New program : signature plus

LHC

It rewards you for certain on board expenditures. Earn points for select inboard and preboard purchases including excursions. After my upcoming cruise I can check in on my acct at HAL for details. Thought someone might know about this program.

It rewards you for certain on board expenditures. Earn points for select inboard and preboard purchases including excursions. After my upcoming cruise I can check in on my acct at HAL for details. Thought someone might know about this program.

Can't even find a reference to it on their website.

I ordered a few things for my cabin a couple of days ago and received an email yest about a new program called Signature Plus by Lifestyle Collection. Anyone know the scoop?

I believe this will be Roll Out with Holland America's Newest promotion that will be starting on December 17th called Above and Beyond.

The New Signature Plus Program will be encouraging cruisers to reserve Shore Excursions Early as well as Dining Packages and Beverage Packages with offering discounts for doing so. I do not have any details about the Signature Plus just tidbits that have been mentioned to me. This should be Rolled out soon with details.

This is the details about the new promotion called Above and Beyond. It is mostly geared toward Europe but does offer amenities for Alaska Cruises and Land and Sea and Canada New England

The Above and Beyond promotion will include the following rich offers for select departures June 2014- Dec 2014.

Exclusive for select Europe departures: For Ocean View and above bookings, (interior space cabins will not be eligible and no Prinsendam departures)

1. $100.00 beverage package per day per couple (or $50.00 per person first two in stateroom)

2. Up to 10% off savings on select shore excursions (the consumer must purchase the shore excursion during the time that Above and Beyond promotion is in place Dec. 21, 2013 through end of Feb 2014)

3. 50% reduced deposits

4. Third and Fourth person in same stateroom free or reduced fares.

Select Alaska Cruises, Alaska Land and Sea Journeys, Canada- New England as well as other fall departures will receive the following In lieu of a beverage card: we will offer on board spending credits: ( new terminology for shipboard credit.)

1.7 to ten day $75.00 per person or $150.00 per couple applies to first two guests in cabin.

11- 14 days $100.00 per person or $200.00 per couple applies to first two guests in cabin.

15+days $150.00 per person or $300.00 per couple applies to first two guests in cabin.

2. Up to 10% savings on select and shore excursions which must be booked during the Above and Beyond booking season of Dec 21. 2013 to end of February 2014.

3. 50% reduced deposits.

4. Third and fourth person in same cabin free or reduced fares.

Another Explore 4 style of gimmick, with the associated higher pricing. Business must be tough.

Interestingly enough sales are better right now compared to last year at this time, more Alaska cabins and Europe cabins have been sold.The problem is the COMPETITION! They are offering some really good deals with similar promotions and since it is before final often people will jump lines when another offer is better than what they had previous. Basically HAL is just trying to keep up and stay one step ahead with what else is being offered ;)

I believe this will be Roll Out with Holland America's Newest promotion that will be starting on December 17th called Above and Beyond.

The New Signature Plus Program will be encouraging cruisers to reserve Shore Excursions Early as well as Dining Packages and Beverage Packages with offering discounts for doing so. I do not have any details about the Signature Plus just tidbits that have been mentioned to me. This should be Rolled out soon with details.

This is the details about the new promotion called Above and Beyond. It is mostly geared toward Europe but does offer amenities for Alaska Cruises and Land and Sea and Canada New England

The Above and Beyond promotion will include the following rich offers for select departures June 2014- Dec 2014.

Exclusive for select Europe departures: For Ocean View and above bookings, (interior space cabins will not be eligible and no Prinsendam departures)

1. $100.00 beverage package per day per couple (or $50.00 per person first two in stateroom)

2. Up to 10% off savings on select shore excursions (the consumer must purchase the shore excursion during the time that Above and Beyond promotion is in place Dec. 21, 2013 through end of Feb 2014)

3. 50% reduced deposits

4. Third and Fourth person in same stateroom free or reduced fares.

Select Alaska Cruises, Alaska Land and Sea Journeys, Canada- New England as well as other fall departures will receive the following In lieu of a beverage card: we will offer on board spending credits: ( new terminology for shipboard credit.)

1.7 to ten day $75.00 per person or $150.00 per couple applies to first two guests in cabin.

11- 14 days $100.00 per person or $200.00 per couple applies to first two guests in cabin.

15+days $150.00 per person or $300.00 per couple applies to first two guests in cabin.

2. Up to 10% savings on select and shore excursions which must be booked during the Above and Beyond booking season of Dec 21. 2013 to end of February 2014.

3. 50% reduced deposits.

4. Third and fourth person in same cabin free or reduced fares.

What? NO PRINSENDAM Departures?? :eek::eek:

Guess that takes care of that! We'll still be sailing on the Prinsendam :)

Interestingly enough sales are better right now compared to last year at this time, ...

I agree -- another Explore4 type of gimmick.

Sounds like HAL is not selling cruises.

Hopefully, one of you is right about the number of cruises HAL is selling ;)

Edited by taxmantoo

I don't think I'd say that... it sounds like they're just trying to compete with all of the other cruise lines that recently started offering drink packages and similar specials in the last year.

Interestingly enough sales are better right now compared to last year at this time, more Alaska cabins and Europe cabins have been sold. <snip>

As I said last night in another thread ... someone is buying cabins on HAL. I know it's late for booking Caribbean for February - but since the first of November I was not able to get an SA Suite (or Signature Suite) for the 3 week time period I wanted. In short, someone is sailing HAL, as will we. But our trip is reduced to 11-days instead of 21.

I don't think I'd say that... it sounds like they're just trying to compete with all of the other cruise lines that recently started offering drink packages and similar specials in the last year.

As I said last night in another thread ... someone is buying cabins on HAL. I know it's late for booking Caribbean for February - but since the first of November I was not able to get an SA Suite (or Signature Suite) for the 3 week time period I wanted. In short, someone is sailing HAL, as will we. But our trip is reduced to 11-days instead of 21.

Our last couple of cruises on HAL ships were not sold out -- not even the Neptune Suites.

What did u end up booking L&V ?

Interestingly enough sales are better right now compared to last year at this time, more Alaska cabins and Europe cabins have been sold.The problem is the COMPETITION! They are offering some really good deals with similar promotions and since it is before final often people will jump lines when another offer is better than what they had previous. Basically HAL is just trying to keep up and stay one step ahead with what else is being offered ;)

Thanks lisa for the info :). But I like to comment , competition is not a problem for me. I love it. That's what gives us choices and gives a consumer the upper hand so we're not stuck with a mediocre cruiseline that rules the industry.

Edited by Thebes

Once again, solo sailors get the shaft. Since this new promo is limited to outside cabins and above, any solos are paying a full double rate. But when it comes to giving the benefits, they get the bennies for a single person.

Since they are paying for two, they should get benefits for two.

What did u end up booking L&V ?

Thanks for asking. We decided to use the opportunity to go back and do the 11-day Panama Canal Sunfarer on the Zuiderdam. We did this trip 3 years ago and have always wanted to go back before the "new lanes" of the Canal open up.

Edited by Linda&Vern