Why I love Johnny rockets!!!

I almost never eat cheese, but confess I enjoy Johnny Rockets' grilled cheese on rye sandwiches. The thruth is I really have no business in JR because everything is super-loaded with fat and calories, but I do go at least once a cruise...calories be darned.

Grilled cheese on rye sounds yummy...wonder if they will put bacon on it for me? :)

I love JR on a cruise! We don't have one any where near us so it is a nice treat while on vacation. I've never tried their milkshakes though, just mightdo that on my next cruise! Actually, anyone know if you can get milk shakes with the premium drink package? My guess would be no, but hopefully I'm wrong!

We always look forward to going to JR at least once during a cruise. Since this is the only time we eat at JR, it is a special treat. Im looking forward to eating breakfast there on the Oasis.

I must admit that it freaks me out when they make a smiley face with the ketchup :eek::eek::eek:!! Now I just politely ask them not to while my husband rolls his eyes. Lol

Finally found the way on the system to ignore users who provide no useful information.....;)

The OP asked if you agree or disagree.

Because you don't agree with my response does not make it any less useful than the rest.

Would it really be that fun if everyone had the exact same opinion?

Our 12 yr old loves it! She likes the change from the MDR. Once or twice we will feed her there for dinner and then go to the specialty restaurant or MDR on our own. They were real nice to only charge us for one cover.

Personally, I like the ambience and fun, casual atmosphere. I like how they greet everyone, although I can't remember the exact greeting/goodbye. We like to chime in and watch the faces on the new patrons as they enter and wonder what they are getting into. Personally, food-wise, once per cruise is enough for me, but we like it. The 2 for one shake coupons are a good incentive, too.

Koohiichan

Edited by Koohiichan

Really enjoy JR on board, especially the shakes. If, and only if I can find room for the apple pie (the burgers are so filling IMHO) it is fantastic.

Have eaten at land based JR and to be honest find service better on board the ship, even if the menu choices are limited compared to that on land. We don't have JR's in the UK so it's a nice change for us.

Also I agree with others and say breakfast on Allure (and I assume Oasis) is great at JR's too.

Our family can't wait to enjoy JR's on the first day .. then maybe a couple more visits through the week!

The kids are already planning their selections! The onion rings... YUMMY!! Chili cheese fries!... MMMmmmm!! I will get my burger with all the fixings ... no bun and chili!!

Edited by Pebbles468

I personally wasn't impressed with the food. Greasy burgers, onion rings and waist expanding shakes. Never did try the chili. All that kind of junk is available right here at home. I rather eat things that I don't have the opportunity to eat on a regular basis. Now if they broiled the burgers, I might go for it again. JMHO

I knew it was just a matter of time for a negative comment. How are those Texan's doing?????:)

It was not really a negative comment, I just disagreed with the OP as he asked for opinions. I also gave my reason.

Not everyone thinks the same and some people can't handle that very well.

As for the Texans. Every team has its highs & lows.

Hopefully this horrible season will give me a better chance of upgrading my season tickets for better seats...

Hopefully this horrible season will give me a better chance of upgrading my season tickets for better seats...

I don't have Lions season tickets, but if I did it that would have been a reason for hope the past 60 years:D ASSUMING they actually make the playoffs this year, I'm just hoping they don't embarrass themselves in the first round:)

We have a couple of JR´s here in Mexico City, the food is good but I´m not a fan tbh. I did have breakfast there while on the Oasis. It was good. :)

Now if they had an In n Out on board, that would be different!!! :eek:

Sailing on Jewel in a month, no JR. But it has the only Seaview cafe left in the whole world! So I will defintely have my onion rings craving there

Edited by voyager89

We have a couple of JR´s here in Mexico City, the food is good but I´m not a fan tbh. I did have breakfast there while on the Oasis. It was good. :)

Now if they had an In n Out on board, that would be different!!! :eek:

Sailing on Jewel in a month, no JR. But it has the only Seaview cafe left in the whole world! So I will defintely have my onion rings craving there

I second that! One of the few things I really miss from California.

Been on 6 RC cruises and never once had the desire to eat fast food while on vacation.

I feel much better without a 4000 calorie meal....

I go there for the veggie burgers. Its easy to modify the items, can skip the fries, order with no bun or skip the mayo. Its a treat to be sure and certainly my onboard guilty pleasure. But by no means am I consuming 4k calories.

Edited by rutgersgirl27