacting Michael Bayley's office I received a reply that basically said tough luck. So we will cancel our March cruise.

Joel

Hi Rick:)

Looks like you are making good use of your 3200 free internet minutes:)

Quite a difference from 180, eh!

Wow 130 Elite+, that is a LOT.

I was on a TA about 18 months ago with 800 Elites, but less than 60 with 25+ credits. They had the Michaels Club for everyone with 25+ credits.

So is it lonely in the Michaels Club? Are they limiting it to Zenith, Royal & PH?

Do they have a full bar so you can make good use of the premium beverage package?

Is the Michaels Club open for breakfast also? Is it a similar spread to the Elite breakfast? If you ask for something like V8 juice will they go and get it for you - in the Elite lounge they always told me they "did not know what it was".

Do you have the Black Zenith Seapass cards? Do they put a beverage package sticker on the card? My TA has to "purchase" the beverage package even though it is free. I would have thought they could have trained the bar waiters to realize a black Seapass card gets whatever they want:)

Have fun, Tom

So I did the math based on my prior sailing history with the new system and it seems that I was short changed.

I had 6 credits and that converts over to 180 points.

Based on my three cruises if I was awarded points based on the actual cruise I would have 210 points.

10 nights in a Royal Suite (10x12) = 120 points

7 nights AquaClass (7x5) = 35

11 nights in Concierge Class (11x5) = 55

The difference does not put me into another category however it still is 30 points short. Is there anyone else in this situation?

So I did the math based on my prior sailing history with the new system and it seems that I was short changed.

I had 6 credits and that converts over to 180 points.

Based on my three cruises if I was awarded points based on the actual cruise I would have 210 points.

10 nights in a Royal Suite (10x12) = 120 points

7 nights AquaClass (7x5) = 35

11 nights in Concierge Class (11x5) = 55

The difference does not put me into another category however it still is 30 points short. Is there anyone else in this situation?

Irrespective of how you got the six old points, you now have 180 points. No bonus points were given to those with 6 points.

Good luck with that.

Long before the changes were announced my wife and I booked a cruise on Century for March 2014 that would have made us Elite, that is until the new program was announced and left us 15 points short.

After contacting Michael Bayley's office I received a reply that basically said tough luck. So we will cancel our March cruise.

Joel

That is a shame, and I can certainly sympathize with you. All I can say is don't act too hastily, I am sure it will still be a nice cruise even without the perks that come with Elite.:D

Irrespective of how you got the six old points, you now have 180 points. No bonus points were given to those with 6 points.

That is true, I wish they had even the 16 points that some people (those on 9 tier credits) got would have been good.:D

You weren't shortchanged, as people are only getting that earn rate under the new program, not the old. They did not re-calculate past sailings on the new rate.

However, it's true that had those sailings been done under the new program you would have more points.

AIUI those that were ON cruises yet to complete were given bonus point to keep them in line with the status they would have achieved.

Specificaly we were told that those on 7,8,9 points were given bonus if needed to get the elite status that the cruise would have done it on the old system.

We went in with 7credits(changed to 240pts**)and would have gained 3(to elite) or 65 point 305*** still elete.

Those on 8pts and an inside would have only got 26pnts so short 34pts.

** no idea how they got this, it may include some bonus points, 30*7+65 would have left us short 25pts..

*** we were changed to elite during the cruise I have no idea how many points My Celebrity is broken for us.

You weren't shortchanged, as people are only getting that earn rate under the new program, not the old. They did not re-calculate past sailings on the new rate.

However, it's true that had those sailings been done under the new program you would have more points.

I'm with you, I don't understand why people are taking their old sailed days and converting them with the new program points or coversation points and saying that they got screwed or shortchanged. That is just ridiculous to me (they are comparing apples to oranges), since Celebrity clearly explained how they converted points: 30 new points for each 1 old point and then bonus points to those with 7, 8 or 9 points and from the 25th on, they new point systems is in place (not before). What is so hard about this.

Also, why spend the time and negative energy trying to see how you were screwed or shortchanged by the new program, when you can spend that time enjoying the fact that you are able to cruise, when so many can only dream about it.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I'm with you, I don't understand why people are taking their old sailed days and converting them with the new program conversion rate and sayin that they got screwed or shortchanged. That is just ridiculous to me (they are comparing apples to oranges), since Celebrity clearly explained how they converted points: 30 new points for each 1 old point and then bonus points to those with 7, 8 or 9 points. What is so hard about this.

It's basically a wash, but there will always be exceptions - since it's not feasible for Celebrity to go in, account by account, and make the conversions.

Take for example a couple of cruises we've taken - we had a 4 night sailing on the Century in a RS. Under the old system we earned two points for that, which converted to 60 points. Given the new points earning that sailing would have been only 48 points. For that one, we came out better with the conversion. For our sailing last year on the Reflection (7 nights in a CS) we also earned two points, which again converted to 60. Under the new program that cruise would have earned 84 points.

We can't cherry pick - so basically it is what it is.

At least we'll be getting the full 84 points next month on the Reflection !! One more like that one and we'll make E+... and "only" 29 more and we'll be Zenith. Another way to look at it is, from this point, "only" $174,000 in cruise fare and we're golden - drinks are on the house! :D

Tom

It's basically a wash, but there will always be exceptions - since it's not feasible for Celebrity to go in, account by account, and make the conversions.

Take for example a couple of cruises we've taken - we had a 4 night sailing on the Century in a RS. Under the old system we earned two points for that, which converted to 60 points. Given the new points earning that sailing would have been only 48 points. For that one, we came out better with the conversion. For our sailing last year on the Reflection (7 nights in a CS) we also earned two points, which again converted to 60. Under the new program that cruise would have earned 84 points.

We can't cherry pick - so basically it is what it is.

At least we'll be getting the full 84 points next month on the Reflection !! One more like that one and we'll make E+... and "only" 29 more and we'll be Zenith. Another way to look at it is, from this point, "only" $174,000 in cruise fare and we're golden - drinks are on the house! :D

Tom

Why waste the time and put negative energy trying to figure out that you could have or would have had, you got what Celebrity deemed appropriate and they made the rules, so I just don't understand why people want to look at the old program and change it to the new program, when it does no good and it is not going to change.

Use that time and energy to be thankful for the things you have, not for the things that you perceived that you lost or were shortchanged or screwed out of.

Why waste the time and put negative energy trying to figure out that you could have or would have had, you got what Celebrity deemed appropriate and they made the rules, so I just don't understand why people want to look at the old program and change it to the new program, when it does no good and it is not going to change.

Use that time and energy to be thankful for the things you have, not for the things that you perceived that you lost or were shortchanged or screwed out of.

Yep - that was my point!

Tom

Why waste the time and put negative energy trying to figure out that you could have or would have had, you got what Celebrity deemed appropriate and they made the rules, so I just don't understand why people want to look at the old program and change it to the new program, when it does no good and it is not going to change..

Why? Because a loyalty program is put in place to retain existing customers by rewarding them for their loyalty not alienate them by shortchanging them midway in the program. Clearly some if not a lot of customers have been shortchanged by these changes. It is all well and good for people who are Elite to say "why bother, Celebrity is not going to change things"....we are after all just fine. However, when you are obviously shortchanged or overcharged do you not put an effort into remediating the situation....or is that negative as well?