Thursday 11-28-2013 - Weigh-In Tread - WELCOME ALL

Jan_In_Maine

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!!!

Good luck to all on their weight loss journey. Today for the first time in 20 years I am "Normal" ... I do not have to lose any more weight ... but I will try for an additional 9.7# to get rid of a lot of the "fat"

I have lost 47.6# since the beginning of February .. never thought it would happen!!!

Jan

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Jan, that is fabulous! You have done such a great job.

I have not been on here for quite a while. I have been having some health issues and have not been paying much attention to my weight loss. I am better now and want to get back on track. I did not weigh myself this morning so will not post any numbers until next week. I am sure that I am up but didn't really care much until now.

Good luck to all.

Rose

Hi all!

Jan ~ wow that is impressive!! Good for you!:D I, on the other hand have put on 18 lbs since Feb & now have 15 to lose to be what I'd like to be.

Today I remained the same as last week so at least I didn't gain.

Rose ~ glad to hear you're feeling better & now care about your weight.

Welcome back!

8418176_f520.jpg

Body fat percentage as of this morning: 22.3%. On track to hit 20% before I head to Tahiti. I no longer weigh myself. My BMI is actually rising as I continue to build lean muscle, which means my weight probably is as well, but as long as my clothing size continues to drop and BFP continues to drop, it just doesn't matter. It's such a ridiculous metric that it should be scrapped entirely anyhow.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Body fat percentage as of this morning: 22.3%. On track to hit 20% before I head to Tahiti. I no longer weigh myself. My BMI is actually rising as I continue to build lean muscle, which means my weight probably is as well, but as long as my clothing size continues to drop and BFP continues to drop, it just doesn't matter. It's such a ridiculous metric that it should be scrapped entirely anyhow.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

I agree 100%. By the way - what are you using for a body fat calculator?

These charts crack me up. 6' male BMI over 25% is "unhealthy". I'm 193, which equals 26.2 - and I have tiny little love handles left to try and get rid of. 44" chest with a 35" waist and can ride a bicycle until the cows come home - I beg to differ with the charts...:)

I agree 100%. By the way - what are you using for a body fat calculator?

These charts crack me up. 6' male BMI over 25% is "unhealthy". I'm 193, which equals 26.2 - and I have tiny little love handles left to try and get rid of. 44" chest with a 35" waist and can ride a bicycle until the cows come home - I beg to differ with the charts...:)

I have one of those handheld ones. It's been spot on give or take .2% of my doctors $2000 scale and the number that I got when I had a bone density scan done last spring, so close enough for me.