Panama Canal Semi Live from Zuiderdam 29 Nov through 9 December 2013

IRL_Joanie

Perhaps there are no or very few Australians on board.

Was this not the poster who was implying the reason for malfunctioning AC was the number of Australians on board? The implication was that the Aussies were all leaving their balcony doors open.

Clearly, you need to keep a close eye on those Aussies.

Edited by iancal

Was this not the poster who was implying the reason for malfunctioning AC was the number of Australians on board? The implication was that the Ossies were all leaving their balcony doors open.

I've read Brits and I've read Aussies.

Was this not the poster who was implying the reason for malfunctioning AC was the number of Australians on board? The implication was that the Aussies were all leaving their balcony doors open.

Clearly, you need to keep a close eye on those Aussies.

So, my comment to Douglas was an inquiry as to whether there was a large group of Australians and or British aboard, then that might explain the AC problems......

Joanie

10/29/13 Rest of the story: boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40493384#post40493384

Yes, need to watch the Brits closely as well.

I hate to think of all the A/C issues that they must have on those P&O, Fred Olsen, and Thomson ships! It must be awful.

No need to blame the EU though.

Edited by iancal

Yes, need to watch the Brits closely as well.

No need to blame the EU though.

I dunno. Those Dutch on our last Rotterdam were propping open their Lanai cabin doors with everything from Heiniken beer cans to probably wedges of Gouda cheese. :cool:

On my Prinsendam cruise that ended last week, there were a couple of Canadians who ALWAYS had their balcony door open, they told me. When I questioned it (in a friendly way) they said they were told by someone who works on the AC end of things that it would do no trouble whatsoever to the rest of the cabins. So it is spreading through the commonwealth! :)

Why not throw in the rest of the Commonwealth ? :D

On my Prinsendam cruise that ended last week, there were a couple of Canadians who ALWAYS had their balcony door open, they told me. When I questioned it (in a friendly way) they said they were told by someone who works on the AC end of things that it would do no trouble whatsoever to the rest of the cabins. So it is spreading through the commonwealth! :)

I just knew the Canadians were going to get it sooner or later :p:D

Hi Joanie, just a comment on you mentioning the 'fresh colours' in Curaçao. It could very well be this is the case. The Dutch King and Queen have just finished their visit to the islands. I'm sure some sprucing up was done before their arrival to the islands :)

I dunno. Those Dutch on our last Rotterdam were propping open their Lanai cabin doors with everything from Heiniken beer cans to probably wedges of Gouda cheese. :cool:

but of course, that's what we do. The wedging compacts the cheese and squeezes out excess fluids from the cheese and the mix of temperatures while doing so (warm air outside, cold air inside) give the cheese it's unique flavor. Don't know about the Heineken though ;)

Joanie

Came across your posts while surfing and they are the best! We will be boarding the Z for the same cruise just after you debark and your information is very helpful.

I was especially interested in the low passenger count. I wonder if we will be the same? We initially had an MM interior guarantee, but were assigned a K interior. Then yesterday we received an upsell offer of Oceanview ($49pp) or Veranda ($199pp). If the ship is as sparsely populated for our cruise there may be future offers or upgrades. Hope so.

Have there been any culinary events on your cruise? DW and I would like to attend and need any guidance you might have to get signed up.

I would like to follow Crew News posts also, but so far have not been able to find them by searching. Please point me in the correct direction.

Looking forward to the rest of your posts.

Thanks

QShip

Link to hubby's thread is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1950628

We found last year that the 2 weeks immediately after Thanksgiving are the cheapest time for us to book Caribbean and/or Panama Canal Cruises. I think the reason is so close after Thanksgiving and just before Christmas. Perfect for us:)

Awesome up sell!!

Gotta cut this short as we purchased 1000 minutes and here it is only 5 days and already down to 500.

Joanie

Link to hubby's thread is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1950628

We found last year that the 2 weeks immediately after Thanksgiving are the cheapest time for us to book Caribbean and/or Panama Canal Cruises. I think the reason is so close after Thanksgiving and just before Christmas. Perfect for us:)

Awesome up sell!!

Gotta cut this short as we purchased 1000 minutes and here it is only 5 days and already down to 500.

Joanie

I hate it when the internet starts to run low!:eek:

On my last "live from" (Princess-Star- South America), during the final days of the cruise, I ran out minutes. A couple of guys from my roll call liked the "live from" so much, they donated their minutes to me!:) I was genuinely touched!

Enjoy the day!:)

but of course, that's what we do. The wedging compacts the cheese and squeezes out excess fluids from the cheese and the mix of temperatures while doing so (warm air outside, cold air inside) give the cheese it's unique flavor. Don't know about the Heineken though ;)

ha! ha! too funny :) LOL:p:p

The aged Gouda on the HAL cheese list was a delight. I hadn't known it was also getting dried and fried right there between the ship's own lanai doors. No wonder you Dutch ruled the world for so many centuries. When you figure out how to do something right, you keep doing it! :cool:

Ingenious!! So as an expat Brit I'll wedge a pound of Cheddar between the doors so I can have a nice dry slice with my wine.:D:D

Oh no Joanie! :eek: Are your fingers still okay? Will you be able to type again? :D Seriously, take care. We are going back to the Canal in February ... kind of happened by process of elimination. Couldn't get 3 weeks in a row on the Noordam, DH didn't like the itinerary on the Eurodam ... so by default we decided we had such a great time on the Z we would do the Canal again. I'm waiting for the rest of you thoughts.