Made out like a bandit :)

SunAura

We booked a 7-nighter for Feb 2015 almost a month ago using an older Passages certificate (which gave us $100 deposit and $100 OBC). I knew eventually there would be a promo that I could add, losing my passages benefits, but I wanted to secure a specific concierge cabin.

Phoned today to have the reservation changed to include the 123go! benefits. Had checked and the cabin price was the same as I booked (yeah, you naysayers who say the price jumps up right before a promo!). And, lo and behold! The 123 is combinable! Not only that, I got to benefit from the +25 CC points in the promo which puts me Elite after this cruise (was going to be on the old system, but not the new system).

Oh Happy Day! Thank you Rene @ Celebrity, who was the consummate professional despite how busy he must be today, and he just kept making me happier and happier! I hope there are many more positive experiences from all you out there!

Good job Celebrity!

Congratulations, you did really well. We booked a Med cruise for next May in September under the Pick your Perk promo, our cabin prices are up $600 pp! Thank goodness we're locked in at the previous price, and got the beverage package.

We booked a 7-nighter for Feb 2015 almost a month ago using an older Passages certificate (which gave us $100 deposit and $100 OBC). I knew eventually there would be a promo that I could add, losing my passages benefits, but I wanted to secure a specific concierge cabin.

Phoned today to have the reservation changed to include the 123go! benefits. Had checked and the cabin price was the same as I booked (yeah, you naysayers who say the price jumps up right before a promo!). And, lo and behold! The 123 is combinable! Not only that, I got to benefit from the +25 CC points in the promo which puts me Elite after this cruise (was going to be on the old system, but not the new system).

Oh Happy Day! Thank you Rene @ Celebrity, who was the consummate professional despite how busy he must be today, and he just kept making me happier and happier! I hope there are many more positive experiences from all you out there!

Good job Celebrity!

You said concierge cabin, dud you mean Aqua class?

Nope, Concierge.....

123go is giving captains club members 25 bonus CC points but only for aqua class and above bookings. From the celebrity web site

Captain's Club Member Offers apply to new individual and named group bookings made Nov. 29 – Dec. 31, 2013. Classic Captain's Club Members and above ("CC Members") are eligible to receive 25 bonus Club Points, for AquaClass and above stateroom bookings. Bonus Club Points will be added within 14 days after conclusion of sailing. CC Members are also eligible for a 50% Reduced Deposit Offer on individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposit must be paid by Feb. 28, 2014. To redeem on celebrity.com, proceed to the Payment page, select "Other" in the deposit field and enter 50% off the deposit amount. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking; new members may book onboard without a membership number but must provide the membership number by Mar. 10, 2014.

- See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/gene....JTK2SaEH.dpuf

Hmmm...well Rene offered me the 25 bonus points, which really made me a happy sailor. Guess if I don't see it on my documentation I will politely and respectfully request that they check the recording of our phone conversation! No worries.

Good job Celebrity!

Glad it all worked out for you , but I have to say, our cruise that we booked has now gone up 400-500 per person for a 10-day Caribbean cruise. All categories except for inside cabins, not ony have the prices reverted back to the pre-thanksgiving sale, but there has been an additional price increase. I am so thankful we booked our cruise in November, as it is actually $300 cheaper this year than last for the same cruise when you factor in the pre-paid gratuities

Edited by 4cats4me

We booked our 2015 B2B as soon as it came out, so we have to give up the early booking discount. But for $65pp, we just got the drink package added to our reservation. Makes me feel a lot better about the higher prices since we would have bought the package anyway.

Glad it all worked out for you , but I have to say, our cruise that we booked has now gone up 400-500 per person for a 10-day Caribbean cruise. All categories except for inside cabins, not ony have the prices reverted back to the pre-thanksgiving sale, but there has been an additional price increase. I am so thankful we booked our cruise in November, as it is actually $300 cheaper this year than last for the same cruise when you factor in the pre-paid gratuities

I guess this is hit or miss? I don't understand the logic of the pricing (many many threads about this!!) ...just know I booked this one at a price I was ok with, and then watched the prices. Price for concierge has not moved, on this sailing, for a very long time, even prior to our booking.

I guess this is hit or miss? I don't understand the logic of the pricing (many many threads about this!!) ...just know I booked this one at a price I was ok with, and then watched the prices. Price for concierge has not moved, on this sailing, for a very long time, even prior to our booking.

Very interesting. I will ask my online TA anyway, just in case. Also, since I'm booked in an A2 I would qualify for a free upgrade to an A1 plus earn 25 points for captains club and free drinks all around, yet if I have to spend an additional $1,000 to get all this free stuff, it wouldn't really be worth it for us.

Very interesting. I will ask my online TA anyway, just in case. Also, since I'm booked in an A2 I would qualify for a free upgrade to an A1 plus earn 25 points for captains club and free drinks all around, yet if I have to spend an additional $1,000 to get all this free stuff, it wouldn't really be worth it for us.

wow, you must have booked at a great price! Now I'm jealous :)

Hmmm...well Rene offered me the 25 bonus points, which really made me a happy sailor. Guess if I don't see it on my documentation I will politely and respectfully request that they check the recording of our phone conversation! No worries.

Not sure who Rene is but I would be getting the 25 bonus points for a Concierge in writing right now because as I was booking a new cruise yesterday - I was told by 2 different agents that it does NOT apply to Concierge - which makes no sense as Aqua and Concierge both get the same points per night. Then I ended up booking a suite so it didn't matter but I'd hate for you to be told later if Rene was wrong.

