Diet before cruising?

Does anyone diet before cruising to look good in the bathing suit and also adjust for any pounds you will gain from all the goodies on board? I try t just eat healthy two week prior lots of fruits and veggies then while on board drink at least 60oz of water a day but eat whatever I want. Anyone else have any secrets ?

I used Monavie RVL before our last cruise and lost 60 lbs! I NEVER thought I would be able to get into a bikini (and be seen in public) again but I was tiered of not being in our family vacation photos (I would always hide from the lens lol). I started around this time and lost 25 lbs by the end of December. It teaches you blood sugar stabilization and how you can eat the foods you and want and permanently reprogram your metabolism! ImageUploadedByForums1386628991.305424.jpg.7d60931a5d9415099b50cdb51bdd8ea5.jpg

This is me after the jump start!ImageUploadedByForums1386629238.611457.jpg.e1d6d9365668d6060422be6a31ab4310.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1386629225.925294.jpg.f38672103ce868a8873689e82d3a82f1.jpg

For several years I have been able to maintain my weight and have a BMI my doctor loves by simply making choices and watching portions.

Whether at home or cruising I try to make sensible choices. It's not hard to do and can be as easy as not having a slice of cheese on a hamburger. I don't need cream and sugar in my coffee. A glass of wine is better than a fussy mixed drink, no need to add extra butter to mashed potatoes, etc.

Walk and take the stairs. Add a bit of exercise whenever you can. I dislike exercise routines and have learned to work it in to my routine. Need to use the bathroom then go to the one upstairs, not the half bath around the corner and it all adds up quickly.

You are in control and with a little thought you'll be surprised at how easy it can be and almost painless. You won't lose weight quickly, but you will lose weight steadily. Remember 1/2 lb a week is 25 pounds after a year.

And if you do indulge just get back into the routine.

Have a great cruise:)

That is not a healthy way to lose weight.....I mean, if you need to lose, then you watch your calorie intake, exercise and do NOT over-eat on the cruise!

If you lose weight with the intention of going "hog wild" on the ship, you will re-gain all you've lost, plus about 10 lbs on top of that.

Either you live a healthy life, or you don't....there's really no inbetween.

Don't do it for your bathing suit...do it for your life.

Also I lost the 50lbs I did having a goal, to lose it before a cruise, often it's easier to lose weight with a goal in mind. Any it's ok to be a little indulgent when on the cruise as long as you are back to eating as you were the day you return to port. If anything a week or so of eating several hundred more calories will jump start your metabolism. I've done fine eating sensibly all year but not being obsessive about what I'm not eating on the cruise, to me that's healthy !

I've recently lost the weight I needed to before my last cruise last year. I have maintained, I try to eat well all year. But on holidays and vacations I eat things I'd never eat and try not to stress over what I'm eating. To me 75% of the cruise is the food!

I try to get in shape for the food and the activities. I use a weighted hula hoops as well. I learned to drink smarter, less on fruity mixed drinks but can't resist the 2 am pizza run after the disco.

You only live once and done right once is enough :p Sometimes eat as if the calories don't count.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by Blk_Amish

Keep in mind that the extra sodium to enhance the flavor of foods, plus alcohol will cause you to retain fluids. You'll gain no matter what! :( Drink lots of water and move to help eliminate the fluid build up. (I can always feel it in my hands.) I also avoid taking clothes that are tight to begin with. Stretch is your friend!:o

I get an aft cabin so I have to walk half the length of the ship just to get to the stairs and then I take the stairs. I rarely take the elevators on the ship. Last cruise I lost 3 pounds but still ate plenty.

...I swear I had every intention of losing that 20 pounds I have gained over the last several cruises....I swear. But, I'll wait until this one is over. I promise. :D :p

It's ok!!! Enjoy the cruise and put the diet out of your mind for now. You have plenty of time once it's over! Life is too short to worry about 20lbs! :D;):D