"New" policy for Princess & CC meet & greets

chrismch

Here's a recent response I received in booking a CC meet & greet with Princess...

Booking a Cruise Critic Group is usually arranged as a No Host Bar which means each passenger will be responsible for their own drinks. NO complimentary food will be provided but you are more than welcome to order from our party pricelist.

This is the first time I've ever been told that nothing will be provided other than setting up space. In the past there has been a minimum of danish with coffee and juice in the AM and coffee and water with cookies in the afternoon.

Here's a recent response I received in booking a CC meet & greet with Princess...

Booking a Cruise Critic Group is usually arranged as a No Host Bar which means each passenger will be responsible for their own drinks. NO complimentary food will be provided but you are more than welcome to order from our party pricelist.

This is the first time I've ever been told that nothing will be provided other than setting up space. In the past there has been a minimum of danish with coffee and juice in the AM and coffee and water with cookies in the afternoon.

I have never seen anything but a bartender and waiter.

This is nothing new. I have set up many M&G's and never had goodies provided. Only a bartender and waiter.

Once, a CD was so impressed with our turnout of >125 people, he invited us back and provided the standard free drinks and snack mix. But that was from his budget and not from Princess.

Edited by Ethel5

Wow! on a meet & greet on two other cruise lines we got champagne and appetizers! Didn't realize that Princess was so bare bones.
With so much food and drink on a ship are you really going to miss that at a M&G? :rolleyes:

With so much food and drink on a ship are you really going to miss that at a M&G? :rolleyes:

Hi Gerry!

Won't really miss it, but it's a nice gesture.

Howard

PS: would love to cruise with you again!

It's about the hospitality and encouraging folks to stop by.

Those who are interested in a M&G do not need food to bring them in. There is one CD who sometimes arranges some snacks, but he's the exceptional CD and it comes from (as said previously) his budget.

I've arranged quite a few Meet and Greets. If possible we like to ask to be located where there is a bar, and there have been servers, and I've asked for dry snacks, those nuts, etc. in the little glass and they've provided it. On a few occasions the CD provided champagne, which was a nice surprise. I've never seen any other food, nor would I expect it.

At my first experience with a meet and greet through Princess (after joining CC), the CD had someone from his staff bring a bottle of champagne. I guessing that came from his budget.

Considering that many meet and greets (if not all) are held in a location with a bar (if you really think about it, aren't many locations on a ship, other than passenger decks, near a bar?), I don't see the problem with passengers buying their own drinks, and there are plenty of free food you can get at the IC or Horizon Court. So I don't understand this obsession with not enjoying a meet and greet unless Princess wines and dines you and there's plenty of officers present. I thought the idea was to meet the people you have been corresponding with over the months.

There are many groups on each cruise. Does Princess need to set up a meet and greet with champagne and nibbles for each of them? In the long run, someone ends up paying for that largess.

The few Meet and Greets that I have been involved with did not have any food except for those little bottles of crackers from the bar. I always print and deliver personalized invitations to the Officers and Staff (via the customer service counter upon embarking the ship). We always had 2-4 Officers or Staff drop by to introduce themselves. I always thought that was generous of them.

Bar service was always offered but few took advantage of it. Lots of mingling and trying to match call names, names, and faces. Longer cruises tend to have much larger groups. But our 3 dayer's had some fun people too.

Those who are interested in a M&G do not need food to bring them in. There is one CD who sometimes arranges some snacks, but he's the exceptional CD and it comes from (as said previously) his budget.
I agree. Nothing new... and that's going back about 20 years. What some people have done is asked to be in a bar/lounge where people can purchase their own drinks.

I've been to quite a few HAL M&Gs and they do provide coffee, tea, maybe juice and cookies. Nothing you couldn't get in the buffet. One time, the organizer arranged, and paid for, a lot of delicious hors d'oeuvres. I was horrified when a few people came in, took napkins, scooped up almost half and walked out, never even thanking her. I guess people thought HAL was offering the goodies. They weren't. :(

Edited by Pam in CA

That CD was unable to attend our scheduled M&G on the Island in January because of a staff meeting. He gave a shout out on the Wake Show and offered to have another M&G. He provided coffee and tea and pastries. Also most of the Captain's staff attended the M&G including the Captain's wife. That CD is exceptional in his support of CC :)

A bartender and a waiter is all we've ever seen at a Princess M&G.

Since it's only an hour, we've never missed not having snacks.

LuLu

~~~

If all you've ever seen at a M&G is a bar staff, that means your coordinator didn't formally invite the others.