Good job Celebrity!

We booked an itinerary for November 2014 earlier this month when Celebrity was offering a Captain's Club Loyalty discount. We like to book early in order to get specific staterooms just as you did, so, for us, this was a great deal. The Captain's Club Loyalty discount was dropped just before the new 123 program came into play on Nov 29th. We still have the choice of re-booking under the new program, but for us, the Loyalty discount is a better option. Lots of time to see what happens to pricing between now and the date of our final payment. Nice to hear the good news stories on this board. They are much more fun to read than those posts who choose to dwell on so called "negative" issues with their experience. Way to go!

Randy

Celebrity also is inviting Classic tier and above members of the brand's newly enhanced Captain's Club loyalty program to take advantage of exclusive benefits: When booking November 29 – December 31, 2013, members will receive 25 bonus Club Points, in addition to the usual Club Points earned for their bookings. They also will enjoy 50 percent reduced deposits when booking." *......where does it say anything about Aqua class and above?

I booked Aug.'14 the Baltic Cruise. I price was the same as last week but thats when I started looking so not sure if there was a jump or not. We got the $300. OBC and drink package. Thats not in writing though on the receopt. Should it be?

Not sure who Rene is but I would be getting the 25 bonus points for a Concierge in writing right now because as I was booking a new cruise yesterday - I was told by 2 different agents that it does NOT apply to Concierge - which makes no sense as Aqua and Concierge both get the same points per night. Then I ended up booking a suite so it didn't matter but I'd hate for you to be told later if Rene was wrong.

I believe Rene is one of the Celebrity Certified Vacation Planners. I seem to recall seeing his picture pop up at various times in the banner section at the bottom of the Celebrity Website. I agree that it would be prudent to get the 25 bonus point offer in writing sooner rather than later.

Randy

Celebrity also is inviting Classic tier and above members of the brand's newly enhanced Captain's Club loyalty program to take advantage of exclusive benefits: When booking November 29 – December 31, 2013, members will receive 25 bonus Club Points, in addition to the usual Club Points earned for their bookings. They also will enjoy 50 percent reduced deposits when booking." *......where does it say anything about Aqua class and above?

This is what I see on the site (amongst other references).

"First, receive 25 bonus Club Points** in addition to the usual Club Points you earn when you book November 29—December 31, 2013, in an AquaClass® or above stateroom. "

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?icid=ccc_bt_123g_1311_s1go_lk_987051&pagename=choose_your_offer_captains_club

Edited by The_Big_M

Good job Celebrity!

We had booked a Feb. 2015 Aqua class stateroom months ago and were also able to take advantage of this new sale with no price increase on our cabin.

We had originally booked with an on board Passages certificate so had $300 OBC from that. I expected to lose that when switching to this new promo but noticed it was still on our confirmation.

One difference for us was that I had to add $250 to the deposit (making it $450 - half of the regular deposit). It didn't make that much of a difference but it's strange that everyone seems to be doing this differently.

I totally trust our TA so I know it's not her!

To Qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked Nov. 29, 2013—Feb. 28, 2014 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, that departs Feb. 2014—Mar 2015. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, Transatlantic, and Transpacific cruises. Offer requires ocean view or higher stateroom booking at the non-discounted standard cruise fare. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings, which must be named and deposited during the Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are "Qualifying Bookings." The first two guests in a Qualifying Booking for a European sailing may choose any two of the following options and one of these options for all other sailings: Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities for Two, or Onboard Credit ("OBC"). The first two guests in the stateroom must select the same options. Triple and higher occupancy guests will each receive one 38-minute Internet package and one Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package. Limit of one offer per stateroom. All guests in the stateroom must book during the Offer Period. You must notify Celebrity of the option(s) you chose by Feb. 28, 2014 or 10 days prior to departure date for Feb. 2014 cruises. Provide promo code BEV123go for Beverage, OBC123go for OBC, and GR123go for Gratuities. For Europe 2014 cruises, provide promo code EUBEVOB123go for OBC & Beverage, promo code EUBEVGR123go for Beverage & Gratuities, promo code EUOBGR123go for OBC & Gratuities. - See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=choose_your_offer_captains_club&allowMobile=y&ecid=em_20289770&rid=142946777&mes=Celebrity%20123go%20CC%20November%202013%20EM&emsc=SEG%20CEL%20EM%20PERM&empf=Y&emct=S&lnkid=SPECIALS_123GOCC-BUT#sthash.HDcnNji0.dpuf

:confused: ... :confused: .. :confused:

Edited by chamima

Every single time I have looked at booking with the drink + bonuses it has been significantly higher than before those were added. It's not a big deal to us, because we don't drink much (or at all) so that is not a big value. The price would have to be a lot cheaper before it would work for us. We're talking hundreds of dollars pp more.

I have a feeling the people who say their price didn't go up were booked at a pretty high price to start with. I admit that we only book a cruise if that rates are really, really low and seldom more than 3 months out--sometimes even after final payment. Sometimes when people tell me the cost of their cruise in the exact same cabin as we have, it's hard to keep my mouth shut, since sometimes they are paying double what we do.

Maybe it all is a wash if you do drink enough to offset the higher prices, but we don't. It might be fun to order pop, specialty coffees, etc., already included, but not for the price increases. Or else we're just extremely unlucky in the cruises we are interested in that have the drinks + package being higher.

Just out of curiosity, does Celebrity really keep digital recordings of every single phone conversation for 15 months after the call was made? I suppose anything is possible but I'd doubt it.